• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

March Madness "Duke-North Carolina"

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
Tonight, is another episode in what is arguably college basketball's greatest rivalry. Both teams are 13-2 in the ACC, (as well as both being 26-4 overall). Tonight's winner becomes the ACC regular season championship and draws the #1 seed in the ACC tournament next weekend in Atlanta.

North Carolina is a physically superior team, loaded with potentially high NBA draft picks. Duke is winning with great three point shooters, and a great coach leading the way. I am a huge Duke fan, and as posting on this board helped my football team, the New York Giants win the Super Bowl, I figure why not mention my Duke Blue Devils here. It couldn't hurt.

GO DUKE !!!

Attachments

• duke.jpg
    duke.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 70
  • rivers.jpg
    rivers.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 88
  • imagesCACYNUWN.jpg
    imagesCACYNUWN.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 65
  • imagesCAZ0M109.jpg
    imagesCAZ0M109.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 63
Tonight, is another episode in what is arguably college basketball's greatest rivalry. Both teams are 13-2 in the ACC, (as well as both being 26-4 overall). Tonight's winner becomes the ACC regular season championship and draws the #1 seed in the ACC tournament next weekend in Atlanta.

North Carolina is a physically superior team, loaded with potentially high NBA draft picks. Duke is winning with great three point shooters, and a great coach leading the way. I am a huge Duke fan, and as posting on this board helped my football team, the New York Giants win the Super Bowl, I figure why not mention my Duke Blue Devils here. It couldn't hurt.

GO DUKE !!!

I'm right there with you mikey. Some of my favorite college b-ballers over the years played for Duke. Go Blue Devils - win tonight, next the ACC championship and on to the NCAA's and go all the way there, too! And hopefully Broke Straight Boys good luck will allow Duke do to UNC what the Giants did to the Pats!!!

Last edited:
I'm right there with you mikey. Some of my favorite college b-ballers over the years played for Duke. Go Blue Devils - win tonight, next the ACC championship and on to the NCAA's and go all the way there, too! And hopefully Broke Straight Boys good luck will allow Duke do to UNC what the Giants did to the Pats!!!

I am hopeful and appreciate the support. Go Duke. :thumbup:

I have never been a big basketball fan in spite of the fact that my Dad won a college b-ball scholarship and both of my brothers were players in high school and college. It just wasn't for me ( wonder why?). However I have always pulled for Duke. I wish them the best of luck.

It's nice to have another Dukie on board, Stowe, but UNC is loaded with great players, Barnes, Zeller, Henson, Marshall.

I am hopeful and appreciate the support. Go Duke. :thumbup:

Well mikey, they didn't win tonight, but you know tournaments bring out a whole new set of dynamics. Duke can still win the ACC tourney and you know how the NCAA's go. As Yogi would say, "It ain't over, 'til it's over!" GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!

Well mikey, they didn't win tonight, but you know tournaments bring out a whole new set of dynamics. Duke can still win the ACC tourney and you know how the NCAA's go. As Yogi would say, "It ain't over, 'til it's over!" GO BLUE DEVILS!!!!!!

But you are correct, that if they can pull off winning the ACC tournament next weekend in Atlanta, they could still gain one of the four #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament.

But as much as I hate to do it, I must congratulate the North Carolina Tar Heels. They are an excellent team, that could cut down the nets on the first Monday in April. They played a dominant game and they are a worthy victor, (even if I still hate them). :stress:

You are great, Stowe!, first in backing me up in anticipation of last night's game, and even more important for your total support and optimism in the wake of a humiliating loss.

But you are correct, that if they can pull off winning the ACC tournament next weekend in Atlanta, they could still gain one of the four #1 seeds in the NCAA tournament.

But as much as I hate to do it, I must congratulate the North Carolina Tar Heels. They are an excellent team, that could cut down the nets on the first Monday in April. They played a dominant game and they are a worthy victor, (even if I still hate them). :stress:

Back in the dark ages when I was in college, I worked for the Athletic Director. He was also Bball coach. And one thing he taught me and has stuck with me o'er these many years is that in defeat you should also acknowledge the attributes of the victor. Our hated rival was Mt. St. Mary's and it was hard to do that when they won, but it was a good life lesson.

So I join you in congratulating the Tar Heels, but still hope we beat their butts in the ACC tourney - tournaments cause strange things to happen. I remember a few years ago Pitt won the Big East regular season and everyone thought they'w win the Big East tourney, and they lost in the second round. So you knows?