• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Pissed off & impatient members-Changes on BSB

It's very simple. The answer is: there were dozens and dozens of members who felt that those few devisive members were being allowed to drive away, tear down, push, shove, scream, yell, be rude, and, as they are still doing, talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and say the same things over and over and over and over until the rest of the forum was going stark raving mad. If management had not made the blanket statement and had, instead, sent each of you four, five, or six a private PM, the rest of us would not have known the problem had been solved. Besides, if the PUBLIC STATEMENT had absolutely no effect, why would the PRIVATE PM. You guys just don't give up.

Did you hear the one about the Helen Keller doll? You wind it up and it walks into walls. Did you hear about the Mikejonjason doll? You wind it up and it screams and screams and screams? We can only hope by March 31 your batteries run down. It's "Wah-wah" Helen.
I am totally confused here. All that I have said on this thread is that I see nothing wrong with members of the site to use the forum to complain if they are unhappy with the product that we are paying for. I thought that was the purpose of an open forum was to post our thoughts on what transpires on the site. Please explain how any of my posts or any other comments by other members on this thread can be characterized as:

"those few divisive members were being allowed to drive away, tear down, push, shove, scream, yell, be rude"

Where is the tearing, pushing, shoving, screaming, and rudeness on this thread?

Perhaps it is you Rifle, who is the one guilty of :

"talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and say the same things over and over and over and over until the rest of the forum was going stark raving mad."

Look in the mirror, Rifle. And also take a good whiff in your kitchen. Perhaps the stench of the rotten apple is emanating from your own property.

My only comments for this thread would be to quote what I had written under part three of visiting David and the Studio:

"I'll closed this series of reports by saying having met David he truly is a real down to earth person who takes incredible pride in what he and his company are doing. It is because of that, that sometimes he takes some of our comments personally and he responds back. We all need to feel comfortable to share our concerns good, bad and in-different, but do so without getting mean or nasty, but with some constructive criticism. I have share my thoughts both in person, in private e-mails and by phone as well as via this media.

We can and have made a difference, but change, doesn't happen by snapping our fingers nor overnight. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, GO BACK TO THE EARLY EPISODES AND THEN LOOK AT THE CURRENT ONES."

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid (the first forumite to make it to the futon).

My only comments for this thread would be to quote what I had written under part three of visiting David and the Studio:

"I'll closed this series of reports by saying having met David he truly is a real down to earth person who takes incredible pride in what he and his company are doing. It is because of that, that sometimes he takes some of our comments personally and he responds back. We all need to feel comfortable to share our concerns good, bad and in-different, but do so without getting mean or nasty, but with some constructive criticism. I have share my thoughts both in person, in private e-mails and by phone as well as via this media.

We can and have made a difference, but change, doesn't happen by snapping our fingers nor overnight. IF YOU DON'T THINK SO, GO BACK TO THE EARLY EPISODES AND THEN LOOK AT THE CURRENT ONES."

Live Long and Prosper,

Vicekid (the first forumite to make it to the futon).
I hope that David realizes that I hold him in my highest regard and have often called David the true star of Broke Straight Boys, as his voice and personality appear in 99.9% of the episodes. Without David directing the scenes in his own unique way, we would not have the product that we have and enjoy so much.

I love David and his site, including the open forum in which he and Mark allow us to voice our opinions. Thank you for doing what you do, Broke Straight Boys:thumbup1:

Well, yeah, but they're not being divisive for divisive's sake. I remember at university on any Spring keg night out on the deck, that it would be the really amazing dancers who would start off, and sometimes attract a little crowd for a minute while they made their best moves. Especially if they were dating the prettiest Tri Delt from next door.

The boys you mention write awfully well, and are redolent with common sense and a fair degree of profundity in their thought. They're out there because they express themselves with a certain precision. To my mind they are really only divisive when someone like me takes unusual exception to the way they say something, or their right to say it, in which case they become divisive back. Since they aren't, properly speaking, boring they probably take exception to being called boring as well, which is sort of divisive on their part if you like.

