• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Weather

That was last evening. They did get some play in the afternoon on open courts, I watched yesterday in the PM

There are still some places in Miss & Louisiana wo water & electricity

Yes. And we have Tropical Storm Nicholas swirling at the bottom of the Gulf of Mexico headed up the Mexico/Texas coastline.

The latest does not look good. Please keep us informed we worry about you & other members who may be affected by this storm.

I'm fine in Florida. I don't know about others along the Texas coast though.

Thanks Br. The bad news for Texas and the western Gulf coast was that Nicholas exceeded expectations and became a low end hurricane before coming ashore. We are getting rain here on the west Florida coast from the outer bands of Nicholas.

Today has been an incredibly busy day. There is SO much to do (and purchase) when you're trying to get ready for a major hurricane. I had to go to two different gas stations miles apart, because the one closest to me was out of gas. Today I've been to Home Depot, 2 grocery stores, 2 banks, 3 pharmacies, an auto shop, a restaurant for breakfast... Then I've been buying stuff for my own place, delivering stuff to my mom's place, delivering stuff to an elderly neighbor lady's place, and getting laundry done. You'd think I didn't have a broken foot with as much running around as I did. There's still a whole bunch to do inside my place in preparation. But for tomorrow I can focus on that and not be worried about getting supplies.

But I knew that as busy as I would be, that this would be the last full day where the local weather wouldn't eventually start going downhill. Many stores were running out of essentials. And the storm was still just over 2 days away. But as long as the lines were in the stores, people around me were very cheerful. Not as in being dismissive of the threat. But just that there's a sense of camaradarie right now that we're all in this together. People out in public were being especially polite and gracious.

I live in a mandatory evacuation zone. But because I don't have options of other people's places to go to, and because I live a large and very sturdy concrete and cinderblock apartment building... (17 stories) I don't plan on leaving. I certainly don't want to go to a public shelter. That would really be last resort if a Cat 5 storm was really barreling towards us.

Regardless though this could be really bad for the whole Tampa Bay region. Yes. I'm worried.

Today has been an incredibly busy day. There is SO much to do (and purchase) when you're trying to get ready for a major hurricane. I had to go to two different gas stations miles apart, because the one closest to me was out of gas. Today I've been to Home Depot, 2 grocery stores, 2 banks, 3 pharmacies, an auto shop, a restaurant for breakfast... Then I've been buying stuff for my own place, delivering stuff to my mom's place, delivering stuff to an elderly neighbor lady's place, and getting laundry done. You'd think I didn't have a broken foot with as much running around as I did. There's still a whole bunch to do inside my place in preparation. But for tomorrow I can focus on that and not be worried about getting supplies.

But I knew that as busy as I would be, that this would be the last full day where the local weather wouldn't eventually start going downhill. Many stores were running out of essentials. And the storm was still just over 2 days away. But as long as the lines were in the stores, people around me were very cheerful. Not as in being dismissive of the threat. But just that there's a sense of camaradarie right now that we're all in this together. People out in public were being especially polite and gracious.

I live in a mandatory evacuation zone. But because I don't have options of other people's places to go to, and because I live a large and very sturdy concrete and cinderblock apartment building... (17 stories) I don't plan on leaving. I certainly don't want to go to a public shelter. That would really be last resort if a Cat 5 storm was really barreling towards us.

Regardless though this could be really bad for the whole Tampa Bay region. Yes. I'm worried.

Here’s hoping it passes you by or takes a turn away from you. I sure hope you and your mom stay safe and are okay. Please keep us posted if you can.

Here’s hoping it passes you by or takes a turn away from you. I sure hope you and your mom stay safe and are okay. Please keep us posted if you can.
I fully agree with what Mike wrote, please please stay safe & keep us informed if you can Allour love my beloved friend.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate that. We may get lucky in the sense that it may hit farther south or just north of us. But either way, somebody and their loved ones are going to be in harm's way in the next 4 days.

I'm actually much closer to the ocean than I used to be. Although I've lived and worked most of my adult life in Tampa proper, I'm now living in Pinellas county, and the Gulf of Mexico is less than a mile and within walking distance of my home. So I'm even more vulnerable than some other parts of inland Tampa. I'm on the western side of the peninsula and Tampa Bay is on the eastern side.

I still go over to Tampa fairly often for doctor appointments, occasional favorite restaurants, airport runs for visiting family and so on. But anyway...they're still very much in trouble in Tampa on the bay side if the dreaded scenario of a direct hit from a northbound hurricane pushes the ocean with huge storm surge directly into the bay. Hopefully that won't coincide with high tide. Large sections of coastal Tampa could very well be sitting on the bottom of the ocean with 5-10 feet (or more) of water over it for what could feel like almost a full day. The storm is expected to slow way down and linger over the area for quite a while. Much more rain and street flooding, more damaging winds, more trees going down, more power lines going down, etc.

Oh well. I still have tons of stuff to do today and a lot of running around to do while I still can. But for us here will it will really start tomorrow afternoon and then go all the way through most of Friday. Thursday is D-day and I'm sure it's going to be a rough one.

Thank you everyone. I appreciate that. We may get lucky in the sense that it may hit farther south or just north of us. But either way, somebody and their loved ones are going to be in harm's way in the next 4 days.

I'm actually much closer to the ocean than I used to be. Although I've lived and worked most of my adult life in Tampa proper, I'm now living in Pinellas county, and the Gulf of Mexico is less than a mile and within walking distance of my home. So I'm even more vulnerable than some other parts of inland Tampa. I'm on the western side of the peninsula and Tampa Bay is on the eastern side.

I still go over to Tampa fairly often for doctor appointments, occasional favorite restaurants, airport runs for visiting family and so on. But anyway...they're still very much in trouble in Tampa on the bay side if the dreaded scenario of a direct hit from a northbound hurricane pushes the ocean with huge storm surge directly into the bay. Hopefully that won't coincide with high tide. Large sections of coastal Tampa could very well be sitting on the bottom of the ocean with 5-10 feet (or more) of water over it for what could feel like almost a full day. The storm is expected to slow way down and linger over the area for quite a while. Much more rain and street flooding, more damaging winds, more trees going down, more power lines going down, etc.

Oh well. I still have tons of stuff to do today and a lot of running around to do while I still can. But for us here will it will really start tomorrow afternoon and then go all the way through most of Friday. Thursday is D-day and I'm sure it's going to be a rough one.
You will be in my thoughts my friend as well as all your multiple Forum friends.

My hope and prayers are for you Tampa. On this morning's news I heard an updated forecast that it may hit to the south of you, which I do not know is a good or bad thing. Apparently the climate change impact of this is the increased Gulf of Mexico water temperature to 85-90 degrees which apparently ramps up the strength of the hurricane.

My hope and prayers are for you Tampa. On this morning's news I heard an updated forecast that it may hit to the south of you, which I do not know is a good or bad thing. Apparently the climate change impact of this is the increased Gulf of Mexico water temperature to 85-90 degrees which apparently ramps up the strength of the hurricane.
Yes, KG, that is right as warmer temperatures mean more energy which is translated into more storms, stronger winds and more rain & of courdse higer waves & larger surges.

Stay safe! Keep in touch if you can.