• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Today is a bit cooler but with more sun as we approach New Year’s Eve. Have a great day to all. :thumbup:

IMG_4526.jpeg

Has anyone heard from @br6205 ? Don't think I have seen him posting lately.... Hope all is well with our friend
His last posts were Sunday night, and as his pattern is to post daily, I'm worried about him due to his age and health issues. For him to take a nearly one week break is highly unusual, and I hope that we have not lost our friend.

His last posts were Sunday night, and as his pattern is to post daily, I'm worried about him due to his age and health issues. For him to take a nearly one week break is highly unusual, and I hope that we have not lost our friend.

Well I have been worried about our friend and unfortunately I think I found an obituary for Br 🥺😔 The details line up with what I knew of him, his location and the timeline of his last posting. I'm so sad if this truly was him (my Google-fu could be wrong and I hope I am).

I don't mean to be so vague, but I don't want to dox him or his family if it really was Br, so I won't post a link to what I did find.

Well I have been worried about our friend and unfortunately I think I found an obituary for Br 🥺😔 The details line up with what I knew of him, his location and the timeline of his last posting. I'm so sad if this truly was him (my Google-fu could be wrong and I hope I am).

I don't mean to be so vague, but I don't want to dox him or his family if it really was Br, so I won't post a link to what I did find.
Thank you Chac for sharing this most disturbing information. I sent you a private message sharing what I know. Hopefully it is not him. Also out of respect to him, I will not be posting on this thread anymore unless he is okay and does return.

Thank you for the sad update. I think that he was from the New Jersey area, but that is just my recolletion and I could be mistaken about that.

Sorry I've been super busy here. I already had my friend, his girlfriend and two kids staying here. One of my teammates had an emergency issue with the place he was staying at so I let him and his 3 boys stay here. Needless to say it was a full house but a lot of fun especially having a bunch of friends to celebrate the 4th with. Haven't really had something like that since I lived in Colorado so it was nice and the kids got along really well. Kind of felt like a straight household haha.

Thinking about this thread. Is it better to try to preserve in amber, or keep the spirit going? I definitely can't commit to posting daily, but in honor of our departed friend, I would like to try some forward movement. I didn't know him well, but I think he'd want people to keep living and moving forward.

So, I hope everyone has a beautiful and wonderful and painless day.

Thinking about this thread. Is it better to try to preserve in amber, or keep the spirit going? I definitely can't commit to posting daily, but in honor of our departed friend, I would like to try some forward movement. I didn't know him well, but I think he'd want people to keep living and moving forward.

So, I hope everyone has a beautiful and wonderful and painless day.
Good idea, Br would have liked that!

I overslept today, but that as fine since its a sunday( or at least I tell myself that lol.) I try to take saturdays off work, but its so hard whenever I have a workaholic mindset. I fear that resting for even a moment will cause me to loose all momentum.

LOL, I didn't get up till almost 11:30 today 🙃. Though I didn't fall asleep till 2 am though 😭

Definitely had the "I didn't get anything done today" feeling after getting up so late, it throws you off

LOL, I didn't get up till almost 11:30 today 🙃. Though I didn't fall asleep till 2 am though 😭

Definitely had the "I didn't get anything done today" feeling after getting up so late, it throws you off
I get that. I have a very tight and exact schedule everyday, and if i don’t follow it precisely then it affects me greatly. I agree and understand how even something as small as oversleeping can throw someone off.

Monday is usually the same as any other day except a little busier since the post office is open. Everything that got ordered over the weekend I usually package and drop off today. USPS hours will always frustrate me.

Monday is usually the same as any other day except a little busier since the post office is open. Everything that got ordered over the weekend I usually package and drop off today. USPS hours will always frustrate me.
You do some kind of shipping as your main job?

Unrelated, what anime characters are those on your left forearm?

I wondered if that was Misato but couldn't get a good angle. The guy is Kaji?

Somehow I didn't notice your right forearm. I'll check it out sometime.

I'm able to post daily right now because I am in my last week of winter break before the new semester.

I wasn't sure the appropriateness of it yesterday but it was two weeks since BR's passing. Not an anniversary I care to mark, but one that may be seared on my brain.

When thinking about what to write, I thought about Monday and made a couple references. So I'll toss in some not fact-checked thoughts about Tuesday. Maybe start a short theme. Please feel free to correct me.

I believe Tuesday is a distortion of Tiw's day. Tiw can also be Tyr or Tiwaz. An old Norse god of war. The English days are largely named for Norse/Germanic gods, which makes sense with the Angles and Saxons being Germanic tribes.

My being Puerto Rican, I've always heard the Spanish days of the week. Martes is Spanish for Tuesday, and it comes from the Roman god of war Mars (or the planet also named for him). Spanish being a Romance language that also makes sense.

I'm not French or very familiar with the language, but I remember that Mardi Gras means Fat Tuesday and I think Mardi has the same origin as Martes. I guess Gras means fat or big or grand. That reminds me of that awful foie gras thing where you fatten up a duck by forcefeeding it. Any francophones out there know if I'm on the mark? Does mark also come from Mars? I'm pretty sure Mark as a name does.

Anyway, I hope everyone has a great day and your Tuesday is a good news day!