The sniping seems to be going on between and among the guys who can turn a phrase. Some of you more than others use rhetorical devices, repetition within a sentence is one of them, to nail the member of the opposite team, and that makes you great to read. I love it when you guys go at it, it's cool when you tear your hair and lament how a little coterie of skinhead hooligans is ruining society. On the other hand I dread to think how benign this tea dance would be if we didn't have some roughage going through our system from time to time.

:lol::lol:Laughing my ass off!!!:lol::lol:

to paraphrase the great Slim Pickens, "Golly Mr. Slim, you use your tongue prettier than a $20 whore!"

Thanks Slim, for starting my day off with a good laugh!

It's very simple. The answer is: there were dozens and dozens of members who felt that those few devisive members were being allowed to drive away, tear down, push, shove, scream, yell, be rude, and, as they are still doing, talk and talk and talk and talk and talk and say the same things over and over and over and over until the rest of the forum was going stark raving mad. (Apparently, you are privy to information the rest of us aren't allowed to see, or perhaps there is a thread on an alternate universe where some go to post) If management had not made the blanket statement and had, instead, sent each of you four, five, or six a private PM, the rest of us would not have known the problem had been solved. Besides, if the PUBLIC STATEMENT had absolutely no effect, why would the PRIVATE PM. You guys just don't give up.

Did you hear the one about the Helen Keller doll? You wind it up and it walks into walls. Did you hear about the Mikejonjason doll? You wind it up and it screams and screams and screams? We can only hope by March 31 your batteries run down. It's "Wah-wah" Helen.

We're busted!!
Well Mike and Jon, it seems the 3 Amigos will ride no more.
We have been called out and identified by the Great and Powerul Rifle, I mean Aquarius, Chief of the PC Police. The cuffs have been placed on our wrists, and the shackles around our ankles. The sentence: From this day forth, you shall quietly submit any and all thoughts, in writing to Aquarius, to be reviewed and edited if necessary, prior to being posted on the forum.
NOT!
And you wonder why more members don't post on the forum. Why would they when they see and read how anyone with an independent thought is quickly pounced upon by the PC Police, and even management at times.
But guys, don't be afraid to get involved and post. You are safe to speak your mind here as long as you follow a few simple rules.
1) You can say anything you want as long as everyone else is saying it too.
2) If what you say is disagreeable to the majority, change your position
3) Never, ever say anything aganist management
4) When in doubt, run it by Aquarius first, he'll decide if it's okay to post, thereby saving you from any embarassment or ridicule.

Did you hear about the New Aquarius Vampire Doll? You wind it up and it can't see itself in the mirror.

So now let me offer a solution to those that think they need more material to look at. If you are not a member of BCB I believe Mark is still offering the reduced membership fee.
Sincerely

No disrespect intended, but I'm not sure if I understand the logic here. "If you don't like what you're getting from XYZ Company, go out and buy another one of their products!"

This next part isn't directed toward Denny exclusively -

The issue that I currently have with the forum politics is the same issue that I have with American politics. You find someone to back, and then you're "loyal" to them unconditionally. What you fail to realize, though, is that the loyalty should be applied to your beliefs and expectations, not to the person that represents them at some point.

There is nothing wrong with analyzing each situation and making an independent conclusion that's appropriate for the issue at hand. In fact, I highly encourage it. As it is now, I'm fairly certain that David could piss on your heads and convince some of you that it's raining. That's not a blow at David's character. It's a blow at people's blind, unconditional ass kissing and support thereof.

Saying this will probably ruffle some feathers, but please know that it's not intended to be a personal attack... just a wake up call.

