• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What I like so much about BSB!

The term "butterfly effect" itself is related to the work of Edward Lorenz, and is based in Chaos Theory and sensitive dependence on initial conditions, first described in the literature by Jacques Hadamard in 1890[1] and popularized by Pierre Duhem's 1906 book. The idea that one butterfly could eventually have a far-reaching ripple effect on subsequent historic events seems first to have appeared in a 1952 short story by Ray Bradbury about time travel.

There's some discussion about who coined the phrase apparently. Bradbury, who knew the work of the chaos theorists, got the idea from them for sure, but used it creatively in his science fiction short story.

One thing is for certain: literature affects science just as science influences literature. Arthur C. Clarke comes up with the theory of communication satellites in geosynchronous orbits. Works by 18th and 19th century scientists to reanimate dead matter, including using electricity to cause muscles to contract in dead tissues, inspires Mary Shelley to write Frankenstein. Hyram Rickover names the first nuclear submarine the Nautilus after the craft in Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea. Above ground nuclear tests in the South Pacific and Nevada in the 1950s and '60s become the cause for all kinds of monsters in Japanese and American B-grade sci-fi movies.

1701: error running program

What value are you actually giving y in the equation?

Clay is Matthew, but who is Erik? Do you mean Erik Bod?

A very good Easter evening to you Robert and a huge hug.

For where Clay = Matthew .and. Mark = Erik
?syntax error :bored:

The actual value I'm giving y, is the square-root of the total # videos published.

XXX

PS. Spend all night in the Broke Straight Boys bar with Smiley and Ms. K.

Last edited:
Oh, so it's MY fault. :001_rolleyes:

drink.gif

EPIC FAIL !

4.jpg

Thanks for taking the blame Smiley so graciously, and Ms. K. :001_wub: for standing by me.

With friends like you one and one adds up to three. I can feel the positive vibes flowing in this thread. :001_tt1:

PS: Next Saturday evening there's a Karaoke gig in the 'General Chat Forum'. Bring your favorite Youtube songs! Everybody is welcome...

Today is a day of giggles for me, I guess.

I revisited Eric and Ross. When Ross takes the belt and Drops it on the floor, and Eric says, "Oh no, we are going to be needing that.":lol::lol::lol:

Thanks. :bored:

Now I must watch that video or won't be able to sleep tonight.

Some straight guys giggled after I'd whispered my fantasy's in their ear. And yet they came back for more...

If you want me to... I'll take of my belt for you right now. :boobies:

Thanks.

Now I must watch that video or won't be able to sleep tonight.

Some straight guys giggled after I'd whispered my fantasy's in their ear. And yet they came back for more...

If you want me to... I'll take of my belt for you right now. :boobies:

Does that mean that anytime we post about a video, you have to watch it?
:sneaky2::scared::lol:

Can't miss out can I?

If the post makes me curious... you know that I'm nosy! :bored: