• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Stimpy re: Inclusion of gay models/What I learned from Jason!

Ambivalent

BSB Addict
Reaction score
Hey, guys,

I thought Jon made a really good suggestion, when he said that Stimpy's comments (in Mick's solo thread) about the inclusion of gay models, deserved their OWN thread. So, I thought I would start one. *Blushing*. (I am sort of over-talkative, I know. . . )

In posting this, I am certainly not meaning to piss anyone off, or cause any angst! I am sure that I can guess what some of the responses will be. . . and I don't think there is a hard-and-fast (pun intended!) right-or-wrong answer to this question.

This is, after all, Broke Straight Boys, so it stands to reason that a lot of the members (maybe most of them) sign up because they are totally into the "straight guy aesthetic", and fantasy. (I'm not averse to it, myself - LOL!) When it comes to that, I guess the kind of straight model I like most is the sort of cool, open-minded straight guy we've been treated to often, here - like Paul and Blake and Adam and Johnny - who maybe experience a little trepidation at the start, but are open-minded enough to kind of "ride the wave" and learn to have fun with it. And who really like their gay fans, as well.

I.e., though I am pretty OLD, indeed, I am not old enough that I was ever treated with hostility by any of my hot straight crushes in high school or university - all my straight crushes were actually really NICE to me, in fact! (Or maybe I was just LUCKY???) Though I DO get how some of us HAVE been treated with hostility or anger by guys we had super crushes on in school, or elsewhere - and I totally get how someone could eroticize that experience ~ and straight guys who are EXTREMELY resistant to gay people, let alone gay sex ~ because that was, for some of us (though not for me) our predominant EXPERIENCE of some of the hottest men we knew. . . .

Anyway, when it comes to straight guys, I prefer MINE to be cool, friendly, and appreciative of friendship and fun (guys you could go have drinks with - even lots of drinks! - and TELL them they're cute, without their PUNCHING your lights out) ~ even if they're a little PUZZLED by what all your FUSS over them is about - because they're really focussed on the GIRL at the next table! LOL!

(Again, I have been damned lucky, in life, because I have had a number of straight friends who are beautiful, understanding, and totally cool with the fact that I had huge crushes on them. They never minded if I told them so, gave them a hug, or wrote them a poem - how gay is THAT? They were totally open to friendship and fun, going to dinner, going to concerts, and all kinds of great stuff like that. . . and, even though their eyes and desires were just for girls, they were actually kind of flattered that I found them so beautiful - - - I like to think I helped give a couple of the shyer ones the COURAGE to CHASE the girls of their dreams! And I am invariably friends with their wives and lady-loves, to this day. . . Godfather to several of their children, as well!)

Unlike Stimpy, I guess (if I am not misreading or being unfair to him) I have so many awesome (and HOT) straight friends, I NEVER get tired of hearing all about all their girl-troubles: because, God knows, my straight friends have been endlessly understanding and great listeners to ME, about my GUY-troubles, over the years. (And, as you have all gathered, ANY friend of mine has GOTTA be a great listener ~ I TALK so damned much! LOL! *Blushing, AGAIN.) To me, a human is a human is a human, and, at the end of the day, we ALL need love AND sex and to be listened-to and APPRECIATED, and if a straight friend honours me by wanting to sit down and talk about his girl-troubles, I feel privileged, and I am always delighted to listen.

At the very SAME time, like Stimpy (I think) - I didn't sign up to Broke Straight Boys (despite the clear name and intention of the site) to enjoy solely straight guys. (And this is with lots of respect to those who DID, and STILL DO, who are likely the majority, I suppose.) I signed up to enjoy CUTE and HOT guys, of whatever sexual ilk! (And yes, I am just that SHALLOW!!! LOL!!!) And, secondarily, to chat with GREAT GUYS - and GIRLS!, with interesting things to share, no matter what their sexuality. . . because this is always a tremendous pleasure :)

I do agree with Stimpy that Broke Straight Boys has had some awesome and amazing gay models over the years - like Anthony's cute cousin, Mikey - who have turned in sexy and AMAZING performances, and who have been great contributors to the board as well! (Not to mention, their particular experience and feelings have made for some really interesting and fun interactions in the shoots, to boot ;-)

When it comes to recruiting, I don't really believe in quotas or schedules of any kind (not that I am characterizing Stimpy's suggestion, as either of these things, because I don't believe it was meant that way) - I am more a kind of "Let the best man win!", kind of guy ;-) BUT - if a cute and hot model with a super personality and charisma applies to work at Broke Straight Boys, I DO think it is cool and a great idea that he BE recruited - whether he is straight, gay, bisexual, or pansexual, like my Broke Straight Boys/College Dudes idol, JASON.

