• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's Life Like in New York City?

Would any true mikeyank fan think differently!

Tampa what do you use to keep it so clean, inquiring minds wan to know!

Friday was the nicest day of this year so far and I took a walk down to Brooklyn Bridge Park and wanted to share this pic I took.

1AF8D3B8-B00F-4DE3-BD08-00B44696A70C.jpg

Thanks Mikey for the beautiful picture of a peacetime city enjoying a nice sunny March day. I needed that.

I am big on the history of New York City and particularly close to where I live in Brooklyn Heights. Here are pictures of Jay and Willoughby Streets in Downtown Brooklyn, a five minute walk from where I live. The original black and white pic was taken on Nov. 27, 1927, and the color pic is from today. Check out the way people dressed in 1927 in addition to the businesses that operated then. I love this kind of stuff!

B1758994-2201-4EC5-8BDF-DCDF06A1F11A.jpgB64A410E-D1DE-480B-BC69-CABAD719C973.jpg

That's cool Mikey! Thank you. :)
You’re very welcome Tampa. I really enjoy taking a glimpse into seeing how people lived on the same streets and often in the same dwellings as folks did in the above pics from the 1920’s. My building that I live in was built in 1850. I keep looking unsuccessfully for pics of my building from over a century ago.

I’m meeting a friend in about an hour to explore Brooklyn Bridge Park and DUMBO. As always I have my iPhone camera handy to capture some pics which I may share here later today!

Anxious to see your pictures. Many thanks for taking them to give me a view outside in NYC.

I’m meeting a friend in about an hour to explore Brooklyn Bridge Park and DUMBO. As always I have my iPhone camera handy to capture some pics which I may share here later today!

Anxious to see your pictures. Many thanks for taking them to give me a view outside in NYC.

Yes. Same here! :)

I also love looking at old photographs that go back 50-150 years ago, up to the first invention of photography. I like comparing the clothing styles, the modes of transportation, even the facial expressions and possible moods of the people. I like trying to put myself in their shoes and wondering what their lives were like.

My pleasure Tampa. And I purposely took a pic of the sign about Jane’s Carousel for you. It is from Youngstown Ohio. And I think you were born in Ohio if I remember correctly.

Good memory Mikey!

Actually I was proudly born in the "Eureka!" state of California. So-Cal to be more precise. But I was raised in and spent most of my childhood and teen years in the "Buckeye State" of Ohio.

And yes. I appreciate your subtle shoutout to me with the mention of Ohio. :)

TY Mike for the great new pictures, I enjoyed seeing them.

Some of my pics in DUMBO yesterday were from the top deck of the old Empire Stores looking through the portals of the old windows. These are my shots taken yesterday.

FDD921F0-E772-4050-9771-B61EB21BB034.jpg

7F2CD10B-940E-42BB-9DAF-8511D170F2BA.jpg

DE9DFAF1-9855-476E-83CF-851F48DB345B.jpg

When I first moved to this area in the late 70’s this was a desolate area with the Empire Stores boarded up and abandoned covered in graffiti.

I found this pic online from that time period.

D19854D1-942C-4549-901C-8A799855DB44.jpg

I also found this pic of the area in 1924.

67A64D7E-D3B0-4522-BE03-585A7FD99A88.jpg

I saw this sign yesterday describing the old Arbuckle Coffee Company which operated there.

A77DD378-5E0D-45F3-B41E-641084FD881A.jpg

I have become a New York City history buff in my senior years. And my favorite part is going out to see the places where the history took place.