• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

Well there still s tennis, rugby, hockey and soccer, Mike.

Mike, I can be a bit slow or even blind at times. In this instance it is a Giants mug I got from my middle son who besides being a rabid fan of Buffalo is of the Giants as well. It is on my desk so constantly with me when I am up. It contains some oral syringes of medicine I need to take daily so now a constant reminder of your love of sports.

Mike, I can be a bit slow or even blind at times. In this instance it is a Giants mug I got from my middle son who besides being a rabid fan of Buffalo is of the Giants as well. It is on my desk so constantly with me when I am up. It contains some oral syringes of medicine I need to take daily so now a constant reminder of your love of sports.

Thanks br.

0CBF2568-34E6-4F10-A999-B76A0682786B.jpg

And good luck to your New England Patriots tonight. I’ve always respected Bill Belichick as a great coach but I have a new respect for him after losing Tom Brady to rebuild his team so quickly. Makes me wish he never left the Giants coaching staff under Bill Parcells so many years ago.

TY Mike, by the way my mug is thick clear glass 7 inches in height, suitable for a mighty football team (in historical terms).

One final sports note before I leave for work on this Monday morning. Gil Hodges was finally selected to go into the Hall of Fame last night. Although I was only eight years old when the Brooklyn Dodgers left for Los Angeles and I wasn’t following baseball then, and I was never a Mets fan as he lead one of the most unlikely seasons as the 1969 “Miracle Mets” stunned the baseball world to win the World Series under his leadership.

His son Gil Junior went to high school with me and his wife Joan remained in their house on Bedford Avenue in Brooklyn and even shopped in the store I worked in during my summers in college.

So to a real Brooklynite and a great player before my time, Congratulations to Gil and his family and fans!

7AD597EC-45E7-4F7F-8B3C-64CA6C77E818.jpg

6AB901C1-D3E6-4F08-B73E-8F6160535CB9.jpg

There we have another connection being Brooklyn. I use to travel to that fair borough to pick up my future wife during our dating period.

There we have another connection being Brooklyn. I use to travel to that fair borough to pick up my future wife during our dating period.
What neighborhood was she in? I grew up in Midwood and have lived in Brooklyn Heights for the last 48 years.

I believe Boro Heights. She immigrated with her parents & 2 siblings from Israel. Her parents were Nazi survivors.

I believe Boro Heights. She immigrated with her parents & 2 siblings from Israel. Her parents were Nazi survivors.
Perhaps it was Borough Park which is where many Jewish people live, today it is one of the main places where the Orthodox Jews live, but back then not so much. If you were living in The Bronx then br, it must have been quite a trip to see your girlfriend. Young love. lololol

Yes, it was but then young people have this idea they are infallible.

Well I am impressed by "Coach Belichick", he did in 1 year what I thought might take 2 or 3 a win against Buffalo & solely in first place. This is more impressive than Brady who went to a team filled with talent.

Last edited:
Well I am impressed by "Coach Belichick", he did in 1 year what I thought might take 2 or 3 a win against Buffalo & solely in first place. This is more impressive than Brady who went to a team filled with talent.
I am a fan of coach Belichick and happy for him and for you br. Good win.

Thank you Mike, the Giants will be back, it is the nature of sports teams to go through these cycles.

Very often my obsessions in life are related to hot looking young guys. My love for Duke basketball began in March 1991, when my brother invited me to his house to watch the Final Four. I hadn’t watched college basketball since the days of Lew Alcindor and the UCLA Bruins, as I got into the NBA with the Knicks great teams at that time. But I watched the exciting huge upset win for Duke over the then undefeated UNLV team in the semi-finals. One of the Duke players who I found very hot was Billy McCaffrey. After Duke won the championship, Billy transferred so the UNLV game and the championship game win over Kansas two nights later, were the only two games I saw him play for Duke.

9049A454-023C-49CC-84DB-226E503B0F4E.jpg

The other guys who turned me on from that Duke team were Bobby Hurley and I of course Christian Laettner.

38EE1D45-D89E-4DF8-8140-8958FF1AF029.jpg

In the ensuing years I became a huge Duke fan, regardless of if I found the players hot or not, but I just came across the Billy McCaffrey pic and got nostalgic. Wow 1991 was thirty years ago. Holy crap! lol

My friend, age does creep up on all of us, like it or not. Wise are the few who know that when young as my special friend Jeff did & while acting mature way beyond his years also did not neglect his young side!.

I forgot to thank you Mike for sharing that with those of us that care about you.

I’m watching the Giants - Chargers game now which just started. The Chargers have a hot quarterback who I was not familiar with until today. Justin Herbert.:drool:

DE3C9C38-C094-46DD-BBA4-E4DBF36942E2.jpg

71BEB601-B271-441E-853F-20F3C5EDCD5D.jpg

Yes, I know. They are an up and down team and always be the tolerated unwanted rellie from down south.