• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Penn and Teller

joninliverton

BSB Addict
Reaction score
These two guys appeared on one of the top uk chat shows last night "Jonathon Ross". It's the first time I'd cast eyes or even heard of them although Jonathon announced that they were really big in the USA and have permanent shows in Vegas.

They did 2 tricks on the show which I thought were excellent but it was funny that Teller never mentions a word, he just does his bit and smiles. And who would mess with Penn, he's like a giant.

They're doing a week of shows in London, it's a pity I cannot get there.

Oh i love them. If you are able to catch their show on tv it's great they talk about real things of life. They did something on the roman church another on like how things are made as far as food. Great information is given out and I really feel like I learn something when I watch them.

Oh i love them. If you are able to catch their show on tv it's great they talk about real things of life. They did something on the roman church another on like how things are made as far as food. Great information is given out and I really feel like I learn something when I watch them.

I'm interested, do you have a link ?

Just a bit of trivia, because I adore Penn Jillette....

He named his daughter Moxie Crimefighter.

!!!! Amazing !!!!

great guys

Penn and Teller have been performing for many years. I originally saw them in New York, off Broadway, about 12 years ago. They have been permanent headliners at the Rio in Las Vegas, where I now live. Not only do they put on a great show, but in December, for the past several years, they have offered free tickets to anyone who gives blood. Part of their gimmick is that Teller never speaks. With the bad economy many shows in Vegas are half price now - Penn and tTeller offer that with a special twist. Their ad reads "Buy a ticket to Penn and get Teller for free".

Penn

I have long been a fan of Penn Jillette. He is the type of opinionated, irreverent, intelligent, and humorous person that I admire. I find that he says a lot of things that I think. Many years ago, he was a frequent guest on the Howard Stern radio show in New York, and even dated Howard's co-host, Robin Quivers briefly. I've been following Penn's career ever since.

I have long been a fan of Penn Jillette. He is the type of opinionated, irreverent, intelligent, and humorous person that I admire. I find that he says a lot of things that I think..

A bit like me then Mike lol.

Yes he said his surname was Jillette but I didn't realise it was spelt that way. In my head I had it spelt Gillette, like the razor blades. And Miss D he actually mentioned why he gave his daughter that name in the show last night and I also believe he has given his son a wierd name. The host Jon Ross actually went to see them first on Broadway all those years back before the moved to Vegas.

How could you not have heard of them? Do you live under a rock? Penn and his big clunky feet were on Dancing with the Stars, briefly. Part of their show is to deconstruct their illusions. Great stuff!

How could you not have heard of them? Do you live under a rock? Penn and his big clunky feet were on Dancing with the Stars, briefly. Part of their show is to deconstruct their illusions. Great stuff!

Pretty harsh reply that. Dude I live in England and they are very rarely seen over here and I'm sure that I could respond with some UK celebs that you will not have heard of either.

I know this is off topic a bit, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alan Carr. Chattyman is the shiznit. Sometimes when I'm really bored I watch old episodes of the Friday/Sunday Night Project. Funny stuff right there....

I know this is off topic a bit, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE Alan Carr. Chattyman is the shiznit. Sometimes when I'm really bored I watch old episodes of the Friday/Sunday Night Project. Funny stuff right there....

Good choice there Miss D. Although he does camp it up a bit it's all part of the act. He actually comes from near Leeds and is a very nice man in real life. His radio 2 shows on a saturday evening are excellent. They're on the net so you should be able to receive it.

I was talking with my mother last night about this and she told me when they first started doing the touring she won back stage passes and they taught her the scarf trick. She said they were a lot of fun and it was one her fun memories from when she was younger. I was young when it happened so I don't even remember her talking about it. Funny things you will learn about people after talking to them about Broke Straight Boys :p

Sorry, joninleeds. I should have checked. Beat me, beat me hard. Then kiss all the pain away.
By the way, I'm a jon too. Mum said there was no "h" in me.
I still have relatives in the Bournemouth area.

Sorry, joninleeds. I should have checked. Beat me, beat me hard. Then kiss all the pain away.
By the way, I'm a jon too. Mum said there was no "h" in me.
I still have relatives in the Bournemouth area.

No problem Jon without the H, I have a H in mine but cba using it. But I've never had a guy with a name beginning with H "in me" lol.

Bournemouth omg, that's where all the oldies get to hide out lol.

Good magicians are they not.

These two guys appeared on one of the top uk chat shows last night "Jonathon Ross". It's the first time I'd cast eyes or even heard of them although Jonathon announced that they were really big in the USA and have permanent shows in Vegas.

They did 2 tricks on the show which I thought were excellent but it was funny that Teller never mentions a word, he just does his bit and smiles. And who would mess with Penn, he's like a giant.

They're doing a week of shows in London, it's a pity I cannot get there.

They are awesome. They used to do a show where they would show how magicians would do their tricks. In the process thy would add a twist that would make you go now that they explained that how did they do that???:thumbup: LOL. They are great illusionists.