Obviously, gentlemen, for people who hold the management in such high esteem, you seem to enjoy holding it over the coals. I would suggest Slimjonjasonmikeihatearizetcetcetc that you swallow your tongues along with your pride and stop patting yourselves over the back long enough to realize nobody else worth mentioning is following the band of lemmings over the cliff into the raging sea. In fact, since you began your latest series of complaints the forum has found itself locked up (to quote the immortal Blanche on "Golden Girls) "tighter than a girdle on a Baptist minister's wife at an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast." Now take out your earplugs, clean the wax out of your ear canals, and those of you who have your heads up your asses withdraw them please, and those of you who have your heads up each other's asses withdraw them please - for just one short moment - long enough to hear me say: nobody is questioning your right to say anything to anyone. It's just we've all heard it. What would be really nice is - if you like this place as much as you claim - wait until March 31 -

And Slim, I'd call Jason's head roughage enough for anybody's system - even yours. And, Jason, don't be so quick to laugh your ass off, you have no idea who might be in there. Clean the shit out of your ears guys. This arguments still not about what you can say, it's about how many times you say it. That's rhetorical repetition of the repulsive kind, Slim.

Obviously, gentlemen, for people who hold the management in such high esteem, you seem to enjoy holding it over the coals. I would suggest Slimjonjasonmikeihatearizetcetcetc that you swallow your tongues along with your pride and stop patting yourselves over the back long enough to realize nobody else worth mentioning is following the band of lemmings over the cliff into the raging sea. In fact, since you began your latest series of complaints the forum has found itself locked up (to quote the immortal Blanche on "Golden Girls) "tighter than a girdle on a Baptist minister's wife at an all-you-can-eat pancake breakfast." Now take out your earplugs, clean the wax out of your ear canals, and those of you who have your heads up your asses withdraw them please, and those of you who have your heads up each other's asses withdraw them please - for just one short moment - long enough to hear me say: nobody is questioning your right to say anything to anyone. It's just we've all heard it. What would be really nice is - if you like this place as much as you claim - wait until March 31 -

And Slim, I'd call Jason's head roughage enough for anybody's system - even yours. And, Jason, don't be so quick to laugh your ass off, you have no idea who might be in there. Clean the shit out of your ears guys. This arguments still not about what you can say, it's about how many times you say it. That's rhetorical repetition of the repulsive kind, Slim.

Excuse me, but I've clarified multiple times that I'm not even complaining about the content of the site. I've posted a few times in conjunction with posts that David has made which lacked professionalism. That is my issue with the current state of the forum.

It's not the complaints that have this forum locked up. It's the lack of anything else worth talking about. I believe it was Jon that said that the lack of conversation about the most recent updates is a true testament to their quality. I agree wholeheartedly from a conceptual standpoint (I haven't even watched them myself and can't verify anything about their actual quality.)

And how the hell do YOU decide who is and is not worth mentioning? So many people have brought up that the people bitching don't pay any more than the people not bitching, so why would any one forum member be any more or less valuable than the next?

The "wait until March 31st to bitch" ideology is flawed, if for no other reason than the fact that our monthly billings have not been suspended until March 31st. If that were the case, you'd be correct to think that we didn't have the right to bitch until the changes took place and our billings were reinstated.

Swallowing your tongue is never a solution. Silence is acceptance. Think about all the evil in this world that was enabled by the fact that nobody had the balls to publicly stand up against it.

Your rhetoric is cute and all, but it'd be even cuter if you accumulated the observational skills of a twelve-year-old before you ran your mouth.

And how many times are you going to say that Aquarius, Between the Fire Island thread and this one I've counted 8 so far.

P.S.
Just an FYI, if you have a spare 45 minutes, read Dave's post again, this thread is about what you can or cannot say, you put your own spin on it.

Excuse me, but I've clarified multiple times that I'm not even complaining about the content of the site. I've posted a few times in conjunction with posts that David has made which lacked professionalism. That is my issue with the current state of the forum.

It's not the complaints that have this forum locked up. It's the lack of anything else worth talking about. I believe it was Jon that said that the lack of conversation about the most recent updates is a true testament to their quality. I agree wholeheartedly from a conceptual standpoint (I haven't even watched them myself and can't verify anything about their actual quality.)

And how the hell do YOU decide who is and is not worth mentioning? So many people have brought up that the people bitching don't pay any more than the people not bitching, so why would any one forum member be any more or less valuable than the next?

The "wait until March 31st to bitch" ideology is flawed, if for no other reason than the fact that our monthly billings have not been suspended until March 31st. If that were the case, you'd be correct to think that we didn't have the right to bitch until the changes took place and our billings were reinstated.

