• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
The 2010 Major League season begins this Sunday and will go through October. I am a big Yankee's fan, and I know that Tampa24 is a Rays fan. I used to exchange messages with a high school baseball coach who was a Tigers fan. Last summer I was private messaging Jeremybsball a very cute young Red Sox fan from Cape Cod. He has unfortunately not been around the forum for a while. Are any other members here baseball fans, and looking forward to the new season?

I am also still very much into the NCAA Basketball tournament, with my Duke Blue Devils in the Final Four. :thumbup:

The 2010 Major League season begins this Sunday and will go through October. I am a big Yankee's fan, and I know that Tampa24 is a Rays fan. I used to exchange messages with a high school baseball coach who was a Tigers fan. Last summer I was private messaging Jeremybsball a very cute young Red Sox fan from Cape Cod. He has unfortunately not been around the forum for a while. Are any other members here baseball fans, and looking forward to the new season?

I am also still very much into the NCAA Basketball tournament, with my Duke Blue Devils in the Final Four. :thumbup:

Cubs first, White Sox second.

My Partner Mikey is a Big Yankees fan. So I guess I am by injection or ingestion! The new season is always great to look forward to, however 3/31 signaled the final Spring Training game here in Tucson after 64 years. It really sucks.

Thanks for the thread. It's a Yankees Universe!

Our Seattle Mariners start their first game this coming Monday in Oakland against the A's. I don't remember when our home game opener is for sure, but I'm pretty sure the first two games up here in Seattle are with Oakland and then Toronto.

Gary

I'm a huge baseball fan. I grew up in New England, thus became a Red Sox fan at an early age. I live part of the year in Florida now and enjoy spring training (the Yankees are here in Tampa) and have become a fan of the Rays--except when the Red Sox are in town. I return to New England in June for the remainder of baseball season and to a place where my Red Sox hat is more welcome. Good luck with Duke. Not one of my picks made it to the final four.

I'm a huge baseball fan. I grew up in New England, thus became a Red Sox fan at an early age. I live part of the year in Florida now and enjoy spring training (the Yankees are here in Tampa) and have become a fan of the Rays--except when the Red Sox are in town. I return to New England in June for the remainder of baseball season and to a place where my Red Sox hat is more welcome. Good luck with Duke. Not one of my picks made it to the final four.
Welcome to the forum TampaDad. You can start watching your Bo Sox starting this Sunday night when the Yanks come to Fenway. It will be on ESPN2 on Sunday Night Baseball. The Yanks, Boston and Tampa Bay all look strong this year.

And thanks for your good wishes to my Duke Blue Devils too.:thumbup:

Six Months Later

The playoffs begin Wednesday. Baseball is more than a sport to me, it is part of the fabric of America. I understand that all Americans are not sports fans or baseball fans. But for those of us who get into it, a baseball season is like a mini drama. There are always twists and turns, and it takes us through three seasons, from April until October.

And the sport is inter-generational too. I especially remember going to Spring Training games in Fort Lauderdale in the 70's and 80's, when I was in my thirties to early forties, but I would often sit near a senor citizen and we could talk baseball together, like we were old friends. And although the game has changed somewhat and the salaries have changed astronomically, it's cool that the year could be 1923, and I would still be sitting next to a fan of any age, and we could talk baseball.

I'm rooting for my Yanks, but good luck to fans of teams from all eight cities.

Okay. Now back to the straighties with the hard dicks. :biggrin:

Hey Mike Why are we playing Tampa Bay? Go RANGERS!!!! He He!!!!!!
Yankees are the wild card, who should play team with best record, (Tampa Bay) , but you can't play a team from your division in that round. That's why Texas gets Tampa Bay and not the Yanks.

Good luck to Texas,Samdog. (No offense to my friend Tampa, who will be rooting the other way). :wink:

I am a Braves fan. I wasn't aware until I read this thread that other teams existed.

I am a Braves fan. I wasn't aware until I read this thread that other teams existed.
That's surprising, being in Ohio where you have both Cleveland, and Cincinnati and this year the Reds are in the playoffs, but I am rooting for Bobby Cox in his final year of managing. Did you know he came up as a Yankee infielder and was their third base coach?

Well as we see Samdog's team did just fine today. When they beat the Rays 5-1. Hopefully it will be an exciting contest. :001_smile:

Tim Lincecum

One of the great young pitchers in the game today pitched a shutout last night for the San Francisco Giants. He's a great pitcher, I find him very hot and the last three letters of his last name are spelled, "cum". I'm totally smitten.:001_tt2:

Attachments

• Tim-Lincecum.jpg
    Tim-Lincecum.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 24
  • tim-lincecum1.jpg
    tim-lincecum1.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 24
  • TimLincecumLOL.jpg
    TimLincecumLOL.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 42
One of the great young pitchers in the game today pitched a shutout last night for the San Francisco Giants. He's a great pitcher, I find him very hot and the last three letters of his last name are spelled, "cum". I'm totally smitten.:001_tt2:

Mee too... Thanks for sharing Mike...:thumbup:

Hail to the World Champions!

Congratulations to the sexy, pot smoking Tim Lincecum and his San Francisco Giants!! Job well done Tim!

Talking Baseball 2011

With the new season starting on Thursday, I wanted to welcome back what was once called "America's pastime". I want to wish luck to all fan's on the eve of opening day. Every team is tied for first place, as Hope springs eternal. Enjoy the twists and turns of another season, starting in chilly April, running through the dog day's of summer, culminating again in the chilly October night's of the postseason and the fall classic. Good luck to all fans for their teams in 2011. :001_cool: