• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

The NFL, who has a pride month avatar, retweeted this video as well as his team, the Las Vegas Raiders. It’s so cool and heartwarming to see such overwhelming support.

The Jones Boys

I just read that Duke signed Bates Jones as a transfer from Davidson to play his senior year on the basketball team. His brother is former Duke quarterback, Daniel Jones who is currently starting quarterback on my New York Giants football team. Bates will be some eye candy for me coming off the bench next year. :001_tt2:

CtUwhkRWAAIsKJb.jpg

Brother Daniel is not bad to look at either. :biggrin:

https%3A%2F%2Fgmenhq.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1278137788.jpeg

I just read that Duke signed Bates Jones as a transfer from Davidson to play his senior year on the basketball team. His brother is former Duke quarterback, Daniel Jones who is currently starting quarterback on my New York Giants football team. Bates will be some eye candy for me coming off the bench next year. :001_tt2:

CtUwhkRWAAIsKJb.jpg

Brother Daniel is not bad to look at either. :biggrin:

https%3A%2F%2Fgmenhq.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2Fgetty-images%2F2018%2F08%2F1278137788.jpeg

"Master" Bates Jones is indeed very hot! I wonder if he heard that a lot when he was a kid? I look forward to seeing him in action, and hopefully he will help Duke on the basketball court as well!

"Master" Bates Jones is indeed very hot! I wonder if he heard that a lot when he was a kid? I look forward to seeing him in action, and hopefully he will help Duke on the basketball court as well!
It is good that we can bond over Duke KG. But in baseball we are rooting for different teams. And your team seems to be a lot better than mine, as my team appears to be getting swept by Boston. Next weekend our teams face off for three games in The Bronx.

But in the fall we will both be into Master Bates. lol

It is good that we can bond over Duke KG. But in baseball we are rooting for different teams. And your team seems to be a lot better than mine, as my team appears to be getting swept by Boston. Next weekend our teams face off for three games in The Bronx.

But in the fall we will both be into Master Bates. lol

Very much so!

Shohei Ohtani

The Los Angeles Angels have a generation player named Shohei Ohtani. He is 26 years old and at 6' 4" , 203 lbs and a marvelous athlete. And he is excelling at both pitching and hitting. The only comparable player who could do that was Babe Ruth in the 1920's. At this point of the season, not even half way he has 26 home runs and 60 RBS's. And as a pitcher he has a 2.58 ERA in 11 starts in 59 ¹/₃ innings while striking out 82 batters. And in his first at bat ever at Yankee Stadium last night he did this.

And he is a really good looking kid with a great body and smile and a lot of personality. Perhaps 100 years from today, people will talk about Shohei Ohtani, the way we talk about Babe Ruth today. He is a very special young man.

ERTpKmUW4AY7C-T.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F929961638%2F0x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

1322789650.jpg

Shohei-Ohtani-1.jpg

The Los Angeles Angels have a generation player named Shohei Ohtani. He is 26 years old and at 6' 4" , 203 lbs and a marvelous athlete. And he is excelling at both pitching and hitting. The only comparable player who could do that was Babe Ruth in the 1920's. At this point of the season, not even half way he has 26 home runs and 60 RBS's. And as a pitcher he has a 2.58 ERA in 11 starts in 59 ¹/₃ innings while striking out 82 batters. And in his first at bat ever at Yankee Stadium last night he did this.

And he is a really good looking kid with a great body and smile and a lot of personality. Perhaps 100 years from today, people will talk about Shohei Ohtani, the way we talk about Babe Ruth today. He is a very special young man.

ERTpKmUW4AY7C-T.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fdam%2Fimageserve%2F929961638%2F0x0.jpg%3Ffit%3Dscale

1322789650.jpg

Shohei-Ohtani-1.jpg

Interesting post with very apt Babe Ruth comparison (although it was in the 1917-1919 years that Ruth was both a star pitcher and hitter. By the 1920s and after, I believe the Yanks had him primarily a hitter). I feel compelled to point out that Jacob DeGrom's current batting average is well over .400, and that Jake has more RBIs than earned runs given up for the season, although I concede that Jake does not have Ohtani's home run numbers.

Last edited:
Shohei Ohtani impressed me Monday night at Yankee Stadium hitting a home run, but Tuesday night he hit two homers now leading the major leagues with 28. And tonight he is scheduled to pitch with a 2.58 ERA. And by the way he has homered 10 times in his last 13 games. I have never seen anything like Ohtani in all the years I've been following baseball. When he makes contact with the baseball, the bat and ball make a sound that tells you what kind of power he has.

And as Yankee announcer Michael Kay said last night, he has "matinee idol looks". You cannot take your eyes off of him in the dugout, when he is up at bat and tonight I will see for myself how he looks on the pitching mound. This kid is a generational ball player. I have truly never seen anything like him on the baseball field.

e19bbdac0f59b3d5320267cca225df60.jpg

DWBIDAOL34MXFQP2QFEZU4ZCJM.jpg

Shohei Ohtani impressed me Monday night at Yankee Stadium hitting a home run, but Tuesday night he hit two homers now leading the major leagues with 28. And tonight he is scheduled to pitch with a 2.58 ERA. And by the way he has homered 10 times in his last 13 games. I have never seen anything like Ohtani in all the years I've been following baseball. When he makes contact with the baseball, the bat and ball make a sound that tells you what kind of power he has.