Swallowing your tongue is never a solution. Silence is acceptance. Think about all the evil in this world that was enabled by the fact that nobody had the balls to publicly stand up against it.

Your rhetoric is cute and all, but it'd be even cuter if you accumulated the observational skills of a twelve-year-old before you ran your mouth.

SLAM!! I love it!!
I may not always agree with you IHA, but I'm with you all the way on this one. And I totally respect that you always hold true to your positon, and never waiver - J

The issue that I currently have with the forum politics is the same issue that I have with American politics. You find someone to back, and then you're "loyal" to them unconditionally. What you fail to realize, though, is that the loyalty should be applied to your beliefs and expectations, not to the person that represents them at some point.

There is nothing wrong with analyzing each situation and making an independent conclusion that's appropriate for the issue at hand. In fact, I highly encourage it.

I think this is one one of my favorites of your posts so far Ariz. This is exactly what is wrong with our bipartisan system in American politics right now. That being that ideology must trump common sense and reason. And that everyone reflexively knows which stand to take before listening to any of the facts. It creates an adversarial environment where every argument is seen as a zero sum game. It's not enough to have win over your opponents. You must crush them decisively and in a humiliating fashion. We see how well that works in Washington.

Ah, dear Tampa, you are so right. Our bipartisan system is totally out of whack and one of the wackiest stumbling blocks we have going is the old bait and switch tactic put in place a while back when you took what the election was about and substituted something else to rally the troups and swing the votes - you know, like forget the economy, the state of the world, the health care system - let's focus on gay marriage and DOMA and whatever else those nasty liberals want to achieve. And suddenly all you have to say is 'liberal' and 'gay' and 'no' and you're in Washington. It took years to prove they were wrong and now, they're at it again. And every gay person in America is feeling the pinch.

The biggest problem occurs when we take their bait and allow them to change the subject. They cry foul and unfair and whimper and moan. The swear they never said that 'In this thread' and that this whole thing is about 'political correctness' (even though that phrase is neither evil nor anything near the topic and if this were Washington and the hearings for DADT it might be a handy phrase to know and use) and that I've spoken eight times in this thread alone. Not daring to mention that sometimes I spoke to and about others and when I did speak with them it was, yet again, to remind them that we had all heard them say before what they were saying.

You see, Tampa, I'm not trying to win any argument. They've already won that. They won it days ago when management gave them permission to voice their complaints. They voiced them. What I want to know is why they're still voicing the same complaints? Management has stated its case. They have stated theirs That's your "zero sum game." Shouldn't they be in the showers now cooling off, so the rest of us can be talking about other things?

Tell you what, I know they'll claim that I'm what's stirring them up because I keep asking them to let the air clear. To let it rest till the big day. If that's it, if what they want is the last word, please be advised that would be wonderful, to hear the last word. . .

I will hearby proclaim this to be my last word on the subject until March 31, if we may hear your last word on this subject til same. I'm giving you the last word - pray heaven it's all you want cause this caracass is really old now.

Attachments

• 4-28-Dead-Horse.jpg
    4-28-Dead-Horse.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 30
First off..I'm not going to apologies because there is no need to apologies...I stated in a post on this thread that my post was not to insult other members or argue..did anyone read that post? I'm simply in a long winded way telling our members to please be patient.

I'm sorry guys if some of you feel insulted by my original post, but we are not your personal verbal punching bag and I'm just pointing out the facts on how I see things....I'm entitled to my opinion too. Just like when you guys like to make your point..I'm just sharing certain points that I think that needed to be cleared up.

I don't have a formal college education, I don't have a PHD and I don't know how to write as eliquetally as many members on this site do.
My grammer and spelling is awful and I'm the type of person that tells it like it is. I'm very blunt with people and perhaps that is a character flaw. At times when writing emails, or writing in general I can be very "matter of factly" so to that I do apologies.

In another thread I asked members which models they like to see again as we enter into HD with the new models and some of the older repeat models (NO CJ), so within this thread I will ask you guys and girls, what changes would you like to see happen to this site as we enter into HD?

