• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Oh and one edit: a big 🖕 to humidity. God it was awful today, I went for a walk to hopefully clear my headache (it worked) and I came back all swampy.
It sounds like you are having the same weather in New England as we are having in New York City, Chac. The three H’s are set in Heat, Haze & Humidity! I was out at 7:30 AM this morning and it feels icky already. The forecast is to reach 90F with a heat index of 102, later.

By the way Chac, if you didn’t check out the latest after scene yesterday, Archie shouts out of some of us on the forum, and he said your name twice. You’ve made an impression on him! :wink:

Here are my morning pics trying to show the hazy skies with the hot sun peaking through. Try to have a good Monday all, wherever you are!!!

IMG_5211.jpeg
IMG_5213.jpeg

It sounds like you are having the same weather in New England as we are having in New York City, Chac. The three H’s are set in Heat, Haze & Humidity! I was out at 7:30 AM this morning and it feels icky already. The forecast is to reach 90F with a heat index of 102, later.

By the way Chac, if you didn’t check out the latest after scene yesterday, Archie shouts out of some of us on the forum, and he said your name twice. You’ve made an impression on him! :wink:

Here are my morning pics trying to show the hazy skies with the hot sun peaking through. Try to have a good Monday all, wherever you are!!!

View attachment 183077View attachment 183078

Oh wow, I didn't realize that, I haven't watched this weeks scene yet! I'm all excited now 😁

I had a dentist appointment this morning and I walked past a butcher shop on Court Street in Boerum Hill, not too far from my neighborhood, but I never particularly noticed the butcher shop. However I saw a large print out of a New York Times article and saw that it is the oldest butcher shop in New York City, opened in 1917. Here are some pics and I also showed the block across the street. Just something new to me that I hadn’t noticed previously. Pretty cool stuff.

IMG_5216.jpeg
IMG_5217.jpeg
IMG_5218.jpeg
IMG_5219.jpeg

Today is still plenty hot here with a high in the upper eighties expected today. However the string of exceptionally humid days with poor air quality has left us for at least a day, and so the sun is shining and the sky is blue and it feels kind of nice out. It’d be a great day to walk in one of the parks and enjoy both nature and the young guys out and about in shorts, sexy shirts and no shirts at all. But I worked hard yesterday and after my chores outside, I think it’s going to be a YouTube and air conditioner day for me. :001_smile:

IMG_5227.jpeg
IMG_5224.jpeg
IMG_5226.jpeg

So I got a job. I am a security guard. I had to have CPR training. It only lightly triggered my PTSD. And I was paid minimum wage during the training. Lots of strange and complex feelings.

So I got a job. I am a security guard. I had to have CPR training. It only lightly triggered my PTSD. And I was paid minimum wage during the training. Lots of strange and complex feelings.
That's awesome that you have a job! Sucks it was minimum wage for training 😞

Hopefully the security guard pay will be significantly higher than minimum. Treb, you are doing the whole college student thing, with a summer job and all. :wink:

This morning is not as humid or as hot yet as it has been and is supposed to be getting in the next few days. So when I went outside I decided to head down to Brooklyn Bridge Park for a walk through some of the paths and down to the marina. It may be my last chance for the next week as we return to “tropical conditions”. 🥵

IMG_5235.jpeg
IMG_5234.jpeg

The icky weather continues for another day with gray skies and a layer of sticky hot air hanging over the city. But Friday is supposed to be cooler and drier, good weather to be outdoors again. I’m off to work today but it is air conditioned and I have a lot I want to accomplish so all is good. My work days make me appreciate my semi-retired days so it is a good balance. Wishing all a good day!!!

IMG_5242.jpeg
IMG_5241.jpeg

The icky weather continues for another day with gray skies and a layer of sticky hot air hanging over the city. But Friday is supposed to be cooler and drier, good weather to be outdoors again. I’m off to work today but it is air conditioned and I have a lot I want to accomplish so all is good. My work days make me appreciate my semi-retired days so it is a good balance. Wishing all a good day!!!

View attachment 183107View attachment 183106

You are not kidding Mike, it's disgusting outside. In my air-conditioned condo, I'm running around 65% humidity, and much higher if I shut it off. I usually turn it off during the day when I'm at work, but I don't want mold growing so I am leaving the AC on pretty much all day now, the power bill is gonna suck hard this month 😭

You are not kidding Mike, it's disgusting outside. In my air-conditioned condo, I'm running around 65% humidity, and much higher if I shut it off. I usually turn it off during the day when I'm at work, but I don't want mold growing so I am leaving the AC on pretty much all day now, the power bill is gonna suck hard this month 😭

Yeah it is super hot. I wish ac was more efficient. It is 75% of my bill.

The heat wave in the Northeast has ended for now. Today is in the low 80’s F with sunshine and a cool breeze. An ideal summer day. I’d been putting off a trip to the post office to pick up some pretty forever stamps to use on birthday and other greeting cards. Today there was no excuse not to go. My local post office is in the beautiful former main post office for Brooklyn, that was moved to a modern facility elsewhere, but my local post office is still in the magnificent Romanesque Revival building from 1885 with an extension added in 1930. Brooklyn Borough Hall is nearby in the same area. Later I’m going to another magnificent Brooklyn building, The Brooklyn Museum. Today is a great day to be out and about. :thumbup1:

IMG_5251.jpeg
IMG_5253.jpeg
IMG_5254.jpeg

I did meet friends at the Brooklyn Museum in the later afternoon yesterday, followed by a nice dinner in a nearby restaurant in Prospect Heights. Here are a couple of pics of the beautiful museum which is the second largest art museum in New York City, second only on to the Metropolitan Museum on Fifth Avenue in Manhattan. The museum was opened in 1823.

IMG_5255.jpeg
IMG_5256.jpeg

My day is going well on this mid summer morning. It is a pleasant day outside with sunshine and reasonable humidity. Not a bad day at all to be outside. Wishing a good day to all!

IMG_5258.jpeg
IMG_5259.jpeg

What a day. Second day of real work in a year and a half and Biden drops out of the race. I am so tired I can barely think. Man, I wish I had a boyfriend whose chest I could bury my face into or something.

I’m feeling good on this Thursday, (aside from the Mets crushing the Yankees last night),::( But otherwise I had a productive day at work yesterday and am looking forward to a good weekend, (four days in my current semi-retired life). Today is still cloudy with moderate humidity. But tommorow is forecast to be beautiful with sun and low humidity. And the weekend good as well. We deserve some nice weather after so much of this summer being usually nothing but icky heat. :wink:

IMG_5269.jpeg
IMG_5272.jpeg

I was out again this afternoon enjoying the nice weather, and instead of walking along the East River, I took the route to DUMBO through the streets that lead me to the walkway entrance to The Brooklyn Bridge. Just past the entrance is Washington Street where the tourists take their selfies through the portal of The Manhattan Bridge where it appears that The Empire State Building is right there, while it is just an optical illusion.

As I listen to the folks talking, it is apparent that this is a multi-national destination. I love living in a tourist destination. :001_smile:

IMG_5283.jpeg
IMG_5284.jpeg
IMG_5285.jpeg
IMG_5286.jpeg
IMG_5287.jpeg
IMG_5289.jpeg
IMG_5292.jpeg