• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's Life Like in New York City?

Ty for sharing these impressive pictures, Mike. I have not been back to New York City since we left in 1969.
It has changed a lot over these past 52 years and a lot for the better, (although I do miss the old sleazy Times Square and the sex clubs in the Village and all, but at my age now, who needs them? lol). But seriously since I started taking my organized tours and spontaneous ones like today, with my still relatively new iPhone, I am appreciating more and more what a spectacular city I live in.

Unfortunately I am home bound unable to walk very far. Therefor, your pictures are a visual treat.

Last edited:
Unfortunately I am home bound unable to walk very far. Therefor, your pictures are a visual treat.
Glad that you enjoyed them. I have a few more outings planned this week. Tomorrow is an organized walk in Hell's Kitchen and Sunday a tour of the North Woods of Central Park. I would be happy to post some pics after those walks if you like.

I would very much so, i remember those areas , thank you.

I loved all the pics Mikey. Thank you! I especially enjoyed the mural of Mother Theresa and Mahatma Ghandi. :)

I loved all the pics Mikey. Thank you! I especially enjoyed the mural of Mother Theresa and Mahatma Ghandi. :)
Thanks. I honestly didn’t notice it when I took the pic. I just thought it was cool building art but you are correct, Eagle Eye Tampa. :001_cool:

Here it is in more detail.

C38D5AC5-C533-4739-B18A-10028E20AF41.jpg

Mikey that makes two of us who missed it AND i, too, thank you Tampa.

E64B1FD1-0135-4995-B9D6-1E45F0849F54.jpg

Tonight was the Hell’s Kitchen walk. We started at Columbus Circle and finished at Pier 84 near The Intrepid on the Hudson River.

71E2E678-685E-4500-8ECE-B8EA989E746F.jpg

3AF5305E-BF49-4972-9BFC-689523F976E1.jpg

The soup restaurant that was the Seinfeld inspiration for “Soup Nazi”.

3A4C4340-BE8D-4C67-A81A-06A98E3AA39C.jpg

The original Studio 54, now a theater.

D8DBA946-D0A7-48C6-A614-E3FA89FE31D5.jpg

897B6C60-CAFC-45F1-AABE-D53F29E002CA.jpg

Thank you Mikey, it brought back memories of a long past time for me. The pictures were wonderful.

Mikey you may be interested in tomorrow's video which is about life in the late 70's in "the fond days of the St. Mark's Baths".

Mikey you may be interested in tomorrow's video which is about life in the late 70's in "the fond days of the St. Mark's Baths".
I made my way there a few times, but it was not clean and didn't have the young twink types that I've always been attracted to. My two favorite baths were the Continental Baths in the Ansonia Hotel on Broadway and West 74th Street and my favorite of all was The Club Baths on First Avenue & East 1st Street. I was in my thirties back then but my favorite night at The Club Baths was Friday night which was "Buddy Night" for college students and the 18-21 year old crowd often buddied up to get in at two for one price. Two twinks for the price of one!!!!

club%20bath-pre73a.jpg

I didn't remember it was $2.50 admission for students all the time and with NYU and many other colleges nearby, no wonder the halls were filled with young hot fresh meat! lol

Mikey first thank you for the picture & explanation. So you, too, like the twink types. If so you must like Boys Fun.

The next two videos are set in New York, too, but neither have anything to do with the baths!

I made my way there a few times, but it was not clean and didn't have the young twink types that I've always been attracted to. My two favorite baths were the Continental Baths in the Ansonia Hotel on Broadway and West 74th Street and my favorite of all was The Club Baths on First Avenue & East 1st Street. I was in my thirties back then but my favorite night at The Club Baths was Friday night which was "Buddy Night" for college students and the 18-21 year old crowd often buddied up to get in at two for one price. Two twinks for the price of one!!!!

club%20bath-pre73a.jpg

I didn't remember it was $2.50 admission for students all the time and with NYU and many other colleges nearby, no wonder the halls were filled with young hot fresh meat! lol

Can't argue with prices like that!

Today I visited the North Woods in Central Park, an oasis in the park which is an oasis itself from normal parts of Manhattan. It was a beautiful day to explore the least visited part of Central Park.

BBA063C3-A176-4C0B-9641-264CA7AC2AE8.jpg

B5D653A3-17FC-4880-8703-6249C957D42A.jpg

ED9560A5-85EC-4642-B195-1EA4CB7D2CBB.jpg

7E42F0F4-74A8-422E-8193-0DA51A4D12BA.jpg

5CAAA871-128D-4C3E-8729-9271852122DD.jpg

Sorry they all came out sideways.

Last edited:
I use to go to Central Park all the time, it reminded me of home . TY for those great pictures, Mikey.