-David

Last edited:
First off..I'm not going to apologies because there is no need to apologies...I stated in a post on this thread that my post was not to insult other members or argue..did anyone read that post? I'm simply in a long winded way telling our members to please be patient.

I'm sorry guys if some of you feel insulted by my original post, but we are not your personal verbal punching bag and I'm just pointing out the facts on how I see things....I'm entitled to my opinion too. Just like when you guys like to make your point..I'm just sharing certain points that I think that needed to be cleared up.

I don't have a formal college education, I don't have a PHD and I don't know how to write as eliquetally as many members on this site do.
My grammer and spelling is awful and I'm the type of person that tells it like it is. I'm very blunt with people and perhaps that is a character flaw. At times when writing emails, or writing in general I can be very "matter of factly" so to that I do apologies.

In another thread I asked members which models they like to see again as we enter into HD with the new models and some of the older repeat models (NO CJ), so within this thread I will ask you guys and girls, what changes would you like to see happen to this site as we enter into HD?

-David

Now that was a concise, articulate and well thought out post David.
Don't ever underestimate yourself or your ability to communicate to or with us. Had this post started this thread, it would have taken a whole different direction. Amazing how simple words, strung together, can give one so much power over another.

But it was a fun ride was'nt it? Between this and the NCAA's, it's been a good, enjoyable long weekend. - Jason :biggrin::tongue_smilie::wink:

Aquarius, you have done what you intended to do when you reappeared under you new name (chicken) and totally and utterly confused everyone, whatever side of the fence they sit. You go on about people repeating themselves but all you have done from your first post is repeat yourself. Your attempt of disruption and causing arguments amongst other members has atually had the opposite effect and strengthened their friendship. The only person who is out on a limb is your poor old sad self.

But it was a fun ride was'nt it? Between this and the NCAA's, it's been a good, enjoyable long weekend. - Jason :biggrin::tongue_smilie::wink:
It's been a great NCAA tournament so far, with the Cornell's, St Mary's, and Washington all advancing to the Sweet 16, it has been full of surprises. And my team Duke, returns to the Sweet 16 this year too. I became a Duke fan when they had the extremely handsome Christian Laetnner and sexy Bobby Hurley on the team, and I've remained a passionate fan ever since.

And I love it when the forum has an interesting back and forth debate going on. As Slim said earlier today about the forum, "I dread to think how benign this tea dance would be if we didn't have some roughage going through our system from time to time". I agree.:thumbup:

I know something I would like to see is a search enigine by model name or content even. (I have still never been able to access the spreadsheet) Is that something that could happen when you revamp the website? I would also really like the ability to change my rating on a video. Sometimes in the heat of the moment I under score or over score a shoot. Those are little things. I am not complaining and will enjoy the site just as you make it available regardless. Thanks.

I agree with everyone else for the most part, and I DEFINITELY agree about not wanting to see models that I've seen thousands of times before on hundreds of other sites. My frustration has developed I guess over a couple issues, mainly the boring scenes and the constant use of a few models (I won't mention their names, but some of these guys I have seen literally hundreds of times before at MANY other paysites).

If you keep bringing in new guys that I haven't seen before, and lay off on the jacking off scenes that don't involve any sex, I will never complain.

But, after all, while I agree that if we don't like it we can cancel our membership and cancel we will, the scenes are after all a product that is being sold to the general public for consumption. If we don't like the product, just like ANY consumer, we will switch to a different brand.

Hopefully with the new scenes coming out pretty soon, the boring-ness of the scenes lately will just be a passing memory that hopefully will be forgotten very soon.

But David, while I totally agree with you that some of the models won't do certain things, it's not rocket science for them to figure out: the more they do, the more their ratings will go sky high. And the more they will be in demand, and the more $$$ they will make -- and at the end of the day, that's the whole idea...right? Both as a business model, and the very concept of the site.

So they'll suck a guy's cock, but won't kiss. They're only costing themselves money in the long run. <shrug>

I guess to each his own, but if I had the choice of making a little money on the side, or BIG BUCKS -- albeit for a temporary time in their life -- the choice is theirs to make I guess.