(And I think JASON has the coolest approach to human emotional and sexual interaction I have ever observed, or heard anyone speak about, so far as I can remember. As gay as I am, I am not that divinely flexible, but I think - what an amazing ideal! To, in some way, be able to respond to every individual, across the spectrum, just AS the individual he or she truly IS -'tis a consummation devoutly to be wished!)

While recognizing that this is a site primarily, thematically, and ALWAYS dedicated to the appreciation of cute straight guys, I think recruiting great models who are gay or bi or pansexual, when they have the qualities that appeal to members, and INSPIRE members. . . kind of enriches the whole experience!

That is my take on the interesting question that Stimpy raised.

Hugs,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

I'd agree with u totally
But i would like to out it this way,
Its nice to have varieties,
and this site optimize in that, which is refreshing from time to time.
I Like What Sir winston Churchill said:
"To improve is to change, To be perfect is to change often.
And it is rather interesting how mankind loves change, tho some may fear it.

Good thread Ambi! Totally agree with your short book lol As long as mikey's and my type are still here and new ones like (Mick) keep coming I don't really care who else shows up.:smiley-sex022:

Good thread Ambi! Totally agree with your short book lol As long as mikey's and my type are still here and new ones like (Mick) keep coming I don't really care who else shows up.:smiley-sex022:
Thanks Peter my friend, for recognizing our similar taste for the straights, hence our being members of broke STRAIGHT boys, but I agree with you that it is good for Mark to include ALL types to appease our fellow forumites. We all have our own types and as long as we get our share, (including our newbie Mick), it is ALL GOOD! :thumbup:

The truth of this is as follows...

Dear Ambivalent,

I am indeed flattered to be mentioned in your commentary and certainly I am not ambivalent about it. By the way I love your "screen name". It says so much about the day to day coping skills I developed over the years, trying to live a discrete parallel life to avoid being outed, existing in that nether region just below the radar! But I have to ask myself what could have been said of me that was basically more honest?

As I am on the eve of my 65th birthday, the fact is that all the guys I have ever fantasized over or been involved with sexually, were decidedly masculine and overwhelmingly heterosexual beyond reproach. What they were willing to do with me was very limited, often demeaning to me personally, and not particularly satisfying to me.

What I said about openly gay models was precisely because I have a deficit in my life that cannot be filled. These lovely gay guys are precisely what I have missed out on in my life. Think about it: at 65 I have never shared a bed, a relationship, or even someone's cumload who shared the same sexual orientation(identity) with me. Throughout my life, I always wanted someone very close to me so each could validate the other person in the relationship for ALL that one is!!!! I have longed for this inevitability all my gay life without reaching appropriate resolution! Ambivalence, therefore, was a means to my survival and my coping mechanism needed for living an almost totally passion-free loveless existence. I simply have had too few gay role models in my adult life to mold me, that I admire and want to emulate! As the old saying goes, we always want something or someone just beyond what we have found to be achievable!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Not so simple am answer

Both of you are so eloquently spoken or written as it is hear. I wonder if you have English accents.

Dear Jon,

Thank you for your complement and, for what its worth, the English accent I love the most is what my nieces in Germany have leaned through their German schools teaching English as a foreign language. Yet, I have spent almost all of my life living in the South(including Little Rock, AR and Atlanta, GA), deliberately wanting to avoid developing the typical Arkansas twang typified by other Arkansan "Mountain People" living in the Ozark Mountain regions or other Southerners in general.

Although the infamous Bert Reynolds 1972 movie "Deliverance" depicts some of the worst of the backward people cut off from modern American society, I still find this is the defining stereotype that most non-residents associate with when many Arkansas residents announce where they come from precisely. Having had the privilege of having Bill Clinton serve as my governor first and ultimately my president, I feel blessed that he did much to dispel the Common Questions and misperceptions this state elicits, running the full-gamut, such as "do you have running water and indoor toilets yet?" 0r "Is electricity available yet in your home town?" Or is your "Family Tree" just one straight line?" are some of the questions running through their brain, even today!

When my mother first enrolled in Georgetown University in Washington, DC in her early 40's, current Georgetown students back then had similar doubts and reservations about this State.

In total honesty, I probably have had some local influences intertwined to be sure. But fortunately, the national media through TV and Radio also had it's national impact on me as well. Thank God for the national media!

As usual, I probably answered much more than Jon ever expected to what appears to be a simple answer.

Thanks again for your interest!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Last edited:
I love to listen to the various American accents and try to figure out which part of the USA a person comes just based on their accent. I'm pretty good with the Rednecks and the guys who sound like Dolly Parton and I'm also good with the street talking guys from Philli and New York.

