• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Baseball - 2016

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
I couldn't let opening day pass without mentioning our national pass time. Three games were played Sunday and the Yankees were supposed to open at Yankee Stadium today, but it is cold and raining and they will play tomorrow instead. Baseball is the longest of seasons, with 162 games stretching out from the cold days of April through the heat of July and August into the cool fall nights and each team hopes to be playing in October.

Good luck to all your favorite teams and especially to mine, The Bronx Bombers!!!

yankees_official_full.jpg

classic_image_320x213.jpg

2411.jpg

I too enjoy opening day! I remember cutting class a couple of years ago to drive from Upstate New York to Cleveland to watch my Indians play. When my friends on i got there, found a motel and got our stuff ready we headed to the ballpark. We actually got in and to our seats before they announced the game was postponed due to a storm approaching. They announced the game would be played the next day. Fine with us until we woke up and looked out the motel window and saw the ground covered in snow.
Needless to say we did not see the opening day game played. I forgot to mention my friends are not Indians fans, they just agreed to go because I had the car.

I too enjoy opening day! I remember cutting class a couple of years ago to drive from Upstate New York to Cleveland to watch my Indians play. When my friends on i got there, found a motel and got our stuff ready we headed to the ballpark. We actually got in and to our seats before they announced the game was postponed due to a storm approaching. They announced the game would be played the next day. Fine with us until we woke up and looked out the motel window and saw the ground covered in snow.
Needless to say we did not see the opening day game played. I forgot to mention my friends are not Indians fans, they just agreed to go because I had the car.
Opening Day most definitely has a special feel to it. Everybody is tied for first place and the stadium is usually full and the bunting is hung and there is a marching band and a live performance of the National Anthem, and the lineups are introduced as in a world series game. Hope springs eternal and baseball to me is like a metaphor of life.

My college friend Mark and I attended opening day for like twenty straight years, as our jobs knew that we always took off on this "religious" day of the year. All across America and in two cities in Canada this is a new awakening for baseball fans.

download%20_OP_3_CP__1459631536900_1338537_ver1.0.jpg
0385081001455994637_filepicker.jpg
usp_mlb__boston_red_sox_at_philadelphia_phillies_72139696.jpg
650x366
1280_Pittsburgh_Opening_Day_fu0ghu08_nbjbvad1.jpg

What you couldn't post a pic of us at Yankee Stadium??? Well I have one I bet everybody would love to see lolololol

What you couldn't post a pic of us at Yankee Stadium??? Well I have one I bet everybody would love to see lolololol
Here we are in Monument Park between Babe Ruth & Lou Gehrig.

IMG_0228.jpg

And one of Peter in the press box.

IMG_0240.jpg

And one of me making love to a picture of Derek Jeter. :drool:

IMG_0249.jpg

And there is the one that Peter has of me with the sun shining in my eyes that we are not showing here, :stress: lolololol

Last edited:
Mikey!!! Thanks starting this topic. I was going to but thought I would get laughed out of the forum.
Opening day at home for the Mariners is Friday...WOOOHOOO!! Opening day is my favorite day of the year. I actually took the night off work to watch all the games. What a great time of year. I have been pouting for 4 months now no more. Go Mariners!!!!!! Watch Out Yanks.

Mikey!!! Thanks starting this topic. I was going to but thought I would get laughed out of the forum.
Opening day at home for the Mariners is Friday...WOOOHOOO!! Opening day is my favorite day of the year. I actually took the night off work to watch all the games. What a great time of year. I have been pouting for 4 months now no more. Go Mariners!!!!!! Watch Out Yanks.
Good luck to the Mariners Billy, except when you play the Yanks & you know who my favorite Mariner is.
"It's Robbie Cano, Don't you know"! lol

Robinson-Cano-homers.jpg

Ken Griffey JR is throwing out the first pitch. Couldn't hurt to put him in the game either!!! lolol

That's a cool story Lp! haha I've been to Cleveland a few times. Never made it to the stadium for a game though.

Opening Day is an exciting time. It heralds the beginning of spring and all the hopes for a happy summer.

My Rays didn't win their opening day to the Jays. But I'm happy to see the season starting. :001_smile:

Opening Day is an exciting time. It heralds the beginning of spring and all the hopes for a happy summer.

My Rays didn't win their opening day to the Jays. But I'm happy to see the season starting. :001_smile:
And my Yankees lost on opening day too. :crying2:

But you're right Tampa. Opening day and a new season means more to true fans than just another sports season. Baseball brings out the little boy is us. Check out the movie "Field of Dreams" to see what it really means to true fans.:smile:

fieldofdreams.jpg
A9DE6E2E-B064-422A-8CF5-BCB235D73DDA.jpg
5865.6414.jpg

Last edited:
Good luck to the Mariners Billy, except when you play the Yanks & you know who my favorite Mariner is.
"It's Robbie Cano, Don't you know"! lol

Robinson-Cano-homers.jpg
Robbie is off to a fast start. Through three games he has 4 homers and 7 RBIs. Except for when they play the Yanks, April 15-17 at Yankee Stadium, Keep up the good work Robbie!!!!

"Robbie Cano, don'cha know?":thumbup1:

Funbilly has challenged me for a bet on the three game series between The Mariners and The Yankees this weekend at Yankee Stadium. I accept the challenge but I pussied out, and I'm not giving up my Yankee logo for a week even if we lose, but I will be publicly humiliated if the Mariners beat us. G0 YANKEES!!!!

tonight-100_3115.jpg

funbilly & his Mariners are up 1-0 in the series with a thorough thrashing of the Yanks last night at the Stadium. Game two begins in a while. I'm sure glad I didn't bet my avatar, lol

Kinda funny how the Yankee fans all roundly boo Robinson Cano calling him a traitor. I wonder how many of them would pass up $240 million dollars to remain loyal.??????

Not me, I consider myself loyal to a fault but $240 million is $240 million. :thumbup1:

Speaking as one whose team is in the basement of the A.L.E... One rank below the Yankees... No comment. haha