• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

U.S. wrestler Gable Steveson wins Olympic gold in wrestling! :)

Gable Steveson.jpg

This miserable 2021 Yankee season just took another very negative turn. I may be crying in July, “Wait for next year”.
I wrote the above three weeks ago but the Yankees traded for two excellent veteran hitters, Rizzo and Gallo. They have won eight of their last ten and are now five and a half games out of first place and only one game out of a wild card slot with still approximately fifty games remaining this season. What a difference three weeks make. I am again a happy optimistic fan. :001_smile:

The Yankees continue to thrill me with their winning ways. I know it is only August 8th and they are still on the outside looking in for a playoff bearth, but for now it is a lot of fun for me to watch my guys playing and winning.

Besides the two lefty sluggers, Rizzo and Gallo, they also acquired a starting pitcher and a relief pitcher who are very much "my type". So while baseball for me is about the game, a cute guy in pinstripes doesn't hurt my enjoyment either. :biggrin:

Andrew Heany

andrew-heaney-umpire-check.jpg

Clay Holmes (still in Pirates uniform)

usa_today_16495457.0.jpg

Mike you will hate me, I lived in Boston for a period so am a Red Sox and Dodgers fan . The later I became when they were still in Brooklyn!

TY for understanding, speaking of teams I am a proud veteran member of the gay team myself!

By the way, with the two above pitchers I’d gladly take care of both their bats and balls, no matter what team they played for.

Sounds good to me. Whom ever is in charge of these forums if the sequences of this threads were reversed, then readers could pull up the threads and get the last page first saving a step. Now that may sound petty but it does add up to quite a saving over time!!!! Take that as you may or may not.

Sounds good to me. Whom ever is in charge of these forums if the sequences of this threads were reversed, then readers could pull up the threads and get the last page first saving a step. Now that may sound petty but it does add up to quite a saving over time!!!! Take that as you may or may not.

There is a shortcut workaround to that. If you see the list of all the titiles of the threads and you see a particular thread that you want to view, it isn't necessary to click on the title of the thread and work your way through to the final and most recent final page. You can skip the title part and merely click on the number of the last page. You can also work backwards using page numbers only.

Thanks , a further reason Y it pays to have used the Forum forever and a day!

The Yankees keep winning despite an incredible serge of players on the injured list, including four currently on the COVID I.L. However another player went down on Sunday, shortstop Gleyber Torres with a thumb injury. And to replace him on the roster and in the starting lineup at shortstop is Bronx native, Andrew Velazquez. The twenty-seven year old grew up in The Bronx and attended Yankee games as a kid. He is the first Bronx native to play for his home town team. Go Andrew!

Young Andrew Velazquez at the old Yankee Stadium

Andrew-Velazquez-Yankees.jpg

This is him back in 2012 attended Fordham Prep visiting Yankee Stadium.

maxresdefault.jpg

And a video of him from that time.

27 year old Andrew Velazquez playing for the Yankees last night.

image.jpg

And while I making this post, Andrew doubled for his first Yankee hit and scored his first Yankee run. :biggrin:

Final thing on Andrew Velazquez, I found this pic online. Is it him? It looks like him and I hope so!!!!!:drool:

97dc710d8562bba050a3272ace8b51de.jpg

Final thing on Andrew Velazquez, I found this pic online. Is it him? It looks like him and I hope so!!!!!:drool:

97dc710d8562bba050a3272ace8b51de.jpg

I think it's a good warning about turning off the flash on your camera phone if taking a picture in front of a mirror. haha

Tonight the Yankees and The Chicago White Sox will play in a nationally televised game on FOX in the "Field Of Dreams" game on a cornfield in Dyersville, Iowa. The major league field is adjacent to the movie set field of the motion picture. The players will be introduced in the corn fields and wear uniforms replicating the early 1900's. It should be a fun and nostalgic evening.

a48a98ddc7.jpeg

USATSI_16550063-scaled-e1628719464288-1024x683.jpg

field-of-dreams-game-jerseys.png

5FHTATULAJF3ZM4TDWKQ5AX3IQ.jpg

I heard about this game this morning. I think it's great. Loved the movie!!

For those FB starved fans the first preseason games are being telecast.