• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball

Sorry about your team! They just couldn't catch a break from those Tigers. It was unfortunate that some got hurt and some got pulled from the lineup. I started to see this defeated look on their faces as the series was played. I was rooting for them to win.....but mostly b/c I felt SF had a better chance against them if they won the NLCS. )-: (Go ahead and spank me) But my boys are holding on for at least one more game. I believe they can triumph at home. I believe. I believe. I believe. Tigers are my dad's team. So it would be an epic showdown in the Keveney household if his team and my team advanced to the Fall Classic. Cross your fingers!!!
I wish the Giants well Deidra, for you, for the past history of your franchise in New York City, for the wonderful city of San Francisco, and for my "cutie pie", Tim Lincecum!

Attachments

• imagesCA819DUD.jpg
    imagesCA819DUD.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 41
  • imagesCA6PQJ1K.jpg
    imagesCA6PQJ1K.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 40
My belated congratulations to The Netherlands, Robert. I did not know that baseball was played outside of the United States, Latin America, and Japan and some other Asian countries.

I went to Boy Scout camp in upstate New York back 1962, and we had an assistant scout master from England working with our troop named Clive. Come to think of it he was in his late teens or early twenties and was actually quite good looking, in excellent shape. Well Clive brought some cricket equipment and taught our troop how to play cricket, and he also played baseball with us.

The strange thing is, at school we played baseball. There are many baseball teams too... in Holland. My young nephew played as a pitcher for a while; it was not so good for his knees.

But it's seldom aired on TV. Would love to see a baseball competition... last year most Dutch were totally surprised we won the title. (Cricket never entertained me). Maybe I should find an on line stream and watch the next season of American baseball.

The strange thing is, at school we played baseball. There are many baseball teams too... in Holland. My young nephew played as a pitcher for a while; it was not so good for his knees.

But it's seldom aired on TV. Would love to see a baseball competition... last year most Dutch were totally surprised we won the title. (Cricket never entertained me). Maybe I should find an on line stream and watch the next season of American baseball.
You still have the opportunity this year Robert, for the World Series begins this Wednesday between the Detroit Tigers in the American League and the winner of the San Francisco Giants and the St. Louis Cardinals in the National League.

While "my" season is over as my beloved New York Yankees were humiliated in four straight games :crying2:, the "fall classic" in a best four of seven, for the championship has not yet started.

While "my" season is over as my beloved New York Yankees were humiliated in four straight games :crying2:, the "fall classic" in a best four of seven, for the championship has not yet started.

So I will research the on line streams. But I'll wait till the New York Yankees restart, next season; the season they will win! No fun, if the NYY is season is over. Plan them to be my team too...

Last edited:
I wish, wish wish, that I could enjoy watching baseball. It seems like such a fine sport to enjoy, and yet, it just doesn't speak to me.

Baseball on television bores me, but I do enjoy watching COLLEGE basaeball, in person!

I wish, wish wish, that I could enjoy watching baseball. It seems like such a fine sport to enjoy, and yet, it just doesn't speak to me.

I bet I could get you to enjoy it. That is on our list when I come visit you. We will go to a Rockies game. I will convert you!!

The Giants Win The Pennant

But my boys are holding on for at least one more game. I believe they can triumph at home. I believe. I believe. I believe. Tigers are my dad's team. So it would be an epic showdown in the Keveney household if his team and my team advanced to the Fall Classic. Cross your fingers!!!
Congratulations to you Deidra. You and your dad will have a "family feud" version of the World Series beginning Wednesday night in San Francisco.

Although "the shot heard round the world" of Bobby Thompson homering in the 1951 one game playoff with the Brooklyn Dodgers took place even before my time, the iconic radio call by Russ Hodges of "The Giants win the pennant" is one of the most famous of all time, and I thought of it last night when the 2012 Giants won the National League Pennant, and the right to go to the World Series!

I'm on cloud 9! I was doing backflips when my boys made it to the World Series! A hurricane couldn't stop the NLCS game 7! It was magical! And the family feud has already begun. There haven't been kind words spoken between my da and I since Monday evening. But no worries....My Giants will prevail!

World Champions of 2012

Congratulations Deidra, and to all San Francisco Giants fans. After the Detroit Tigers embarrased my Yankees in a four game sweep, the Giants did the same thing to the Tigers.

And so another baseball season concludes.
Nice going Giants, and to all fans of the other 29 major league teams, I offer the age old adage in baseball "Wait till next year"!

Attachments

• imagesCAJSEXBJ.jpg
    imagesCAJSEXBJ.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 38
  • imagesCAU8YH5P.jpg
    imagesCAU8YH5P.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 37
I thought the Giants came from NYC ?
There used to be New York Football Giants and New York Baseball Giants, but the baseball team followed the old Brooklyn Dodgers to California way back in 1958, so the baseball champs are the San Francisco Giants.

Coincidentally, the New York Football Giants, (who play in New Jersey, by the way) are also the reigning football champs. :001_cool:

There used to be New York Football Giants and New York Baseball Giants, but the baseball team followed the old Brooklyn Dodgers to California way back in 1958, so the baseball champs are the San Francisco Giants.

Coincidentally, the New York Football Giants, (who play in New Jersey, by the way) are also the reigning football champs. :001_cool:

Totally lost, but that's America for you. I was referring to baseball though and how silly am I for thinking that the Giants Basball team were the New York Giants. You people confuse the hell outta me lol.