• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2018

Getting back to "Baseball 2018" and not hot guys in Yankees and Mets caps, tonight's "rubber game" between the Yankees and Mets was rained out and will be made up in August, and the Yanks drop to five games behind Boston in the A.L. East but there is a lot of baseball to play and I am enjoying the season. No offense to KG, but I'm sure glad I'm not a Mets fan as the problems and the lack of communication between players and management and the fans continue in Flushing.

While I am not a Yankee as Joe DiMaggio was, I am grateful that they've been my team of choice to root for all these years, in good times and bad, as in 1966 when they finished in tenth place in a ten team league. I am loyal if nothing else! :smile:

41mJEJ3lmwL._SX355_.jpg

As a Met fan, I could bash the Yankees on this, but rather I shall give them credit. In a NY Times sports story today, it was discussed how the Yankees became the final and last major league team to do a gay pride game promotion. Better late than never, so I give them high credit for that. I also like how they schedule traditional Saturday afternoon home games in contrast with the Mets' apparent refusal to do so. The Mets even schedule Saturday night home games in cold night April, which is insanely unfair both to players and fans in attendance. So, there you have it, I just wrote two nice things about the Yankees. Don't get used to it.

The Twists & Turns of a baseball season.

You never know what to expect or how things will turn out over the long 162 game regular season that begins in the cold of April, through the hot muggy grind of August, soon to be followed by the cool September nights as the six month regular season moves on.

Right now the Yankees are at 73-43, thirty games over .500 with the second best record in baseball, but unfortunately for the Yankees and their fans, the team with the best record is Boston and they play in the Yankees division and Boston is 84-35, 9.5 games ahead of the Yanks. At least the Yankees are leading Oakland and Seattle in the wild card race and have a good shot to be in the one game "crap shoot" in early October for a chance to move on in the play offs.

NFL football is a month away, but we still have six weeks of regular season baseball and it is still the classic sport in my mind and I love it, win, lose or be a wild card. lol

Next Saturday afternoon I will be at Yankee Stadium for a game against Toronto and a celebration of the great 1998 Yankees, one of the greatest teams in baseball history. :thumbup:

51B5KQ1V94L._SY445_.jpg

1998.jpg

And now we are into the postseason with the wild card games to be followed by divisional, championship and the world series. As with all of life, it sure went by quickly. The Rockies and Cubs are all tied up as of this minute and my Yanks play the A's Wednesday night at Yankee Stadium.

1384e9cc7941027181c4d7725779dc03.jpg

Tomorrow is Opening Day 2018 and I get excited every year, as it is a new beginning, just as the warm Spring weather is supposed to return, (although not yet in the Northeast). I am a proud unabashed Yankee fan and am very optimistic about our chances for our 28th World Championship in October, but it is a long way from late March to late October with lot's of unexpected twists and turns in the road.

Is anyone else currently on the forum a baseball fan and what are you expecting in 2018?

PLAY BALL!!!

mlb-2018-opening-day-logo-revealed.png
\\
openingday.gif

13baseballschedule-web-articleLarge.jpg

It's been a long journey from March 29th and Opening Day, but here we are in October and the post season is underway. I must admit despite my senior years and my supposed "maturity", I find myself nervous this morning anticipating the first pitch of the Wild Card game tonight at Yankee Stadium. I return to my part time job today after a two week vacation and so my mind will be occupied with work all day, but I'm sure I will be thinking about the game.

I sure wish the Yanks had won the division and were entering a best of five series and not a one game, winner advances, loser goes home scenario. But I will be watching and rooting tonight. Let's Go Yankees!!!!

AsversusNY-900x463.jpg

bba-wildcard-db-vn-100318-ph03

YANKEES WIN!!!!!

CChLaTRUsAAHz9D.jpg

I'm so excited I don't even have the energy to watch "my Jake" tonight. Baseball tonight. Boys tomorrow! :thumbup:

YANKEES WIN!!!!!

CChLaTRUsAAHz9D.jpg

I'm so excited I don't even have the energy to watch "my Jake" tonight. Baseball tonight. Boys tomorrow! :thumbup:

I don’t quite share your priorities, I’m my book boys are first. Lol. I’m glad they won. Always good to have a happy Mikeyank!

With the current score Red Sox 11, Yankees 1, perhaps not so happy now. Still a great season though.
The final score was an embarrassing, humiliating 16-1 loss. But one more chance tonight to tie the series or the season is over. A shocking loss. :001_unsure:

The final score was an embarrassing, humiliating 16-1 loss. But one more chance tonight to tie the series or the season is over. A shocking loss. :001_unsure:

Sorry Mikeyank, the Astros just pulled off a good win and I told Mark you said the Yankees were coming back and he said I would love to see the Astros and the Yankees in the series. That’s probably a long Shot but woukd be fun.

Mikeyank, you started the season with a post I’m sorry it’s ended for the Yankees. My deepest sympathy my friend.

https://youtu.be/3SdMra6u2Ow[/VIDEO]
I will fix your "gay" video post. lol

Indeed it is over but we went out with an exciting bottom of the ninth but fell a run short. Congrats to the Red Sox, The Astros, Milwaukee and The Dodgers, the final four who will play on, but I go by the old baseball adage for the losers.