Developing my American

I love to listen to the various American accents and try to figure out which part of the USA a person comes just based on their accent. I'm pretty good with the Rednecks and the guys who sound like Dolly Parton and I'm also good with the street talking guys from Philli and New York.

Dear Jon,

Because of the events in the 1957 Little Rock Racial Integration Crisis that was such world-wide news, I was embarrassed and offended by the actions of the racist in the news at that time. While racism was definitely not confined to the "South" in the USA, I was so disappointed to see in 1965-66, while living in Germany, I came into contact with Germans who did not know of my home state of Arkansas. if I then elaborated on the city I came from, their eyes lit up in recognition of my home town of Little Rock. Fortunately, I was always on the side for racial equality, but I really resented the assumption that everyone in Little Rock or the South in general was a de facto "racist"! Far from it!!!

I was only 9 during the Little Rock Integration Crisis, but in high school a few years later, I took a lot of heat from racist bigots in my class because I was openly "equal opportunity"! I have remained fair-minded concerning race relations ever since then. Therefore, I avoided acquiring a thick Southern accent at all costs as it was so characteristic of the vocal racist politicians of the time throughout the South! That was the last thing I wanted to be associated with!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

Last edited:
I'd agree with u totally
But i would like to out it this way,
Its nice to have varieties,
and this site optimize in that, which is refreshing from time to time.
I Like What Sir winston Churchill said:
"To improve is to change, To be perfect is to change often.
And it is rather interesting how mankind loves change, tho some may fear it.

Jamie,

Thank you. Variety is the spice of life, I think. But cute, brilliant Irishmen are. . . the ne plus ultra :)

Kisses,
"A" XOXOXOXO

LOL, Peter! No kidding, this is Broke Straight Boys, and I know this is the reason the site was founded, and that most members are here. I do understand and respect this.

"A" XOXOXOXOXOXO

P.S. Like you, still missing SHANE, the little Confederate Soldier ;-)

Thanks Peter my friend, for recognizing our similar taste for the straights, hence our being members of broke STRAIGHT boys, but I agree with you that it is good for Mark to include ALL types to appease our fellow forumites. We all have our own types and as long as we get our share, (including our newbie Mick), it is ALL GOOD! :thumbup:

Dear Mike,

I like the straight boys, too. And I should in no way wish to detract from the prevalent ethos or aesthetic of this site. I care MOST for those models who are beautiful, engaging, and CHARMING, whatever their personal needs and convictions, might be.

"A" :)

Dear Ambivalent,

I am indeed flattered to be mentioned in your commentary and certainly I am not ambivalent about it. By the way I love your "screen name". It says so much about the day to day coping skills I developed over the years, trying to live a discrete parallel life to avoid being outed, existing in that nether region just below the radar! But I have to ask myself what could have been said of me that was basically more honest?

As I am on the eve of my 65th birthday, the fact is that all the guys I have ever fantasized over or been involved with sexually, were decidedly masculine and overwhelmingly heterosexual beyond reproach. What they were willing to do with me was very limited, often demeaning to me personally, and not particularly satisfying to me.

What I said about openly gay models was precisely because I have a deficit in my life that cannot be filled. These lovely gay guys are precisely what I have missed out on in my life. Think about it: at 65 I have never shared a bed, a relationship, or even someone's cumload who shared the same sexual orientation(identity) with me. Throughout my life, I always wanted someone very close to me so each could validate the other person in the relationship for ALL that one is!!!! I have longed for this inevitability all my gay life without reaching appropriate resolution! Ambivalence, therefore, was a means to my survival and my coping mechanism needed for living an almost totally passion-free loveless existence. I simply have had too few gay role models in my adult life to mold me, that I admire and want to emulate! As the old saying goes, we always want something or someone just beyond what we have found to be achievable!

Sincerely,

Stimpy

God bless you, Stimpy.

I am in the generation behind, and was not quite so sorely oppressed, but feel your pain. Of course, you are amongst friends here, and I hope you know it!

Love,
"A" XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Both of you are so eloquently spoken or written as it is hear. I wonder if you have English accents.

What a sweet thing to say, Jon. I am 1/8 English (my Dad's family came here from Nottingham, in the 17th c.); 1/8 Irish (my Grandmother's family came from the North of that country); and 3/4 Scots. I learnt an English accent, for the stage. I speak in a mild Canadian accent every day (which would sound just like an American one, to you); and a Scots one if I am VERY tired. But I wish my accent were as sweet as James', because I believe the Irish accent is the most beautiful of all.

"A" XOXOXOXOXO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYIclbaCKRM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFdn5YBrqOg