• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Weather

Stay safe Tampa. I couldn't imagine being near the ocean for these hurricanes. I don't worry much where I'm at. Irma was the worst for us and it wasn't nothing too crazy but I live in an area that usually doesn't get hit that hard.
Great to see you back on the forum buddy. Although sorry that the latest hurricane is on track to your city…….again. You and your family are in my thoughts that no severe damage or harm comes your way.
Thanks buddy!

Stay safe Tampa. I couldn't imagine being near the ocean for these hurricanes. I don't worry much where I'm at. Irma was the worst for us and it wasn't nothing too crazy but I live in an area that usually doesn't get hit that hard.
Thanks Mark.

We'll ride this one out and see. I'm sheltering in place for this one. (If it was predicted as a Cat 5 making direct landfall here... I would've already gotten out of Dodge.) I spent all day grocery shopping from one store to the other, including the drug store, the bank and running various other errands. You gotta tie up a lot of loose ends if the roads will not be safe to travel for a few days. Sand, street debris, broken tree limbs, downed trees, downed power lines, downed traffic lights. No electricity to run the traffic lights, etc. The fact that the latest advisories shift landfall just a little farther west should help us at least a little bit in the Bay area.

Thanks Mark.

We'll ride this one out and see. I'm sheltering in place for this one. (If it was predicted as a Cat 5 making direct landfall here... I would've already gotten out of Dodge.) I spent all day grocery shopping from one store to the other, including the drug store, the bank and running various other errands. You gotta tie up a lot of loose ends if the roads will not be safe to travel for a few days. Sand, street debris, broken tree limbs, downed trees, downed power lines, downed traffic lights. No electricity to run the traffic lights, etc. The fact that the latest advisories shift landfall just a little farther west should help us at least a little bit in the Bay area.
Glad to hesr that.

Thanks Mark.

Please report back to us when you can, in case you lose power. Best of luck to you.

Thanks Mark.

Best of luck safely fending off Hurricane Idalia, all of us are thinking and rooting for you.

Best of luck safely fending off Hurricane Idalia, all of us are thinking and rooting for you.
My timeshare in Hilton Head Island, SC (just above Savannah, Georgia), is due to be hit by Idalia @ 7 P.M. tonight. I'm safely home in CT now, but I hope my time share is still there for my scheduled stay there in two weeks. It's all and hopefully successfully over for Tampa, who I hope did well.

My timeshare in Hilton Head Island, SC (just above Savannah, Georgia), is due to be hit by Idalia @ 7 P.M. tonight. I'm safely home in CT now, but I hope my time share is still there for my scheduled stay there in two weeks. It's all and hopefully successfully over for Tampa, who I hope did well.
As do I

Hey Everyone,

I did fine here also. I slept a good part of the day because I was so sleep deprived over the last two days. For us on the coast by Tampa it was a very dry storm by past standards of extremely heavy rain. There was little wind damage directly near me. The worst of it came from storm surge. At around 3 am Wednesday morning the streets outside of my building, along with the parking lot downstairs, started flooding rapidly with salt water from the ocean.

Once the hurricane was along side us and started to head farther north we got the back end of the counter-clockwisewinds that pushed in the ocean water (at its highest astronomical high tide of the year) with winds from the southwest. That pushed the Gulf of Mexico into Tampa Bay. Also it hit Pinellas County to the left (west) of Tampa where the city of St. Petersburg and other coastal cities are. Once Idalia passed farther north, then the winds pushed the ocean on to land from due west to east. So the storm surge really battered the coastline all the way up to its final landfall.

So when a hurricane hits (or just grazes) along a coastline sometimes the most damage is not done by heavy rainfall flooding, or even hurricane force winds. Sometimes it's salt water flooding from the storm surge that gets you.

Hey Everyone,

I did fine here also. I slept a good part of the day because I was so sleep deprived over the last two days. For us on the coast by Tampa it was a very dry storm by past standards of extremely heavy rain. There was little wind damage directly near me. The worst of it came from storm surge. At around 3 am Wednesday morning the streets outside of my building, along with the parking lot downstairs, started flooding rapidly with salt water from the ocean.

Once the hurricane was along side us and started to head farther north we got the back end of the counter-clockwisewinds that pushed in the ocean water (at its highest astronomical high tide of the year) with winds from the southeast. That pushed the Gulf of Mexico into Tampa Bay. Also it hit Pinellas County to the left (west) of Tampa where the city of St. Petersburg and other coastal cities are. Once Idalia passed farther north, then the winds pushed the ocean on to land from due west to east. So the storm surge really battered the coastline all the way up to its final landfall.

So when a hurricane hits (or just grazes) along a coastline sometimes the most damage is not done by heavy rainfall flooding, or even hurricane force winds. Sometimes it's salt water flooding from the storm surge that gets you.
Yes it is almost always the ocean surges that cause the disasters. People just must head the warnings to stay get away from area exposed to the ocean.

I’m glad you came out basically unscathed Tampa. But living in Florida, unfortunately there is always the possibility of another one. But for now, it is just clean up. Overall very good news my friend.

Hey Everyone,

Once the hurricane was along side us and started to head farther north we got the back end of the counter-clockwisewinds that pushed in the ocean water (at its highest astronomical high tide of the year) with winds from the southwest. That pushed the Gulf of Mexico into Tampa Bay. Also it hit Pinellas County to the left (west) of Tampa where the city of St. Petersburg and other coastal cities are. Once Idalia passed farther north, then the winds pushed the ocean on to land from due west to east. So the storm surge really battered the coastline all the way up to its final landfall.

Glad to read that you did so well. My time share on Hilton Head Island, SC, where flooding was the main threat caught a break when the hurrricane passed inland further west than forecast, resulting in no damage except for a few tree limbs to pick up. "We dodged a bullet" was how my management company put it!