And as Yankee announcer Michael Kay said last night, he has "matinee idol looks". You cannot take your eyes off of him in the dugout, when he is up at bat and tonight I will see for myself how he looks on the pitching mound. This kid is a generational ball player. I have truly never seen anything like him on the baseball field.

e19bbdac0f59b3d5320267cca225df60.jpg

DWBIDAOL34MXFQP2QFEZU4ZCJM.jpg

Have to agree with you on that!

Game three of the four game Yankees-Angels series did not go well at all for Ohtani or for the opposing New York Yankees. Ohtani pitched and got rocked for seven runs in the first inning, but the Yankees blew the lead and after two long rain delays at around 1 AM, the Angels scored seven runs in the ninth to defeat New York. This afternoon is the final game of the series and assumedly, Ohtani will be back in as designated hitter.

Who would have predicted that the 4th of July Weekend of the subway series would start so wet and then get so unseasonably cold. Good start for the Mets today with their 8-3 win, and Ty Nelson no hitting the Yanks into the sixth inning I believe. By far Ty was the best off season free agent signing for the Mets. He has a shot of being selected for the NL All Star team. So kudos to Ty, whose strong season so far has been understandably overlooked in light of the record setting season that Jake DeGrom is having.

Who would have predicted that the 4th of July Weekend of the subway series would start so wet and then get so unseasonably cold. Good start for the Mets today with their 8-3 win, and Ty Nelson no hitting the Yanks into the sixth inning I believe. By far Ty was the best off season free agent signing for the Mets. He has a shot of being selected for the NL All Star team. So kudos to Ty, whose strong season so far has been understandably overlooked in light of the record setting season that Jake DeGrom is having.
As a Yankees fan this has been a most disheartening first half of a season in recent memory and today’s game was just a microcosm of everything that has gone wrong. The final two games of the Bronx half of the 2021 subway series will be played in a day night doubleheader on Sunday. I will hope for the best but be prepared for the worst.

Split decision in the 4th of July day/night doubleheader: When I checked in this afternoon and saw Cole was cruising in the fourth inning with a 4-1 lead, I turned off the TV and gave up on that game, but then my Yankee fan brother gloatingly checked for the score of the Yankee win only to find to the shock of both of us that the Mets rallied for six runs in their last at bat to win! In the night cap, off went the Yanks again to their usual three run lead, only to have the Mets get to within one run, but the comeback ended there in a 4-2 loss to the Yanks. As usual an exciting Subway Series, and probably the first one where the sound of the Macy's July 4th fireworks were going off during a Mets/Yanks game!

Split decision in the 4th of July day/night doubleheader: When I checked in this afternoon and saw Cole was cruising in the fourth inning with a 4-1 lead, I turned off the TV and gave up on that game, but then my Yankee fan brother gloatingly checked for the score of the Yankee win only to find to the shock of both of us that the Mets rallied for six runs in their last at bat to win! In the night cap, off went the Yanks again to their usual three run lead, only to have the Mets get to within one run, but the comeback ended there in a 4-2 loss to the Yanks. As usual an exciting Subway Series, and probably the first one where the sound of the Macy's July 4th fireworks were going off during a Mets/Yanks game!
If the Yankees hadn’t have come back to win the night cap, all I can say is I’m lucky I live on the first floor of my building or I might have considered jumping lolololol. But I have to congratulate you. You whopped our asses good this weekend.

Italy strips down to underwear in odd celebration after Euro 2020 win over Belgium

On Saturday Italy defeated Belgium in a Euro 2020 soccer match. But then, "The players raced into the stands to hug the fans, but some, including Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Andrea Belotti and Alessandro Bastoni, returned without their shorts.

Italy’s Andrea Belotti, left, and Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku embrace after the Euro 2020 soccer championship quarter-final match between Belgium and Italy at Allianz Arena stadium in Munich, Germany on Friday 2 July 2021 (AP Photo / Matthias Schrader, Pool)
Athletes often take off their shirts or shoes to gift to fans after games, but taking off their pants seems like an odd option."

NINTCHDBPICT000663408225.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000663408085.jpg

NINTCHDBPICT000663407813.jpg

I guess baseball is boring in comparison. lolololol

On Saturday Italy defeated Belgium in a Euro 2020 soccer match. But then, "The players raced into the stands to hug the fans, but some, including Giovanni Di Lorenzo, Andrea Belotti and Alessandro Bastoni, returned without their shorts.

Italy’s Andrea Belotti, left, and Belgium’s Romelu Lukaku embrace after the Euro 2020 soccer championship quarter-final match between Belgium and Italy at Allianz Arena stadium in Munich, Germany on Friday 2 July 2021 (AP Photo / Matthias Schrader, Pool)
Athletes often take off their shirts or shoes to gift to fans after games, but taking off their pants seems like an odd option."

NINTCHDBPICT000663408085.jpg

I guess baseball is boring in comparison. lolololol

Whoa! I sense some tension there. They look like they need to get a room. haha