• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's Life Like in New York City?

Renovating a building of historic interest is a good way to foster preservation. Many tourists to Greece and Italy are surprised to find that Italy south of Rome and on the island of Sicily has far better preserved ancient Greek sites of interest than Greece itself. The historical reason is that in Greece the invading Ottoman Turks sacked and destroyed ancient Greek ruins as best as they could, while in southern Italy the Christians converted ancient Greek temples to churches which by the 1900s became well preserved museums! This history of conversion of an old beautiful church condos is similar in bottom line preservation effect, which is a good thing in my opinion.

That's a very interesting historical note. :)

I have a friend who lives in England who I also met through this forum as he is a former member of Broke Straight Boys He had heard that we had snow in New York City this morning. I told him it was snowing but much too warm to stick on the ground but I told him it looked pretty on the trees and shrubbery. I took some pics for him and figured I would share them here as well.

If it's who I think it is, please pass along to him my warm regards. :)

If it's who I think it is, please pass along to him my warm regards. :)
No…..not our old time friend and nemesis. I think that friendship is over. It is a guy who was here in recent years and Rep and then I friended him on facebook. Lol

No…..not our old time friend and nemesis. I think that friendship is over. It is a guy who was here in recent years and Rep and then I friended him on facebook. Lol

Why was he your nemesis?

To lump people together like that is clearly wrong and is a reflection of the person lumping not the people they lump!

To lump people together like that is clearly wrong and is a reflection of the person lumping not the people they lump!
The forum has had dozens if not hundreds of memorable folks, men and women, young and old, citizens of the USA and many other localities over the years. Tampa and I and Peter among others including Stowe who hasn’t posted for a while could write a book on the forum alone, not even getting into the site, models, directors and management people who have posted here over the years.

Like any community of human beings, it has been filled with all sorts of folks. And the variety of personalities has made it all most interesting.

Yes of course you are right just as sports is as we recently noted and how Novak has been acting with respect to Covid vaccinations. By the way LA is be congratulated for their hard fought victory. Now onto 2022 year.

The forum has had dozens if not hundreds of memorable folks, men and women, young and old, citizens of the USA and many other localities over the years. Tampa and I and Peter among others including Stowe who hasn’t posted for a while could write a book on the forum alone, not even getting into the site, models, directors and management people who have posted here over the years.

Like any community of human beings, it has been filled with all sorts of folks. And the variety of personalities has made it all most interesting.

He called me one of his best mates!!!

I had written a rather lengthy reply to Br's question about our British friend in here. After some consideration though I decided it would be best shared as a PM rather than an open post that would stay up here permanently. It could drag what I consider to be more Mikey's thread than my own, way off topic. Plus it even gets into divisive politics. So I won't share it here.

So, Br...you can check your in-box. haha

I had written a rather lengthy reply to Br's question about our British friend in here. After some consideration though I decided it would be best shared as a PM rather than an open post that would stay up here permanently. It could drag what I consider to be more Mikey's thread than my own, way off topic. Plus it even gets into divisive politics. So I won't share it here.

So, Br...you can check your in-box. haha
Probably the wisest way to handle the situation. By the way, it is good to see you posting again on the forum Tampa. When Tampa is not posting here, it is like a day without sunshine. :001_smile:

E5DA9AD0-D3D2-4D47-A68A-025645DDA896.jpg

Yes , Tampa I am delighted to see you back as I had a terrible attack today myself but refused to let it deter me, besides which being in bed would not have helped.

Last edited:
Getting back to the theme of this thread, through Tampa posing the original theme question……I just came back from a walking tour of Central Harlem, with so much history and beautiful architecture and landmark places. Here are a few pics from this afternoon.

F62F802E-79FB-45DB-A65A-2915795999C4.jpg

567DB44E-60EB-42A2-82A6-36B80805464D.jpg

D5E04DD4-383A-4C25-BBF2-62E19EE60A57.jpg

8BC771E4-999F-45F5-BA80-C774D4E89AC1.jpg

BF471216-540D-46EE-A03C-0223341081A5.jpg

Nice , always great that you share. Feeling much better today I can enjoy it as well.

Thank you & I private messaged you what I wanted you to see in the sports thread.

Mike go to page 2028 near the bottom to see the video, which I just tried again & it is working. There are two wrestling gifs just above the video.

Last edited:
NYC Gay Cruising West Side Piers 1980’s

After I graduated from college in 1973, I moved out of my parent’s house and began living on my own, but I didn’t really partake in all the gay sex going on in the cruising areas around the city. I would say that I “dabbled” as my best friend growing up moved back to New York after doing his graduate work at Santa Barbara and he showed me some of the places where there was wild gay sex going on in places that the general public wasn;lt aware of.

The West Side Piers along the Hudson River in the West Village became a prime spot. I would limit my cruising time to Saturday and Sunday afternoons sunning outside or sometimes on Sunday’s at dusk I would enter the dilapidated abandoned piers to see what was going on and to sometimes fool around a bit. i love that there is now Queer Photography from that era. Here are a few examples of gay life in the 1970’s and 1980’s along the West Side Piers.

D3271D1E-3A38-4D03-9A2B-D409D92965E9.jpg

EAC35236-808E-44F6-8B29-8DACA8D4565C.jpg

62421909-F13A-4004-87CE-E288B6D88135.jpg

ABE24240-90DD-457D-A8A5-7F3727FFF4FF.jpg

145056A9-9AD7-44F8-8AFD-B8E5E42782E0.jpg

61FEC7F8-848E-4228-A1F3-A77913012615.jpg