• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Weather

It is always about the rain in these sysatems after the winds die down & usually hey reach us in the NE.

Just got home from work and got soaked. But it is only water. Supposed to rain all night but I can handle rain. lol

And now this:

Tornado Watch Issued for Nearly All of Tri-State; Region Braces for Month's Worth of Rain in a Day
A tornado watch is in effect for more than two dozen New Jersey counties until 10 p.m. while flash flood watches are in effect for virtually the entire tri-state area, including all five boroughs of New York City
Published August 30, 2021 • Updated 32 mins ago

tornado-risk-nyc-area.png

This is so typical of these Gulf systems, meanwhile in CA they are battling terrible wildfires, part of the global warming disaster that far 2 many peeps still refuse to believe!

I am waking up to news that the NYC metropolitan area from the suburbs to the city are a mess. Subway service is very limited right now. I am supposed to work today but everything is on hold due to the very severe weather last night. The good news is the rain and storm have moved on but we have to access the damage. I am fine and everything is working here, power A/C and all but getting our and about is problematic.

I had heard ( & am happy U R safe I don't live that far to your south ) that on Lawrence O'Donnell's show this AM by the way the link above explains these situations you may have to search for those subjects. As I said earlier the deluges after land fall are the main sources of damage and deaths from these storms.

Here are some images of New York City last night. Again I am safe and sound here in Brooklyn Heights, but I will need to see about going to work as the subways are still a mess.

_120362283_nyfloods.jpg

new-york-flooding-210_hpMain_20210902-012615_16x9_992.jpg

b39351f80bc688b67c00821d75da894775-ida-subway.rvertical.w330.png

Best to stay put Mike today, just be safe

Actually, I was just outside for my morning paper. Yes I am one of the old timers who actually reads a physical newspaper and it is clear and sunny. I took a few pics outside just now.

5E5F39E2-209B-487C-BBE5-26CCC1AEC0EE.jpg

2094FE12-2A88-41E1-96E8-FC8AAFE94C48.jpg

And I checked the subway website and my train is running, so I am off to finish my work week. Thank you for your concern, but the storm has passed and all’s well that ends well. Have a good day guys.

Glad U R back to U''R NORMAL (PARDON THE WORD) ROUTINE.

Yes. I'm so glad Mikey that your part of Brooklyn in your corner of the world got through Ida relatively unscathed. I'm reading that other people and places nearby were not so lucky.

As for the people of the Gulf states they won't be able to soon forget her.

Sadly it will be a long haul for them Tampa.

Sadly it will be a long haul for them Tampa.

Yes. For many their old life is gone. And that chapter, however pleasant it might have been for them, is over. Some will decide to move to other parts of the country. So for some families it will bring on a generational change. Some of course will stay put within the immediate area. But they'll always be looking over their shoulder.

As I said above, no area is wo natural problems, often made worse by us humans.

Actually, I was just outside for my morning paper. Yes I am one of the old timers who actually reads a physical newspaper and it is clear and sunny. I took a few pics outside just now.

View attachment 29934

View attachment 29935

And I checked the subway website and my train is running, so I am off to finish my work week. Thank you for your concern, but the storm has passed and all’s well that ends well. Have a good day guys.

Great tp read that your neighborhood did so well as lots of the NYC subway system did not. I did not received my usual home delivery of the New York Times this morning as flooding must have thrown a monkey wrench in their delivery system at some point.