• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball 2020

Why, Thank you! haha
I am not a fan of the Astros nor the National League, so I am all in with Tampa, for the rest of this post-season that is!

Tampa-Bay-Rays-Logo-2008-2018.jpg

On morning Joe they were going off on the Astros. I guess we are just going to have to beat you guys anyway. My partner Mark grew up watching them and going to games. The former owner is a family friend and my nephews got to go to the games. Sit in his box and hang out in the dugout. Of course I would have preferred the locker room but that’s me. So we are sticking with the Astros.

I was disappointed by the loss last night. But I'm looking forward to the next game. :)

I was disappointed by the loss last night. But I'm looking forward to the next game. :)
I’m still rooting for Tampa. You guys beat the Yankees in the elimination game this year as Houston did last year. But with the Rays it was a legit loss. With the Astros last year it was with cheating. Go Rays. :biggrin:

I’m still rooting for Tampa. You guys beat the Yankees in the elimination game this year as Houston did last year. But with the Rays it was a legit loss. With the Astros last year it was with cheating. Go Rays. :biggrin:

As a Met fan, I'm rooting for Tampa as well. The Astros not only cheat, but they abandoned the National League as well.

As a Met fan, I'm rooting for Tampa as well. The Astros not only cheat, but they abandoned the National League as well.
Did you know that Mickey Mantle hit the first home run in the Astrodome in an exhibition game? (Fun fact). Lol

If you had placed a wager at the beginning of the season, not many folks would have expected The Rays to make it to the World Series. Both Championship Series were exciting and congratulations to the two winners, The Dodgers & The Rays!

dodgers-bracket.png

Yes. This is amazing! I'm not one to count my chickens before they hatch. But having said that, the Tampa Bay Lightning won the Stanley Cup this year for the second time in franchise history. (The last time was in 2004.) If we won the World Series this year too, that would be an incredible feat. I don't know if that's ever been done before by one city or region.

(Contrary to what some sportscasters will sometimes accidentally say on tv, the Rays are actually based just on the other side of Tampa Bay in St. Petersburg. haha)

Rays.jpg

Rayss.jpg

:thumbup: Rays Win in the Ninth!!! :biggrin:

World Series tied up 2-2.

That one game was worth the whole trip to the World Series. It was a seesaw, edge of your seat nail biter all night long. Incredible final inning.

i

Everything is different this year. Instead of Opening Day being the last week of March, it is in late July. Instead of an 162 game regular season, it is a 60 game regular season, no packed ball parks for Opening Day, instead no fans at all, and a whole bunch of rules changes and procedural changes during the Pandemic of 2020, but it is still baseball and I am psyched for the first pitch about an hour and a half away. There is something magical about baseball, the rhythm of having a game almost every night or day during the summer, the twists and turns during the season with players and teams no one expected to succeed or the opposite. It may be different but it is baseball and I'm thrilled that it is about to begin.

Annotation-2019-04-02-125524-630x350.jpg
I made this post and started this thread on July 23, and last night on October 27 the season ended with the crowning of the LA Dodgers as the 2020 champ. Congratulations to the Dodgers, to the Rays for another amazing run on one of the lowest payrolls in baseball. But mostly to Major League Baseball for pulling off an abbreviated season with limited traveling and a postseason played in no home stadiums and completing it all in this most unusual year. Hopefully 2021 will be a normal season, but who knows when normalcy will return to our society, in any sense of the word?

Yes. I'm proud of my Rays for making it to the World Series. But this was a very strange season indeed. I would have much preferred to go see at least one game in person. Here's hoping that 2021 is a better year.