• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Hey my friend,

I do enjoy this aspect of sports figures too. So of course I follow this thread also. I'm not into sports and sports trivia all that much for the mechanics and the rankings of the games. But I'm glad that you enjoy it so much and it gives you (and so many others) another hobby and interest to pursue in life. :)

Hey my friend,

I do enjoy this aspect of sports figures too. So of course I follow this thread also. I'm not into sports and sports trivia all that much for the mechanics and the rankings of the games. But I'm glad that you enjoy it so much and it gives you (and so many others) another hobby and interest to pursue in life. :)
Thank you Tampa and I’m glad that you and KG and br enjoy what you guys post and comment on too. It is a big, wide world with plenty of room for all of us to enjoy what we enjoy!!!!

Well today is for you & I have yet to put of your Yankees so look again. And tomorrow I will go back to my usual stuff. You see the aim of the forum for me is to spread good cheer above all else & I think most posters do believe that as well, each in their own way.

Buck officially tomorrow will join the list of those who have managed both the Yanks and Mets! A good trivia question to trick a Yankee fan is the number of World Series rings that Yogi Berra won? They usually miss by one, forgetting Yogi's 1973 Mets World Series ring as their manager!

Buck officially tomorrow will join the list of those who have managed both the Yanks and Mets! A good trivia question to trick a Yankee fan is the number of World Series rings that Yogi Berra won? They usually miss by one, forgetting Yogi's 1973 Mets World Series ring as their manager!
True. Buck was a very good manager for the Yankees and was raised in the Yankees system, never worked for another team until Steinbrenner fired him after the 1975 season, and managed Arizona and Baltimore after the Yankees. The Mets are very fortunate to have him.

I think the other answer to your trivia question besides Yogi, is Joe Torre and Casey Stengel. Did I miss any?

True. Buck was a very good manager for the Yankees and was raised in the Yankees system, never worked for another team until Steinbrenner fired him after the 1975 season, and managed Arizona and Baltimore after the Yankees. The Mets are very fortunate to have him.

I think the other answer to your trivia question besides Yogi, is Joe Torre and Casey Stengel. Did I miss any?
Another name just popped into my mind, Dallas Green. And I’m not cheating, this is from memory. lol

Mike I see you are as well learned in Yankee history as in guy attractiveness!

I was only seven when the Brooklyn Dodgers moved away to Los Angeles. My father and mother were die hard Brooklyn fans, and I remember my mother was heartbroken, and she always referred to the owner of the Dodgers, Walter O’Malley with very unladylike terms. Lol If the Dodgers had stayed, I proudly would have been a Brooklyn Dodgers fan too.

A1F36AA6-D876-4C63-A7A4-915D60D1866D.jpg

This was Ebbets Field then.

CE5991C6-4257-435C-87B4-37A053686DED.jpg

1DC9F36C-B5F8-492B-8E3D-DEF0380A1BF1.jpg

And this is the Ebbets Field Housing Project which stands there today. :crying2:

882BD353-C1A3-43B5-AE1B-452EEEA1871E.jpg

I was a Brooklyn Dodgers fan & of of course the Giants did the same, hence the hapless but loveable Mets were then born. I switched to the SD Padres even before I moved there in 1981.

Dallas Green, who had relatively brief managerial tenures with both teams!

Reminder, the American football season is entering the final stretch for the college & professional season.

Anthony Volpe

This has been a tough time for me to be a sports fan. The football Giants are terrible once again. The Duke Blue Devils have a great team and are ranked #2 in the country but they have a Covid issue and today’s game has been postponed and Saturday’s game is in doubt. And this is usually a great time for baseball fans as trades are being made along with free agent signings, but MLB has locked out the players and everything is on pause.

But I am reading about Yankees 20 year old shortstop prospect from Morristown New Jersey who played high school ball with Jack Leiter who was the #2 pick in the baseball amateur draft. I’d love to see young Anthony eventually become the everyday shortstop for the Yanks.

And he is nice to look at too. :biggrin:

261146DA-D102-41FE-A9A9-B19BAF3B3361.jpg

0B43E114-4864-4BE4-839F-2C7F44A2B45F.jpg

Oh and this is his former high school teammate Jack Leiter in college at Vanderbilt. :drool:

F4490F97-804A-4F5B-9A92-83C64C55F08D.jpg

As my dear special friend use to say "We live in hope". A bit of his history he lost his beloved mother at a very early age & used & abused by his father & uncle but despite all that he was wise beyond his age, a fanatic rugby & tennis fan, extremely smart & loved to show his young aside at times. He has devoted his life nelping to adolescent youth through teaching & sports.

In addition to our Stowe celebrating a birthday today, I see that today is also the birthday of arguably the most dominant pitcher in the history of baseball over four consecutive seasons, between 1963-1966. Happy 86th birthday to Sandy Koufax! :birthday:

56CCCA38-01B4-4A36-BAE8-177D927BBAA0.jpeg

Yes i was great fan, TY for remembering. I wonder how life treated him since then.

Yes i was great fan, TY for remembering. I wonder how life treated him since then.
He was a long time bachelor, and I always wondered if he might have been gay. He did marry twice and twice divorced. He was always very handsome and from this picture of him in recent years, still is.

69A7BE0C-308C-4A5A-928B-283F5A31D826.jpg

He was born in Brooklyn and played for his hometown Brooklyn Dodgers before the team moved to Los Angeles.

BDFDC384-EF6E-41C3-8B5D-CDE290F2F813.jpg