• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Olympics 2012

Having read the non Murdoch Sunday press today, many reflected on how the world perceived the opening ceremony. There was a slight disappointment when apparently the USA did not show the part when there was a minute of silence when a wall of pictures of the victims of the London bombings of 7/7 were flashed up on the big screen. Again this was another part I missed because of work but we're a touchy lot us brits. Even the French thought the ceremony was fantastique...

Going back to the action and it looks as if the Americans have a new swimming superstar.

Oh yes? Well, it can't be Ryan Lochte, who lost the relay today for America. Surely you mean Elizabeth Biesel.

Jon, I watched the first half on Dutch TV and the remainder on the Belgian Flemish channel. The commentators speak Dutch and Flemish, over the soundtrack from the stadium; and the speeches in French and English were subtitled.

From Amsterdam I can watch the BBC and ITV etc. But we have great sports commentators as well. The BBC version can probably be downloaded all over the Internet.

Robert just curious how many languages can you speak and how often to you have to change back and forth? I dearly wish I could speak at least Spanish. One of the things that gets me is how much our people bitch and moan if someone speaks Spanish or something else in public here. But yet we expect everyone else to speak our language anywhere we go in the world.

Robert just curious how many languages can you speak and how often to you have to change back and forth? I dearly wish I could speak at least Spanish. One of the things that gets me is how much our people bitch and moan if someone speaks Spanish or something else in public here. But yet we expect everyone else to speak our language anywhere we go in the world.

In Holland we live with 16 million souls only. So to do business with our neighbour countries, all kids learn English, German and French as well. (Flemish and Afrikaans are based on Dutch) My French always sucked, and hardly ever had to use it; then you lose it.

"How often to you have to change back and forth?"
There is no switching. Can "switch" instantly to a language... interpret from German into English,
and back for tourists. :- ) And be sure that I will make plenty of grammatical errors!

PS: We all speak and understand body language... XXX

Last edited:
LOL Robert. Is that the real British lad of about 13 who fathered a child with another 13 y/o girl some years ago?

Tampa I knew you were good... but what an eagle eye you have! First I thought it was just a funny cartoon, but now you mentioned it, I do remember... Indeed it's more than just a parody.

"Baby-faced and only 4 feet (1.22 meters) tall, the boy, Alfie, was just 12 when he impregnated Chantelle, now 15, The Sun said. Shown in a video Alfie looks more like he's 8 - not 13 - as he takes the newborn girl in his arms.

As http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKV-11kxQKQ

Last edited:
Tampa I knew you were good... but what an eagle eye you have! First I thought it was just a funny cartoon, but now you mentioned it, I do remember... Indeed it's more than just a parody.

"Baby-faced and only 4 feet (1.22 meters) tall, the boy, Alfie, was just 12 when he impregnated Chantelle, now 15, The Sun said. Shown in a video Alfie looks more like he's 8 - not 13 - as he takes the newborn girl in his arms.

As http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NKV-11kxQKQ

They start young over here.. Sad thing is that he will probably father a few more by he's left school and then he'll be claiming benefits for the rest of his life.

Dana Vollmer swam the 100m butterfly final, she broke the world record and won a gold medal, and became the first woman ever to swim that distance under 56 seconds: with a time of 55.98

Dana_Vollmer__1556437a.jpg

I was referring to Ryan Lochte but he won gold on saturday.

He's wonderful! I'm so happy for him. I know the relay yesterday was a total disappointment for him.

Did you see the interview he did where he talked about and took the audience through his workout routine? Tires and chains, oh my!

Dana Vollmer swam the 100m butterfly final, she broke the world record and won a gold medal, and became the first woman ever to swim that distance under 56 seconds: with a time of 55.98

Dana_Vollmer__1556437a.jpg

Wasn't that great? It was so fun to watch!

Some bitch from Holland

Holland, small country, and very proud of our silver, and gold medal. Two medals so far, the gold medal was won by cyclist Marianne Vos; it's the one medal she never won before.

This is how Jan Moir a female columnist from the Daily Mail described our hero.

"We got our first medal, courtesy of cyclist Lizzie Armitstead. What an utter darling. According to commentators, she had ‘fresh legs in good shape’, which she used to batter heroically through a torrential rainstorm, only to come second to some bitch from Holland. Never mind, after the 80-mile race Lizzie emerged without a speck of mud on her flawless complexion, manicure perfect, looking ready for her close-up."

Read more:

Don't worry about any newspaper article from the uk - they all stink. The Brits think they should automatically beat their 18 medals that they won in the 2008 olympics, but they won't. The Brit press have hyped the team up so much that they cannot cope with the pressure, but that's the Brit press for you. I hate them.

Oh my! Men's sync diving is amazing!!! GB and USA have stunning divers! Go GB! Beat China!!!!!

Holland, small country, and very proud of our silver, and gold medal. Two medals so far, the gold medal was won by cyclist Marianne Vos; it's the one medal she never won before.

This is how Jan Moir a female columnist from the Daily Mail described our hero.

"We got our first medal, courtesy of cyclist Lizzie Armitstead. What an utter darling. According to commentators, she had ‘fresh legs in good shape’, which she used to batter heroically through a torrential rainstorm, only to come second to some bitch from Holland. Never mind, after the 80-mile race Lizzie emerged without a speck of mud on her flawless complexion, manicure perfect, looking ready for her close-up."

Oh dear, that type of press is beyond meanness it's pathetic and sad.

Congratulations, Robert, on your country's sporting achievements. Coming from a very sports minded country myself, I know what an amazing affect sporting victories can have a the entire populations' spirit.