• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hope i can Ask this, Been a while

DusRox

Reaction score
hey,
i hope i can ask this, it's been a while, i last dated a guy and a girl in 2005, i want to know what in the dating world has changed if at all, i found a guy i like alot, well we just met online on adam4adam.com- i'm sure some or most of you have heard of it, so how long should we talke online and on the phone before we meet? how long should we remain friends til we go further??
what are Do's and Don't's for a date??

Need as much advice as you can give me..

Dustin/DusRox

hey,
i hope i can ask this, it's been a while, i last dated a guy and a girl in 2005, i want to know what in the dating world has changed if at all, i found a guy i like alot, well we just met online on adam4adam.com- i'm sure some or most of you have heard of it, so how long should we talke online and on the phone before we meet? how long should we remain friends til we go further??
what are Do's and Don't's for a date??

Need as much advice as you can give me..

Dustin/DusRox

It really is a question of "How long is a piece of string?"
Only the two of you will know when the time is right to all the questions you have asked.

PS You certainly can ask the question

Dustin - You seem to be starting off a lot of threads since you joined. Not a problem but they're mostly asking for advice. Instead of swamping the forum with one off questions why don't you put all your questions on one thread - then you or we won't get lost and the Broke Straight Boys servers won't blow up. :wink:

You'll know when to choose a place and time to get a look at him in the round, if you haven't already exchanged photos or skyped. More accurately, you'll know as chat continues when it's time NOT to set up a rendezvous at all: which is usually. I think people mostly need to happen upon each other by accident, in real life, serendipitously. The pesky high expectations for love and sex that are set up by two lonely hearts on the internet most often swamp any good impressions when you meet.

I've had amazing luck by turning down 95% of "wanna meet for a coffee sometime this week?" gaydarites or manjammers. I can say that almost all the people I've actually met in the flesh have ended up being really good friends.

Go see

I have met three partners either through the paper (old days) or online. I know, serial monogamy, but this last one has stuck. The first was 3 years, the second was 10 and this one is going on 8. If this one doesn't work, I'll get a rocking chair and a parrot and live out a life of quiet desperation! I'm too old to put out the effort a new lover takes. But I digress.
The answer to your question is: Put as little time into online chat and phone calls as you can. Get just enough specific information to make sure they have a job, like whatever type of pet you have, don't hate their mother and they aren't a serial killer. Then meet them for coffee or a drink someplace public. DO NOT make dinner plans. If he's a cull, you don't want to be stuck having an hour long dinner with him. DO tell him that you have to meet friends in an hour (if you like him you can always call a friend who then "cancels"). The basis for this is the fact that within the first 10 minutes (and there are studies that insist it's the first 15 seconds) you will know if there's a snowballs chance in hell. I called this endeavor "go see's". Don't piss away time and energy partially engaging online or on the phone. GO SEE.

some guys are just interested in sex and expact it the first time unless the meeting is in a public place. I have some people I met and meet just for sex others are just friends to be together and share experiences. Just be yourself and do what comes naturally.

Questions....

Jon, (respecting that is your opinion), however, have you thought that MAYBE he IS asking us, his'friends' for advice? I do not recall anywhere where it says a LIMIT on the # of threads one can have. As well, all you need to do, if his post does not appeal to you, is 'move to the next one'.

Dustin, bud, I don't mind your posts, go ahead and keep posting, whatever you would like to!

Dustin - You seem to be starting off a lot of threads since you joined. Not a problem but they're mostly asking for advice. Instead of swamping the forum with one off questions why don't you put all your questions on one thread - then you or we won't get lost and the Broke Straight Boys servers won't blow up. :wink:

Jon, (respecting that is your opinion), however, have you thought that MAYBE he IS asking us, his'friends' for advice? I do not recall anywhere where it says a LIMIT on the # of threads one can have. As well, all you need to do, if his post does not appeal to you, is 'move to the next one'.

Dustin, bud, I don't mind your posts, go ahead and keep posting, whatever you would like to!

Thank You- and i will.. :)

some guys are just interested in sex and expact it the first time unless the meeting is in a public place. I have some people I met and meet just for sex others are just friends to be together and share experiences. Just be yourself and do what comes naturally.

Thanks for the advice- i will- i agree with u about the sex on the 1st meeting unfortunatly..it is an aweful truth.. i wish it wasn't so..