• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

The Virtual Coffee Shop, Diner And Corner Pub

That was terrific. I‘ve watched reruns of “That Seventies Show” just to see Ashton Kutcher. But after seeing clips like this one, I see they tackled real issues including gay kids in a funny but real way too. Kelso saying that if Buddy was gay, he would have been all over him was hilarious but true. lol

Great clip. Thanks Tampa.
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)

Kelso was an interesting character, too bad most of the characters never appeared in other series .

Am I the only weirdo who loved Mr. Ed?

1679646677704.jpeg

This scene actually appeared in my YouTube feed and I recently watched it. Ashton Kutcher was/is VERY much my type. :smiley-love021:
No doubt about the looks but there is something in his personality that says he he knows he is hot shit & acts it and that rubs me the wrong way.

“That Seventies Show” continues to play online daily

I started watching YouTube on my big screen TV during the summer of 2020, while most of the world was on Lockdown. My first gay YouTuber that I subscribed to was Reno Gold, followed by Stan Chris and Art or Artiomboy. Today Art released a video interviewing Reno.

I no longer subscribe to Reno Gold, but he has a fascinating story of how he went from stripper to prostitute to YouTube to OnlyFans and began earning a million and a half a year. This is over nineteen minutes but I enjoyed it.

Absolutely fabulous. I’d never heard of that show and didn’t know how it openly discussed gay kids and coming out. Great stuff.
Glad you liked it. I also wondered if you'd appreciate the cultural reference to the fantasy Jewish wedding Remi Malek's character envisioned with his BFF. I thought that was especially cute. :)

No doubt about the looks but there is something in his personality that says he he knows he is hot shit & acts it and that rubs me the wrong way.
Well... That's the way they wrote his character and the dialog they gave him. Plus when you start off in life as a model and an underwear model like Ashton did, it's kind of understandable if he does get a big head about his looks.

Well... That's the way they wrote his character and the dialog they gave him. Plus when you start off in life as a model and an underwear model like Ashton did, it's kind of understandable if he does get a big head about his looks.
But he was in other series after that that seem to keep that aspect of his character.

He doesn’t have a great voice but he was so fucking cute and sings with such conviction. While not as big a fan as Little Johnny, I too had a huge crush on Paul. :smiley-love021:

Does anyone remember this groundbreaking TV film from 1972, “That Certain Summer”? I do.

Thanks Mikey! I really enjoyed that background info. Yes. The movie really was a mixed bag. Gays saw something to love (and hate) about it. And so did the homophobes. Sigh.... haha But ahead of its time, it was. :) I'm also impressed that Marttine Sheen andHal Holbrook were willing to put their careers on the line for it.

I remember (watching as barely a young teen) when Robert Reed played a transgender man wanting "Sexual Reassignment" surgery to female on an episode of "Medical Center" in September of 1975. Unfortunately it did ruin his career, as he really was a closeted gay man and actor in real life. He had so much goodwill and positive regard for playing the loveable dad on "Brady Bunch". But after that one episode of "Medical Center", offers of solid work all but dried up for him after that. He was pretty much blacklisted from then on out. Whereas Martin Sheen's career was going nowhere but up. "Apocalypse Now" in 1979, all the way to "West Wing" and beyond into the present day. Robert Reed died of AIDS with much less screen time or recognition in 1992. Go figure. Right?

In Memoriam

RR.jpeg
Robert Reed.jpg
RR.2.jpg
Rob.jpg
Last Rob.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Mikey! I really enjoyed that background info. Yes. The movie really was a mixed bag. Gays saw something to love (and hate) about it. And so did the homophobes. Sigh.... haha But ahead of its time, it was. :) I'm also impressed that Marttine Sheen andHal Holbrook were willing to put their careers on the line for it.

I remember (watching as barely a young teen) when Robert Reed played a transgender man wanting "Sexual Reassignment" surgery to female on an episode of "Medical Center" in September of 1975. Unfortunately it did ruin his career, as he really was a closeted gay man and actor in real life. He had so much goodwill and positive regard for playing the loveable dad on "Brady Bunch". But after that one episode of "Medical Center", offers of solid work all but dried up for him after that. He was pretty much blacklisted from then on out. Whereas Martin Sheen's career was going nowhere but up. "Apocalypse Now" in 1979, all the way to "West Wing" and beyond into the present day. Robert Reed died of AIDS with much less screen time or recognition in 1992. Go figure. Right?

In Memoriam

View attachment 126684View attachment 126685View attachment 126686View attachment 126687View attachment 126688
He has done a lot of shows.

I’ve been posting quite a bit about 21 year old Anthony Volpe who grew up a Yankees fan living in nearby New Jersey. Yesterday afternoon after the spring training game, the Yankees told him that he made the team and would be Opening Day shortstop at Yankee Stadium on Thursday, patrolling the same ground that his boyhood hero Derek Jeter did.

Watch as his family was waiting outside in the Yankee dugout. It’s an emotional moment for the Volpe family and for me too.

Speaking of player which ones are like energizer bunnies? :)