• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

I left the Met sweep part out, as I did not want to gloat! Good luck to the Yanks in the second game! My first place Mets are hanging in there despite a record 17 players on the Injured List!
Thank you for asking KG and yes the Yanks did finish off the Blue Jays with another strong bull pen game by Chad Green while the games best closer this year, flamethrower Aroldis Chapman missed the game due to an illness.

With the victory the Yankees are now 29-21, two games behind Tampa Bay. In fact in the Yankees division, the American League East there are four teams over .500, so while the Yankees are not in first place today, the goal is to be in first place in early October and be strong going into the playoffs. But for now I am satisfied with where they are, even without Stanton, Britton, Severino and now Kluber and Voit. I always try to remember that a baseball season of 162 games is a marathon and not a sprint.

I was looking at the Duke website and saw this pic and thought it was Christian Laettner who also wore #32. But it is Mark Alarie who played for Duke from a 1986 NCAA Championship game against Louisville, before I had become a Duke fan. Duke sure has had some very hot players over the years.

1289028629.0.jpg

Even Jay Bilas who is the lead college basketball analyst on ESPN was hot during his Duke playing days!

Cw5kDXVXEAAeDpZ.jpg

I was looking at the Duke website and saw this pic and thought it was Christian Laettner who also wore #32. But it is Mark Alarie who played for Duke from a 1986 NCAA Championship game against Louisville, before I had become a Duke fan. Duke sure has had some very hot players over the years.

1289028629.0.jpg

Even Jay Bilas who is the lead college basketball analyst on ESPN was hot during his Duke playing days!

Cw5kDXVXEAAeDpZ.jpg

Not only was Mark Alarie hot, but I liked his "Little Lord Fauntaroy" hairdo!

I am truly a sports fan who loves my teams, primarily The New York Football Giants, The Duke Blue Devils basketball team and the New York Yankees. I love my teams and do not watch the games just to see hot guys but if a hot player is on one of my teams or on the opposing tams are on my televisions screen, I most certainly take notice.

Tonight the Yankees are playing The Minnesota Twins on a hot night in Minneapolis and I couldn't help from noticing a 23 year old catcher on Minnesota named Ben Rortvedt. With the heat and humidity in Minneapolis, young Ben has the top button on his uniform shirt open and the kid is hot. LOL I don't have any pics from tonight with the open top button but this is the kid.

YpwtUgw0_400x400.jpg

1200px-Ben_Rortvedt.jpg

5cc692f02880e.image.jpg

I am truly a sports fan who loves my teams, primarily The New York Football Giants, The Duke Blue Devils basketball team and the New York Yankees. I love my teams and do not watch the games just to see hot guys but if a hot player is on one of my teams or on the opposing tams are on my televisions screen, I most certainly take notice.

Tonight the Yankees are playing The Minnesota Twins on a hot night in Minneapolis and I couldn't help from noticing a 23 year old catcher on Minnesota named Ben Rortvedt. With the heat and humidity in Minneapolis, young Ben has the top button on his uniform shirt open and the kid is hot. LOL I don't have any pics from tonight with the open top button but this is the kid.

YpwtUgw0_400x400.jpg

1200px-Ben_Rortvedt.jpg

5cc692f02880e.image.jpg

Agree, that's a good looking young catcher!

For the six months of baseball season, from April through September, watching Yankees baseball is my addiction, wheteher they are playing well or poorly. However through an inexplicable quirk in the schedule, this will be a Friday night without a game. They begin an abbreviated two game series in Philadelphia tomorrow. So tonight I may actually break down and watch the Mets game tonight with Jacob deGrom pitching. I wonder what the response will be to this post by kgmets. lololol :sneaky2:

For the six months of baseball season, from April through September, watching Yankees baseball is my addiction, wheteher they are playing well or poorly. However through an inexplicable quirk in the schedule, this will be a Friday night without a game. They begin an abbreviated two game series in Philadelphia tomorrow. So tonight I may actually break down and watch the Mets game tonight with Jacob deGrom pitching. I wonder what the response will be to this post by kgmets. lololol :sneaky2:

You have excellent taste in your viewing on the Yankees' night off (why they have a Friday night off in June I have no idea). If I heard correctly, Jake has given up only four runs all season and has five RBIs! Tonight he pitched six innings of shut out ball and and had two RBIs in a 3-2 Mets win, kind of a modern day Babe Ruth performance (people forget that Babe Ruth was a star pitcher, before he switched to being a full time hitter).

You have excellent taste in your viewing on the Yankees' night off (why they have a Friday night off in June I have no idea). If I heard correctly, Jake has given up only four runs all season and has five RBIs! Tonight he pitched six innings of shut out ball and and had two RBIs in a 3-2 Mets win, kind of a modern day Babe Ruth performance (people forget that Babe Ruth was a star pitcher, before he switched to being a full time hitter).
To me it is the Los Angeles Angels Shohei Ohtani who is the current day Babe Ruth. He pitches in regular rotation and on the other days he is the designated hitter and currently has 17 home runs and 45 RBI’s, truly Ruthian stats particularly in 2021. And unfortunately for the Mets deGrom had to leave last nights game with an elbow issue. Hopefully it is something minor.

To me it is the Los Angeles Angels Shohei Ohtani who is the current day Babe Ruth. He pitches in regular rotation and on the other days he is the designated hitter and currently has 17 home runs and 45 RBI’s, truly Ruthian stats particularly in 2021. And unfortunately for the Mets deGrom had to leave last nights game with an elbow issue. Hopefully it is something minor.

Ohtani is a good analogy to Ruth as well. Jake expects to be ready for his next start.

Since the Yankees are playing the Phillies this weekend, as a Met fan I'm actually rooting for the Yankees (to help the Mets widen their lead in the National League East)! A very unusual feeling!

Since the Yankees are playing the Phillies this weekend, as a Met fan I'm actually rooting for the Yankees (to help the Mets widen their lead in the National League East)! A very unusual feeling!
Bad for you....bad for me. The Yankees are playing terrible baseball right now. No way to sugarcoat it but there is still time to turn things around but it is not pretty right now being a Yankee fan.

Bad for you....bad for me. The Yankees are playing terrible baseball right now. No way to sugarcoat it but there is still time to turn things around but it is not pretty right now being a Yankee fan.

You are correct on both counts. It's a long season and there is a lot of time left (the Mets getting all 17 players off of the Injured List would be a good start!), but I can't complain as their subs have been playing great and they are in first place.

2C5DD3FD-ED8B-4FBD-921B-5F79F095B36A.jpg

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib on Monday became the first active NFL player to come out as gay

Good for him! And in a positive sign of change for the better he was congratulated by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell for doing so!
yes!! That is awesome. He has gotten a lot of support from his teams and other players as well.

View attachment 28127

Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib on Monday became the first active NFL player to come out as gay
You beat me to it Jay. I had planned to post this tomorrow. Very positive thing. We have never had a star in men’s professional sports come out. I’m not familar with him and don’t know if he’s a star. But again a very positive step forward.