But honestly, watching one of these guys who I've already seen getting fucked 100 different ways to Sunday on 20 other paysites, then coming back on to Broke Straight Boys yet again is the epitome of boring in my opinion.

Even though there are probably some members here who *only* belong to Broke Straight Boys so are possibly oblivious to just how many other paysites some of these guys have been doing scenes on over the years, I am not one of them.

I usually keep my mouth shut when I see "model X" in yet another scene on Broke Straight Boys, and hopefully this will stop once the HD content starts making it onto the site.

I also agree with what you're saying David about College Dudes, they'll do anything (although when I've been a member there 3 times now, they never did do any bareback). I can honestly say that Broke Straight Boys is probably 5 times hotter than BCB, because in my opinion most of the guys on BCB are very unattractive IMHO.

So there is a fine line, they must be hot, but they also must do enough with another guy for it to be at all exciting and hot.

For the most part, Broke Straight Boys has been truly hot at different times throughout its tenure, and I'm sure that over the last several months, the dry spell of hottness was mainly because of all the upcoming changes that have been in preparation for some time now.

I look forward to seeing the much needed drastic improvements, and I have my fingers crossed that I will be very pleasantly rewarded by rarely complaining at all to anyone about my disappointment in the site lately.

Abe

I agree with everyone else for the most part, and I DEFINITELY agree about not wanting to see models that I've seen thousands of times before on hundreds of other sites. My frustration has developed I guess over a couple issues, mainly the boring scenes and the constant use of a few models (I won't mention their names, but some of these guys I have seen literally hundreds of times before at MANY other paysites).

If you keep bringing in new guys that I haven't seen before, and lay off on the jacking off scenes that don't involve any sex, I will never complain.

But, after all, while I agree that if we don't like it we can cancel our membership and cancel we will, the scenes are after all a product that is being sold to the general public for consumption. If we don't like the product, just like ANY consumer, we will switch to a different brand.

Hopefully with the new scenes coming out pretty soon, the boring-ness of the scenes lately will just be a passing memory that hopefully will be forgotten very soon.

But David, while I totally agree with you that some of the models won't do certain things, it's not rocket science for them to figure out: the more they do, the more their ratings will go sky high. And the more they will be in demand, and the more $$$ they will make -- and at the end of the day, that's the whole idea...right? Both as a business model, and the very concept of the site.

So they'll suck a guy's cock, but won't kiss. They're only costing themselves money in the long run. <shrug>

I guess to each his own, but if I had the choice of making a little money on the side, or BIG BUCKS -- albeit for a temporary time in their life -- the choice is theirs to make I guess.

But honestly, watching one of these guys who I've already seen getting fucked 100 different ways to Sunday on 20 other paysites, then coming back on to Broke Straight Boys yet again is the epitome of boring in my opinion.

Even though there are probably some members here who *only* belong to Broke Straight Boys so are possibly oblivious to just how many other paysites some of these guys have been doing scenes on over the years, I am not one of them.

I usually keep my mouth shut when I see "model X" in yet another scene on Broke Straight Boys, and hopefully this will stop once the HD content starts making it onto the site.

I also agree with what you're saying David about College Dudes, they'll do anything (although when I've been a member there 3 times now, they never did do any bareback). I can honestly say that Broke Straight Boys is probably 5 times hotter than BCB, because in my opinion most of the guys on BCB are very unattractive IMHO.

So there is a fine line, they must be hot, but they also must do enough with another guy for it to be at all exciting and hot.

For the most part, Broke Straight Boys has been truly hot at different times throughout its tenure, and I'm sure that over the last several months, the dry spell of hottness was mainly because of all the upcoming changes that have been in preparation for some time now.

I look forward to seeing the much needed drastic improvements, and I have my fingers crossed that I will be very pleasantly rewarded by rarely complaining at all to anyone about my disappointment in the site lately.

Abe

i agree bush, i agree.....

who wants to do shots with me?

just kidding. im not quite sure what youre talking about. speak english