• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

That was really great Mikey. :)
I'm glad you watched Tampa. It is one of those human interest stories sometimes hidden in sports. The kid grew up in The Bronx and is currently living with his family sleeping in the same bed he did when he was a kid when the Yankees are in town. I read that when he was a little kid, he told his family that he wanted to grow up to be the Yankees shortstop, just like his idol, Derek Jeter. Dreams do sometimes come true.

I understand that he is just a temporary fill in for the Yanks while Gleyber Torres is on the injured list but at least for this past week for this home stand the kid's childhood dream came true and no one can ever take this past week away from him.

1335506019.jpg

P.S. Andrew's dad is a retired NYPD Detective and he wears his dad's gold shield on a chain around his neck. You can see that in the above pic after hitting his homer yesterday afternoon.

That's amazing to see a young man's childhood dream unfold successfully before our eyes. :)

I was saddened to learn last night that former New York Rangers hockey hall of famer, Rob Gilbert died this past weekend at age 80. I was never a big hockey fan but in the late sixties and early seventies New York City sports were huge with the Mets, Jets and Knicks all having miracle championships and the Rangers had a great team that fell short of winning The Stanley Cup, but I watched and even attended a Rangers game at Madison Square Garden and Gilbert was one of the sports stars of that era.

And of most interest to this forum, he was a very handsome young man. RIP Rod Gilbert.

22479-178RG-383x480.jpg

0000369259.jpg

6269079520001.jpg

He was and it is most scary that next month I will reach the inglorious age of 78.

Ty but already for many years just another day. I must say any day wo great pain is a good day. I seldom have time to do nothing which I am doing now . I can not say enough this Forum and guys like you greatly enrich my life.

Ty but already for many years just another day. I must say any day wo great pain is a good day. I seldom have time to do nothing which I am doing now . I can not say enough this Forum and guys like you greatly enrich my life.

Thanks for that! That is what this Forum is all about! Let's keep on having fun and keep each other entertained!

As I say at the beginning of every baseball season, the full season is a marathon of 162 games starting in the northeast on the chilly, sometimes cold days of April, through the heat of summer and finishes again in the cool or cold weather of late September and into October if a team is fortunate. There are also always unforeseen ups and downs and story lines that no writer could invent.

Today is August 28th, with another month to go in the regular season, but this season's Yankee team has taken an upward turn that I never expected in my wildest dreams. Probably the lowest point came on July 4, in the first game of a doubleheader against the Mets the Yanks lost, 10-5. They fell to .500, a season-high 10 games out of first place in the AL East. After last nights Yankee win in Oakland the Yankees have now won 13 straight games and their record since that first game of the Mets doubleheader loss is 35-11. the best in baseball.

The true test will come in October in the playoffs and hopefully the World Series, but for right now, I am very excited about the play of my New York Yankees. :001_tongue:

I understand that to a non-sports fan, following a baseball, football or basketball team as I do seems foolish or even childish, but it is my great passion in life to follow my three favorite teams, (Yankees, Football Giants and Duke Blue Devils men's basketball team). And when one of my teams is doing well, it is important to me. And I wanted to share my joy with the forum as I will share my disappointment if it all blows up for them later this season.

My special relationship with Jeff gave me a love of tennis & rugby , I have to admit with him gone it has slackened esp rugby but I do follow both as best I can and Mike I am glad you have a passion besides cock & ass. Oh yes I love my Pats & Red Sox from the time I worked in Boston & Padres and Chargers til they left SD.

Perhaps I jinxed the Yankees with my post on the thirteen game winning steak as Oakland won yesterday 3-2. The Yankees are still leading in the wild card race, but lost a game to Tampa and trail in the American League East by five games. I am amazed year after year how Tampa has such a good team with such a low payroll. And such poor attendance and therefore limited gate revenues. Very smart ownership at Tampa. It will be a very interesting five weeks down the stretch of the regular baseball season.

And don't look now but the 2021 NFL season begins on September 9th with Dallas at the champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers. The seasons sure do go round and round.

Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Dallas-Cowboys-2021-1.jpg

That they do & we are the better for it Mike!

Love all of them. Me just dispose of ias cheaply as possible & use the money saved for something good.