• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Whoever that someone named Aaron Judge hit a three run homer tonight and Geritt Cole pitched another gem. Perhaps both our teams will be very good this year. :thumbup:

usa_today_10017549.0.jpg

r731836_1296x729_16-9.jpg

merlin_160161600_48fd1ccc-2bf0-4543-a572-4b053690ac66-superJumbo.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.cnn.com%2Fcnnnext%2Fdam%2Fassets%2F190929111511-pete-alonso-new-york-mets-record-trnd.jpg

Hopefully both teams will do well as that would be good for pandemic recovering New York City. I was just having some fun with you as obviously both Alonso and Judge are two of the best young players in the game. And if Alonso is #1 in the history of baseball in getting to 70 home runs in the fewest number of games, Judge being #2 in the history of baseball in that category is not shabby either!

Congratulations to KG on the Mets winning their home opener this afternoon at Citifield on a controversial walk off "hit by pitch" to Michael Conforto.

conforto.jpg

Congratulations to KG on the Mets winning their home opener this afternoon at Citifield on a controversial walk off "hit by pitch" to Michael Conforto.

View attachment 27159

It was controversial when replayed in slow motion creating the misimpression that Conforto had the time to think about sticking his elbow out to get hit. However Conforto's elbow in fact was hit at full speed by a major league inside fastball with no time to think about it. As a Met fan who objectively considered all of the circumstances, I thought the umpiring crew got the call exactly right!

I realize that it is early in the season, but I cannot refrain from pointing out that at present the Mets are first in the National League East, and the Yankees are not only last in the American League East but also have the worst record in the entire American League! Also any info on why Jay Bruce retired today? Being a left handed power hitter playing in the short fence to right field Yankee Stadium, I thought that he would help the Yankees a lot this year.

I realize that it is early in the season, but I cannot refrain from pointing out that at present the Mets are first in the National League East, and the Yankees are not only last in the American League East but also have the worst record in the entire American League! Also any info on why Jay Bruce retired today? Being a left handed power hitter playing in the short fence to right field Yankee Stadium, I thought that he would help the Yankees a lot this year.
The Yankees are playing horribly through the first fifteen games of the 2021 season. They are not hitting, pitching or playing defense. Their only solace is that a baseball season is 162 games and fifteen is still very early. When George Steinbrenner first owned the Yanks, his general manager was Gabe Paul who quoted the great Branch Rickey of the Brooklyn Dodgers. He said that a team is never as good as they appear during a hot streak and never as bad as they look in the middle of a losing streak.

Jay Bruce was horrible and looked like the game has passed him by. There was no role on the team for him. The team needs to turn things around in a hurry to right the ship. And if not major changes can happen but for now it is far from too late to be five games under .500 on April 19, Congratulations to the Mets for playing so well through the first eleven games of their season, but again, I am reminded of the Gabe Paul quote. We shall see how the two New York teams seasons play out.

The Yankees are playing horribly through the first fifteen games of the 2021 season. They are not hitting, pitching or playing defense. Their only solace is that a baseball season is 162 games and fifteen is still very early. When George Steinbrenner first owned the Yanks, his general manager was Gabe Paul who quoted the great Branch Rickey of the Brooklyn Dodgers. He said that a team is never as good as they appear during a hot streak and never as bad as they look in the middle of a losing streak.

Jay Bruce was horrible and looked like the game has passed him by. There was no role on the team for him. The team needs to turn things around in a hurry to right the ship. And if not major changes can happen but for now it is far from too late to be five games under .500 on April 19, Congratulations to the Mets for playing so well through the first eleven games of their season, but again, I am reminded of the Gabe Paul quote. We shall see how the two New York teams seasons play out.

I totally agree with that Gabe Paul quote.

JJ Redick came to Duke at age 18 and played four years between 2002 - 2006. Besides being a great player, he was one of my favorite Dukies to fantasize about.

DZINAPTTBYIFFBL.20160128194544.jpg

Today at age 36, he was recently traded to the Dallas Mavericks and he is still as hot as fuck! :cool:

dizmndkyvx7ihnng_1617271444.jpeg

JJ Redick came to Duke at age 18 and played four years between 2002 - 2006. Besides being a great player, he was one of my favorite Dukies to fantasize about.

