• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What Are Some of Your FAVORITE Quotes?

Rob_Ryder

College Dudes Model
BSB Model
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if I have told anyone here, but I absolutely LOVE quotes. Many quotes can be applied to any given situation that comes about in life and I have found them useful in discovering answers to personal problems as they have arisen in the past.

I was hoping that maybe I could get some good quotes from the wonderful people on these forums. What do you think?

Ok I'll start with a few :)

"A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others."
-Ayn Rand

"Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does."
-William James

"Begin to be now what you will be hereafter."
-William James

"Do you want to know who you are? Don't ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you."
-Thomas Jefferson

Rob, a favorite of mine is from Lincoln: "To sin by silence, when we should protest, makes cowards of us all."
It is a thought many of us should keep in mind when we hear or see bigotry or prejudice of any kind.
Jeff

Thank goodness we had the chance to meet...

I preface(d) it with that, because you, along w/ Mark, Chuck, Jimmy, Rob, Cole, & (especially)Laura KNOW this is the REAL me:

"If I cannot be myself, then who CAN I be?"~Me

Last edited:
"Here is the test to find whether your mission on Earth is finished: if you're alive, it isn't."
Richard Bach
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
— Maya Angelou

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough."
— Mae West
"Maybe all one can do is hope to end up with the right regrets." Arthur Miller
"We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are."
"The great use of life is to spend it on something that will outlast itself."

If you sprinkle when you tinkle, be a sweetie, wipe the seatie.
Sorry, it's almost time to bed so I hope you didn't expect anything deep lol

It's alright letting yourself go, as long as you can get yourself back.

Mick Jagger

"Anytime you meet anyone it is a holy encounter." ~ A Course in Miracles

"In our obsession of original sin we too often forget original innocence." ~ Pope Innocent III

Here's a couple of my favorites:

"We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools."
Martin Luther King Jr

Tis better to be thought the fool, than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.
Unkown

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.

Everything will be fine in the end, if it's not fine, it's not the end.

Do unto others the way you want done unto you. (bible) Simply put: threat others the way you want to be treated. Wouldn't it be nice if everyone followed this advise. After all, you don't have to be religious to be nice to others.

I have several favorites:

One is “Those who would give up Essential Liberty, to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety" which is from the letters of Ben Franklin.

Another written by JRR Tolkein:

"The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say. "

Finally is one from Isaac Asimov -"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."

There was actually a lot of wisdom from Dr. Suess...........:w00t:

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
— Dr. Seuss

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened."
— Dr. Seuss

"I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells."
— Dr. Seuss

"Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."
— Dr. Seuss

"Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope."
— Dr. Seuss

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art." Dorothy Parker

I don't know who said this one... "Kiss her till she be wearied out..."

Another Dr Seuss from Horton Hears a Who "A person's a person no matter how small."

"A fish should swim three times. First in the ocean, second in olive oil, and lastly in wine."

"To me, exercise is a dirty word. When I say it, I have to wash my mouth out with a martini!"

Laura

Favorite Quotes

If you will not hear Reason, she'll surely rap your knuckles - Ben Franklin

Admiration is the daughter of ignorance - Ben Franklin

Love is not enough. It must be the foundation, the cornerstone; But not the complete structure. It is much too pliable, too yielding - Quentin Crisp

The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help - Ronald Reagan

Vote: the instrument and symbol of a freeman's power to make a fool of himself and a wreck of his country - Ambrose Bierce

I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it - Mark Twain

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln

Rob, this is from Joice Wells, a very dear friend:

"If you tell a lie make sure it's one you can live with (and remember)."

Rob, you are a breath of fresh air with a high IQ. It's so dear of you to go to the trouble to make this playpen a happier place with threads like this. Sometimes I think Scorpio got you posting on the forum just to create joy. In his native French they have a word for it:

animateur

[edit] French
[edit] Etymology

animer +‎ -ateur
[edit] Noun

animateur m (plural animateurs)

presenter
leader; group leader (person responsible for looking after or entertaining children)

:thumbup::001_wub:

Quotes...

Re'sume'

Razors pain you;
Rivers are damp;
Acids stain you;
And drugs cause cramp.
Guns aren't lawful;
Nooses give;
Gas smells awful;
You might as well live. Dorothy Parker

By the time you swear you're his,
Shivering and sighing,
And he vows his passion is
Infinite, undying --
Lady, make a note of it,
One of you is lying. Dorothy Parker

I LOVE Dorothy Parker!

"Sidney's, Olga, Jungle Red. I'll remember". Norma Shear as Mary Haines in "The Women."

Get me a bromide,... and put some gin in it!". Mary Boland as the Countess Delav in "The Women."

Lots of other bon motes in this favorite gay film!