• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2019

The Nats went from worst to World Series Champions. First team in any major sport to win every away game. You gotta love those guys.

I was indeed pleased to see The Nats win it all. There was a great celebration on the field and in their clubhouse and there will be a parade in Washington on Saturday.

nationals-win-nl-pennant.jpg

clubhouse-1.jpg

And their fans celebrated too.

washington-nationals-world-series-celebrations.jpg

Guess now we know why the Astros had such a good home record. Electronic cheating.

I don't want to jinx it by starting a new thread for Baseball - 2020 yet, so I will use this one to say that I am cautiously optimistic that Opening Day will actually come off on Thursday night at Nationals Park. If the season does start, and even more miraculously if it will finish, it will put a bit of normalcy to an otherwise very abnormal year of 2020. Yes it will only be 60 game regular season, with no fans in the ball parks and with "canned" crowd noise and all the special rules for this season, but it will be baseball.

Here's hoping that come Thursday night Gerrit Cole and Max Scherzer will pitch a great game and the rhythm of a regular season will make this summer feel a bit more normal.

cole-gerrit-scherzer-max-1180.jpg

I have now watched parts of two exhibition games between The Yankees and Mets. It felt like real baseball and the "fake" crowd noises are fine too. I just want to see regular baseball played again and it is looking more and more like Opening Day will come off as planned and I can't wait!:biggrin:

I have now watched parts of two exhibition games between The Yankees and Mets. It felt like real baseball and the "fake" crowd noises are fine too. I just want to see regular baseball played again and it is looking more and more like Opening Day will come off as planned and I can't wait!:biggrin:

Someone told me that there are fake cardboard "fans" in the stands!

Someone told me that there are fake cardboard "fans" in the stands!
The Mets are doing it at Citifield. Whereas the fake noise seems to work to make the games seem more natural, the "cardboard fans" do nothing for me. :001_unsure:

image.jpg

New_York_Mets_v_Arizona_Diamondbacks.1.jpg