DZINAPTTBYIFFBL.20160128194544.jpg

Today at age 36, he was recently traded to the Dallas Mavericks and he is still as hot as fuck! :cool:

dizmndkyvx7ihnng_1617271444.jpeg

I liked JJ's hot looks back when he was a college student at Duke, and, although he still looks good at 36, I suspect that JJ shares my opinion!

I liked JJ's hot looks back when he was a college student at Duke, and, although he still looks good at 36, I suspect that JJ shares my opinion!
As much as we might like to, we can’t stay 18 - 22 forever and JJ is way hotter than the average 36 year old. I’d still do him, even at his “advanced” age. lol 🤣

New York Yankees fans, (such as myself) have been pissed off at the cheating Houston Astros since the cheating scandal was exposed. With the pandemic and limited travel during the abbreviated 2020 MLB season, last night was the first opportunity for Yankee fans to express themselves directly to the Astros players. And even with limited capacity and only approximately 11,000 fans in attendance, they were loud and got into the heads of Jose Altuve and the remaining cheating Astros still on the team. And the Yanks beat them on the field too. A satisfying night at Yankee Stadium last night.

image.jpg

r849718_1296x729_16-9.jpg

new-york-yankees-fans-jeer-houston-astros.jpg

New York Yankees fans, (such as myself) have been pissed off at the cheating Houston Astros since the cheating scandal was exposed. With the pandemic and limited travel during the abbreviated 2020 MLB season, last night was the first opportunity for Yankee fans to express themselves directly to the Astros players. And even with limited capacity and only approximately 11,000 fans in attendance, they were loud and got into the heads of Jose Altuve and the remaining cheating Astros still on the team. And the Yanks beat them on the field too. A satisfying night at Yankee Stadium last night.

image.jpg

r849718_1296x729_16-9.jpg

new-york-yankees-fans-jeer-houston-astros.jpg

Looks like a fun "Revenge Night" to me!

That's funny. I have no problem with their being called out on the cheating. A New Yorkers are certainly not known for holding their tongues. haha

That's funny. I have no problem with their being called out on the cheating. A New Yorkers are certainly not known for holding their tongues. haha
One more game this afternoon at the Stadium for Yankee fans to let him the cheating Astros know what they think. The shame is that this series is their only visit to The Bronx this year. Later this month lots more fans are allowed back and instead of 11,000, perhaps 30,000 could have been booing them. :001_tongue:

One more game this afternoon at the Stadium for Yankee fans to let him the cheating Astros know what they think. The shame is that this series is their only visit to The Bronx this year. Later this month lots more fans are allowed back and instead of 11,000, perhaps 30,000 could have been booing them. :001_tongue:

From what I have heard and seen, the 11,000 Yankee fans did just fine!

Rare sports events in New York City today: BOTH the Mets and Yankees are hosting doubleheaders, so the two NYC teams are together playing four home games today! But that's not all: the Mets High A minor league affiliate, the Brooklyn Cyclones, are also hosting a double header tonight! That's six home games in NYC today! Will be a long time before you see that happen again!

P.S. The rarity of this is not that both teams were rained out last night, but rather that both teams were simultaneously at home in the first place. For the general rule in major league baseball scheduling in two team cities is to play one team at home and the other on the road. Still a great day for New York baseball with both teams hosting doubleheaders on a glorious weather day!

P.S. The rarity of this is not that both teams were rained out last night, but rather that both teams were simultaneously at home in the first place. For the general rule in major league baseball scheduling in two team cities is to play one team at home and the other on the road. Still a great day for New York baseball with both teams hosting doubleheaders on a glorious weather day!
And you must be thrilled as The Mets swept their twin bill. Yanks lost the first and are tied 3-3 in the fourth inning of the second game. Judge hit a monster home run to tie it. And you are right that it is a spectacular day outside for baseball or anything else.:biggrin:

Note: Sanchez just hit a 444 ft homer to put Yanks in front 4-3 still in fourth inning.

And you must be thrilled as The Mets swept their twin bill. Yanks lost the first and are tied 3-3 in the fourth inning of the second game. Judge hit a monster home run to tie it. And you are right that it is a spectacular day outside for baseball or anything else.:biggrin:

Note: Sanchez just hit a 444 ft homer to put Yanks in front 4-3 still in fourth inning.

I left the Met sweep part out, as I did not want to gloat! Good luck to the Yanks in the second game! My first place Mets are hanging in there despite a record 17 players on the Injured List!