• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What Are Some of Your FAVORITE Quotes?

Dorothy

Re'sume'

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live. Dorothy Parker

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying --
Lady, make a note of it,
One of you is lying. Dorothy Parker

I LOVE Dorothy Parker!

"Sidney's, Olga, Jungle Red. I'll remember". Norma Shear as Mary Haines in "The Women."

Get me a bromide,... and put some gin in it!". Mary Boland as the Countess Delav in "The Women."

Lots of other bon motes in this favorite gay film!

Stripe buddy, me too, I love her.

She had a bunch of people up for what used to be called a Cocktail Party, and one unimpressive guest who hadn't been in any way the life of the party gave up early and said his goodbyes, only to ring the bell again 5 minutes later having realized he'd forgotten his hat. Parker answered the door, and surprised to see him after his awkward leave taking, muttered, "Ah. Forgotten but not gone."

"You can lead a horticulture but you can't make her think," was another Parker gem.

"Ideals are like stars. You do not succeed in touching them with your hands, but, like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny."

I do not remember the author, but the quote has hung above my bedroom door since I was a baby.

stowe1

Just a few off the top of my head:

"Life's not worth a damn 'til you can shout out I am what I am"
- Gloria Gaynor

If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas
- unknown

"If a free society can not help the many who are poor, then it cannot save the few who are rich"
-President John F. Kennedy

"We have met the enemy and it is us"
- Pogo

Definition of "status":

"Buying things you don't need...with money you don't have...to impress people you don't like."

~ Author unknown

"Ideals are like stars. You do not succeed in touching them with your hands, but, like the seafaring man on the desert of waters, you choose them as your guides, and following them, you reach your destiny."

I do not remember the author, but the quote has hung above my bedroom door since I was a baby.

Update: The author's name is Carl Schurz

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

This is definitely one of my favorite quotes!

There was actually a lot of wisdom from Dr. Suess...........:w00t:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
— Dr. Seuss

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope."
— Dr. Seuss

Dang Ms. K! You never cease to amaze me! I didn't know how much wisdom was behind good ole' Dr. Suess :thumbup1:

Rob, you are a breath of fresh air with a high IQ. It's so dear of you to go to the trouble to make this playpen a happier place with threads like this. Sometimes I think Scorpio got you posting on the forum just to create joy. In his native French they have a word for it:

:thumbup::001_wub:

haha Slim I am glad that you feel this way about me being here in the forums, and it is because of this that makes me enjoy it so much more! You guys are a hoot and a breath of fresh air from my daily routine!