5177119688_583d445ce6.jpg

By the way, while looking for a "Wait till next year image, I discovered that there was or is an MTV show of the same name that looks very interesting to me..............

11892035_1300x1733.jpg

poster-193x290.jpg

wait-till-next-year-1.jpg

Baseball is a six month season but "boy watching" is a twelve month season for me. lol :biggrin:

That’s my buddy. Always a silver lining. Thanks for fixing my gay post. Lol. I am not sure where Judy Holliday is singing but it did look a bit like a Brooklyn Heights Park.

It’s a good thing that Broke Straight Boys is improving the line up because with fall on its way the shorts and tank tops on those cute boys on the subway will turn into hoodies and long pants and even boy watching won’t be as much fun. But hopefully Johnny Cox and Jake Spencer will keep things in Brooklyn Heights warm and toasty and perhaps sticky? Lol

That’s my buddy. Always a silver lining. Thanks for fixing my gay post. Lol. I am not sure where Judy Holliday is singing but it did look a bit like a Brooklyn Heights Park.

It’s a good thing that Broke Straight Boys is improving the line up because with fall on its way the shorts and tank tops on those cute boys on the subway will turn into hoodies and long pants and even boy watching won’t be as much fun. But hopefully Johnny Cox and Jake Spencer will keep things in Brooklyn Heights warm and toasty and perhaps sticky? Lol
You are a good friend Rep. Thanks for keeping my spirits up and suggesting that Broke Straight Boys might help keep some other things "up" as well. And while my Yankees season is over, my Duke season begins in just three weeks!!!!! :thumbup:

87797902-e5d5-413b-a3bb-0f7b739611ca-large16x9_KentuckyvsDuke201819.jpg

906245978.jpg.0.jpg

You are a good friend Rep. Thanks for keeping my spirits up and suggesting that Broke Straight Boys might help keep some other things "up" as well. And while my Yankees season is over, my Duke season begins in just three weeks!!!!! :thumbup:

87797902-e5d5-413b-a3bb-0f7b739611ca-large16x9_KentuckyvsDuke201819.jpg

906245978.jpg.0.jpg

I forgot. Hope springs eternal in Brooklyn Heights. Thank goodness for Duke and they do wear shorts and tank tops. Lol. Of course I know more about Doris Duke. Lol. But I support my friend.

By the way, while looking for a "Wait till next year image, I discovered that there was or is an MTV show of the same name that looks very interesting to me..............

11892035_1300x1733.jpg

poster-193x290.jpg

wait-till-next-year-1.jpg

Baseball is a six month season but "boy watching" is a twelve month season for me. lol :biggrin:

Very hot! I would bed him now or next year (the latter if he was of age this year but would be next year).

I started this thread on March 28 on Opening Day, 2018. And I would be remiss not to acknowledge the beginning of the grand finale of the 2018 season, the culmination of an 162 game regular season, and several rounds of playoffs in each league to arrive at the two standing teams for the Fall Classic.

Although my first preference is always the NY Yankees to represent the American League, my second choice is our bitter rival and the team that kept us from winning our division and winning the ALDS, so congrats to Boston. And their rival is another old school team that actually used to play in my beloved Brooklyn.

Congratulations to both the Red Sox & Dodgers and here's hoping for an exciting World Series!:thumbup:

71z03cUf9sL._SY606_.jpg
thumb.aspx

I started this thread on March 28 on Opening Day, 2018. And I would be remiss not to acknowledge the beginning of the grand finale of the 2018 season, the culmination of an 162 game regular season, and several rounds of playoffs in each league to arrive at the two standing teams for the Fall Classic.

Although my first preference is always the NY Yankees to represent the American League, my second choice is our bitter rival and the team that kept us from winning our division and winning the ALDS, so congrats to Boston. And their rival is another old school team that actually used to play in my beloved Brooklyn.

Congratulations to both the Red Sox & Dodgers and here's hoping for an exciting World Series!:thumbup:

71z03cUf9sL._SY606_.jpg
thumb.aspx

That is wild a repeat 102 years later.

That is wild a repeat 102 years later.

I'm sure Mikeyank knows this: 102 years ago the Boston Red Sox defeated the Brooklyn Robins (not Dodgers yet) in the 1916 World Series led by the Red Sox star left handed pitcher named Babe Ruth, whose contract was later sold to the Yankees, who discovered that Ruth could hit as well.

I'm sure Mikeyank knows this: 102 years ago the Boston Red Sox defeated the Brooklyn Robins (not Dodgers yet) in the 1916 World Series led by the Red Sox star left handed pitcher named Babe Ruth, whose contract was later sold to the Yankees, who discovered that Ruth could hit as well.
Oh yeah, I've heard of that lefty pitcher on Boston, Babe Ruth. I wonder whatever happened to him after he got traded to New York????? LOLOLOLOL

babe-ruth-baseball-hall-of-fame-16-x-22-wooden-plaque-replica-016076_1.jpg