• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's Life Like in New York City?

I've never been to an art museum, looks amazing!

As I keep telling you Chac, if you can make your way down to New York City some time, I would love to take your on a walking tour of my beautiful city and we can squeeze in a visit to The Guggenheim or The Met or The Whitney or any other museum of your choice. My offer is good as long as I am healthy enough to go on long walks, so in that sense it is a “limited time offer”, lol.

Several months ago I posted pics on this thread of the long line to get into a bakery of some sort on Montague Street, the main shopping and dining street in Brooklyn Heights. I have solved the mystery. It is called, L'Appartement 4F.

Here is the background front heir website.

About Us​

Gautier moved from France to NYC in 2012. He met Ashley in 2016 and the two have been inseparable since. The only thing missing in his life was good bread. That is until he started baking. With a background in engineering, he perfected his recipes down to a science. The two reside in Cobble Hill Brooklyn with their dog Chip. When they aren't baking, they visit local farmer's markets, hike and drink wine.

Special Delivery​

L'Appartement 4F began right here in our small Brooklyn apartment. We are a two person cottage bakery making handcrafted small batches of slow fermented, sourdough bread. Through lots of trial, error, and butter, we curated a menu that brings France to NYC. Each croissant is rolled by hand and we hope you taste how special that is. A special delivery from l'appartement to yours!

And this was posted by Ashley this past August.

L'Appartement 4F is leaving l'appartement! We signed the lease for a brick and mortar shop on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights.
Created by
Ashley Clifford

So they moved their online business from Apartment 4F in their building in Cobble Hill to Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights.

These pics I took this morning of the line to get in and the store and a peek at one of the upstairs tables for dining in.

AAE1A6AA-2507-4B88-840B-5A1EB732B9D4.jpeg
0A70D289-CAC6-4536-8AB7-261B8C9E5B15.jpeg
A0FD7169-A484-4EE8-A7D1-BE6985DB75B7.jpeg

Thanks for the background & pictures. There was a time I made my own breads from scratch, as well as rye rolls . I made great cakes as well also from scratch but ate very little giving them away and for my kids.

And across the street from L'Appartement 4F also on Montague Street, today was the grandopening of a new children's bookstore, the original also in Brooklyn. Here are a couple of pics of Opening day. There’ve been a bunch of closed storefronts since the height of the pandemic and although neither of these two stores are for me, I love seeing more life and activity on Montague Street, the highest profile street in Brooklyn Heights.

43F3B545-464A-4139-99C0-9CF0AF8478D2.jpeg
BBA7C103-92B5-4E38-B1EB-FA8B32202147.jpeg
18A7FFA2-195C-40D5-96E7-E30D2869EABE.jpeg

Today’s been an usually warm November 12th, and it is still 68 degrees Fahrenheit now at close to 4 PM. I spent the afternoon in Brooklyn Bridge Park, walking and sitting listening to music on my headphones and watching people and the more natural beauty too. As I was leaving through the northern end of the park, taking the Squibb Bridge back into the Heights, I felt compelled to take a few pics……

4CEFE718-15F0-40AF-93F3-9D63DA821067.jpeg
C0F6FA4C-4916-4C47-82A8-E9E104CA7F57.jpeg
F75EDB02-1D8E-4C94-81EC-A0F83BD40449.jpeg
E8F3C4F7-70B0-4BB1-A0BE-E22E394BBCD4.jpeg
75E4C2B9-CF5E-4FFC-AF31-523F56B32304.jpeg
611B0D6A-BA10-44F0-820C-9F7BA3B00612.jpeg
87829BF5-DD57-402C-B77A-4B3B4F67AB07.jpeg

Several months ago I posted pics on this thread of the long line to get into a bakery of some sort on Montague Street, the main shopping and dining street in Brooklyn Heights. I have solved the mystery. It is called, L'Appartement 4F.

Here is the background front heir website.

About Us​

Gautier moved from France to NYC in 2012. He met Ashley in 2016 and the two have been inseparable since. The only thing missing in his life was good bread. That is until he started baking. With a background in engineering, he perfected his recipes down to a science. The two reside in Cobble Hill Brooklyn with their dog Chip. When they aren't baking, they visit local farmer's markets, hike and drink wine.

Special Delivery​

L'Appartement 4F began right here in our small Brooklyn apartment. We are a two person cottage bakery making handcrafted small batches of slow fermented, sourdough bread. Through lots of trial, error, and butter, we curated a menu that brings France to NYC. Each croissant is rolled by hand and we hope you taste how special that is. A special delivery from l'appartement to yours!

And this was posted by Ashley this past August.

L'Appartement 4F is leaving l'appartement! We signed the lease for a brick and mortar shop on Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights.
Created by
Ashley Clifford

So they moved their online business from Apartment 4F in their building in Cobble Hill to Montague Street in Brooklyn Heights.

These pics I took this morning of the line to get in and the store and a peek at one of the upstairs tables for dining in.

View attachment 102049View attachment 102050View attachment 102051
Thanks for the background on that. It's always cool to hear of a business successs story of a family (or couple) owned business. I'm happy for them that the business is thriving.

Last edited:
Thanks for the background on that. It's always cool to hgear of a business successs story of a family (or couple) owned business. I'm happy for them that the business is thriving.

Indeed Tampa. It did solve the mystery of the long lines. Much like Kevin Costner in “Field of Dreams”, If you build it, they will come. :001_smile:

My parents had a Ma & paw business . What made it different they refused to take advantage of product shortages & nrise prices during WW II.

Today is a lovely late autumn day, sunny and 45 degrees Fahrenheit in New York City. Here are three quick shots of my block as fall has not given way to winter yet.

30CD5657-D86D-47D2-986B-1CCEEF2BACB5.jpeg
C3CCF649-0698-437A-8244-99EF372DA599.jpeg
089585CF-1C85-4551-B06D-6F3C819B7C9E.jpeg

As always , Mike, your pictures provide my view to the outside world, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the background on that. It's always cool to hear of a business successs story of a family (or couple) owned business. I'm happy for them that the business is thriving.

It’s interesting Tampa that my curiosity was based on the long lines I saw each morning outside of a small shop. Today I saw this article on line.

This 34-Year-Old Quit His Engineering Job to Open a Bakery in New York City—Now, It Brings in $128,000 a Month​

76F4D9E6-B83C-4827-8389-71C00E0418C5.jpeg