• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Today was another spectacular day and I was out in the park taking it all in and getting a great walk in too. :sun:

IMG_5335.jpeg
IMG_5337.jpeg
IMG_5338.jpeg
IMG_5333.jpeg

My day involved rewashing my towels that I did yesterday, I didn't notice that someone must have left something in the dryer and it left crap all over them 🤬

I did go grocery shopping if that counts for getting out LOL

Today is a spectacular day, sunny, breezy and cool. It’s hard to remember how hot and humid and uncomfortable last week was. I know it’s only August 13th and we could have plenty more of the icky hot weather, but for today it feels real nice being out & about. I’m heading into Manhattan later to meet a friend on the Upper Westside to go to a museum and have dinner. I wish everyone a Happy Tuesday!!!

IMG_5352.jpeg
IMG_5350.jpeg
IMG_5349.jpeg

I did go to The New York Historical Society on Central Park West yesterday. It is across the street from The Museum of Natural History. I discovered that the society was founded in 1804 as New York's first museum. There was a very interesting collection of things about New York City and the United States, I intend to go back at some point by myself where I can spend more time. From West 76th Street I could see down to 59th Street and “Billionaire’s Row” with the pencil thin sky scrapers that can be seen throughout the lower portion of Central Park. Here are a few pics I took while waiting for my friend to arrive.

IMG_5353.jpeg
IMG_5357.jpeg
IMG_5355.jpeg
IMG_5356.jpeg

Today I rested most of the day, slept unusually late for me on non work days. But when I went out in the afternoon, this tree or plant really fascinated me. It’s kind of unusual, and I wondered if any botanists can identify what it is? Sure is pretty though. :001_smile:

IMG_5370.jpeg
IMG_5369.jpeg

Today I rested most of the day, slept unusually late for me on non work days. But when I went out in the afternoon, this tree or plant really fascinated me. It’s kind of unusual, and I wondered if any botanists can identify what it is? Sure is pretty though. :001_smile:

View attachment 183186View attachment 183187

It may be a PeeGee Hydrangea according to my GoogleFu...

How's everyone's week been? I've been enjoying the cooler weather, it's been absolutely gorgeous at night for sleeping 😴

Work has been a challenge this week, I've had multiple projects coming due and a few escalated issues that are proving to be quite the challenge to get figured out and fixed. But next week is v-a-c-a-tion! No plans to go anywhere, but I do plan on relaxing and watching some TV to unwind. I've been feeling a bit frazzled lately, but I think that is because I am going from like 630 am to 9 ish PM before I get to finally just sit and relax.

Hope everyone has an amazing week!

Pleasant weather-wise. Getting antsy about my student loan still not processed. School starts next Tuesday! So summer vacation is almost over. Mind-boggling to think of it that way, even three semesters in.

How's everyone's week been? I've been enjoying the cooler weather, it's been absolutely gorgeous at night for sleeping 😴

Work has been a challenge this week, I've had multiple projects coming due and a few escalated issues that are proving to be quite the challenge to get figured out and fixed. But next week is v-a-c-a-tion! No plans to go anywhere, but I do plan on relaxing and watching some TV to unwind. I've been feeling a bit frazzled lately, but I think that is because I am going from like 630 am to 9 ish PM before I get to finally just sit and relax.

It's been nice and hot here in So Calif. not looking forward to my electric bill the ac been running 24/7.
Sounds like you and Treb put in some long hours, enjoy your time off next week!

Pleasant weather-wise. Getting antsy about my student loan still not processed. School starts next Tuesday! So summer vacation is almost over. Mind-boggling to think of it that way, even three semesters in.
I’m enjoying the cooler weather in the northeast too. This is busy season at my part time job and I’m working four days instead of two. But it feels good being productive and in a few weeks it’s back to my regular schedule.

Thank you Chac and Treb for not giving up on this forum. It’s a shell of what it once was, but you guys are very cool for your contributions. I for one am very appreciative. :thumbup:

My nights rant is about skunks. Why did our creator (call it God, evolution or whatever makes you happy LOL) decide to create an animal that smells so damn foul?? 😭😭. It's so bad I can taste it. I'm guessing one of the coyotes or neighborhood dogs got a bit too close 🦨🏴‍☠️☠️💀💀💀

I’ve lived in New York City my whole life but only saw a handful of Broadway shows until the last couple of years. Yesterday afternoon I saw Back to the Future and it was terrific fun. I was also surprised how packed Times Square was mostly with tourists on a sunny warm Sunday in August. It was a good day. :thumbup:

IMG_5396.jpeg
IMG_5402.jpeg
IMG_5400.jpeg

I’ve lived in New York City my whole life but only saw a handful of Broadway shows until the last couple of years. Yesterday afternoon I saw Back to the Future and it was terrific fun. I was also surprised how packed Times Square was mostly with tourists on a sunny warm Sunday in August. It was a good day. :thumbup:

View attachment 183193View attachment 183194View attachment 183195

Crazy. I have been to NY many times but not for like 25 years. I bet it has changed a lot.

Crazy. I have been to NY many times but not for like 25 years. I bet it has changed a lot.
That’s an interesting question if NYC has changed significantly over the past 25 years. To me a native New Yorker who has lived here my whole life, I don’t see radical changes. But I suppose it has changed of course since 9-11 and during the Pandemic shut down in 2020-2021, Manhattan became a ghost town. But now there are more tourists than ever before and new building going up every day, so I guess it has changed but in my opinion mainly for the better!