• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Olympics 2012

On a serious note though, a lot of time and effort has gone into these games, so I sincerely hope that it is a success. One has to pray that no crazy organisation (no not KRU), attempts to spoil it like they did at Munich in the 70s. So fingers crossed, let's all sit back and enjoy - even the weather's turned good.

Mitt Romney, in London for big-ticket fundraisers and to attend the Opening Ceremonies, also stirred things up by seeming to question London’s Olympic spirit and readiness during a round of media interviews. In response, a defensive Prime Minister David Cameron alluded to the Salt Lake City Winter Olympics, which Romney ran, by saying, “Of course, it’s easier if you hold an Olympic Games in the middle of nowhere.”

Miffed by the Republican presidential candidate’s comments, the saucy Daily Mail retorted, “Who invited him?”

Asshole - let them eat cake lol

He's like an invited guest who shows up and sneers at the furniture. The irony of all his comments is that he is over there trying to look statesman-like and show off his diplomatic skills on the world stage. To prove that he can look diplomatic and presidential abroad. His handlers need to give him a slap upside the head. If you really can't help being that arrogant and condescending in private...then keep it to yourself in public.

Mark Twain : It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Anyway Jon.... :) Which events of the games are you most looking forward to?

Count down till the opening ceremony in progress. In Holland the TV stations start hours before.... to warm us up. And new for me, this year 14 streams on the Internet so you can choose to watch your favorite event uninterrupted.

Gymnastics... diving... Naked Sword fighting...

2654f6f6cbf9fdb11445e210a401a4e8.jpg

Last edited:
He sounds like a modern day George W Bush

We sort of think he might be heading to Warsaw next to tell a few Polish jokes. Please notice that I am not laughing!

Almost anything except the team stuff, although mens beach vollyball can be interesting. LOVE swiming and diving! I am a winter olympics nut.

He's like an invited guest who shows up and sneers at the furniture. The irony of all his comments is that he is over there trying to look statesman-like and show off his diplomatic skills on the world stage. To prove that he can look diplomatic and presidential abroad. His handlers need to give him a slap upside the head. If you really can't help being that arrogant and condescending in private...then keep it to yourself in public.

Mark Twain : It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

I love that quote! And I remember it every time I say/post something in haste, and show off my foolishness.

Didn't they use that quote A LOT during the Bush years? Republicans don't have a very good record, in terms of foreign relations.

Well I hope you enjoyed the opening ceremony. It was okay if you understood British history but kinda confusing if you didn't. Best part was the lighting of the flame - totally unique. Worst part - Paul McCartney singing - he's past it.

He's done more harm to his chances of becoming the new president by upsetting your closest allies. But we're used to people who say before they think; we've enough of them here in this country. Nice to see the lovely Mrs Obama there tonight, she looked far more interested in the event than our Queen who looked rather tired and bored.

Shrinkage happens...to everybody it seems!

Any More Questions?

Dear Denny Bear,

If this is any clue to the lack of security or personal privacy at the Airport, what's up with Michael Phelps' package??? Doesn't appear his size is "World Class" to me? Or is this an example of the "Airport Security" having a "little fun" playing musical dicks and not letting us in on it. Perhaps this is really Mitt Romney between the hips, after opening his big stupid mouth about questionable security at the Olympics? I say if Mitt's punishment fits, then wear it! I guess seeing all that water from the Atlantic, shrinkage really happens!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DoARSlv-HU

Sincerely shrinkage-free,

Stimpy

Anyway Jon.... :) Which events of the games are you most looking forward to?

Swimming, diving (watch out for super Brit cutey Tom Daley), athletics, volleyball. Not keen on gymnastics, wresting, boxing. Talking of boxing, did you see Mohammed Ali tonight at the opening ceremony ? TBH had the commentator not mentioned his name I would have not recognised him. :eek:(