• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball - 2016

The Yankees are in the middle of an amazing run in the baseball playoffs. They were supposed to be in a "transitional" year in 2017, with the kids getting some experience with some veterans finishing up their contracts. If you check the pre-season picks, the Yankees were not a postseason pick at all. But they made the wild card game, beat Minnesota, went down 2-0 to the mighty Cleveland Indians and roared back to win three straight to move on to the American League Championship series. They again went down 2-0 to Houston and came home to Yankee Stadium to win three in a row and head back to Houston Friday for two chances to win one game and move on to the World Series. It has been a Fantasy Season for Yankee fans. Will the dream go on or come crashing back to earth in Houston? I don't know but I can't wait for Friday night and Game 6!

Whatever happens, this has been a wonderful season for the greatest franchise in baseball history, The New York Yankees!!!!

920x920.jpg

ax185_6426_9.jpg

636439543782741847-USP-MLB-ALCS-HOUSTON-ASTROS-AT-NEW-YORK-YANKEES-94677927.JPG

Mike a truely amazing season. Who would have thought Yankees v. Dodgers in 2017 World Series! Go NY tonight.

Houston tied the series at three last night, and tonight will be what is the most exciting situation in a sports season, game seven in a post season series with winner take all, going to the world series while the loser goes home. Whatever happens, this has been a bonus season to me, with the Yanks not even expected to make the playoffs as their young players develop, so whatever happens I am a proud Yankee fan, but I'd love to see them pull off the upset and move into the series with a chance to win their twenty-eighth world championship. But first things first, and that is Game Seven tonight in Houston!

GO YANKS!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

My Yankees lost out in Game 7 of the ALCS to the eventual World Champs, Houston.........And so another baseball season has come to it's conclusion. I still love the game after all these years, and I'm already looking forward to Spring Training starting in February in the training camps in Florida and Arizona. So again congrats to the Houston Astros and to fans of every other team.........

WTNYBLOG.jpg

I never understood baseball and to be honest I have never watched an entire game before... The first game I watched was the last game of the Astros and the Yankees.

Tyler36 gave me some incentive to watch it...lol

After that I watched all the other games. My country doesn't have baseball teams, so I adopted one of yours... I think I chose the right year to become an Astros fan, right?

Like Mike said I can't wait for next year to follow it from the start.

Congrats Houston Astros!!!
scenes-from-game-7-of-the-world-series_dwbzviayzyha14y3q10lha8cz.jpg

I never understood baseball and to be honest I have never watched an entire game before... The first game I watched was the last game of the Astros and the Yankees.

Tyler36 gave me some incentive to watch it...lol

After that I watched all the other games. My country doesn't have baseball teams, so I adopted one of yours... I think I chose the right year to become an Astros fan, right?

Like Mike said I can't wait for next year to follow it from the start.

Congrats Houston Astros!!!
View attachment 18894

Bart, you sure did! Back in March, John Keith predicted this after we went to a weekend series at Minute Maid. Some pics from yesterday! :)))))))))))
George Springer and Carlo Correra are awesome men and role models. We are very proud of them!

houston-astros-victory-parde-route-450x270.jpg
920x920.jpg
1-171103-astros-parade-ac-1038p_3b668afc6c816ea061450ebcb42870b8.nbcnews-ux-1024-900.jpg
920x920.jpg
astros-world-series-win-parade-02-ap-jef-171103_4x3_992.jpg

Last edited:
Each February thirty teams are spread out among the Cactus and Grapefruit Leagues all looking for the chance to be world champs and after thirty exhibition games, 162 regular season games, and the layers of post season stretching all the way until November 1st, only one team is left standing and so congratulations go to the Houston Astros as they won their first championship in their 55 years of existence going back to the original Houston Colt 45's franchise that started the same year as the New York Mets in 1962.

It is a great feeling for the team and for the fans to be champs and now we wait for spring training to start in approximately two and a half months and we start the process all over again, to crown the 2018 World Championship team. Baseball is a great tradition with a great history!

Good luck to all fans and their teams for next year!!!!! :thumbup:

acf991d7fb6f2844ad97ad0820eee983.jpg