• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

NCAA Basketball Tournament - 2017

mikeyank

Long time forumite
Reaction score
Today the brackets were announced for this years version of March Madness. I am a huge Duke fan and they are playing very well, having won four games in four days to win their conference, the ACC Championship on Saturday. Duke is a #2 seed. The four top teams this year are Villanova, University of North Carolina, Gonzaga and Kansas. Anyone here have any interest in the tournament? I like Duke, but that's no secret. lol :par50:

28812_celebrationcompilation_ianjaffep.jpg

22281724-standard.png

My Washington State Zags will go all the way this year and win the title they deserve..... fuck Duke!!!!!! lol

Duke cant win when not seeded #1 how can you win a national championship when you can't even win your division lolololol

Two shockers in a row for me, mikey. 'Nova (my youngest son is an alum) and then Duke. But I still have a few who I can root for. Gonzaga, my jesuitical roots run deep, being one of them.

I have to admit that it is hard for me to get back into the tournament after the stinging defeat for Duke last weekend by South Carolina, but as long as the South Carolina Game Cocks, (gotta love their team nickname. lol) are in the tournament I have a team to root for as I'd love to be able to say that Duke got knocked off by the eventual National champs.

But last night was an all time classic back and forth ending to the Kentucky - North Carolina game, although I hate the North Carolina Tar "Holes", (sorry Gage Owens if you are reading this. I love you but hate UNC. lol). We have an interesting Final Four with two #1 seeds and a #6 and a #7 and this is the first time that Gonzaga has ever been to the Final Four. It should be interesting next weekend but for me it's wait till next year for Duke! :frown:

d8e6efcc77612bcd835418719db2ada0.jpg

I gotta' go with the Zags - my Jesuit roots run deep.

I understand that this is 2017 and I am going back 25 years to 1992, but this is my far and away favorite moment as a Duke fan and it is still considered by some to be the greatest shot ever in NCAA Tournament play!

Christian-Laettner-the-shot-1.jpg

christian-laettner_display_image.jpg

laettner-shot.jpg

laettner.jpg

Your right it's 2017 so quit posting old shit from the good ol days.... lol
If he didn't post "old shit", he wouldn't have anything to say....hmmmm....lol

He should start a thread under the title "Mikeyank's History Lesson" so his old shit won't be scattered all over the forum. lololol

Last edited:
How about winning the 2015 Championship? Is that too old for you two "youngsters" too??????

02.jpg

48056.jpg

duke-ring-040715-ftr-twitterjpg_gta6fd7eb2ih1acmbz6y3dd06.jpg

I'll take Duke's success rate in college basketball anytime and anyplace. I am proud to be a DUKE fan!!!!!!!!!:smiley-love001:

My Gonzaga Bulldogs made it to the finals woohoo!!! So proud of them....
As much as I hate to say this, now that it is down to Gonzaga and North Carolina, I have to be rooting for The Zags! Go Bulldogs! Although their team doesn't have the usual abundance of cuties as in the past, I do kind of like looking at back up big man Zach Collins!!!!! :drool:

10044578_G.jpg
Zach-Collins-Wiki.jpg
SRX_GU_PORTLAND_3_t1024.jpg