• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Hi, how is your day going.

Sunday. The week is complete! I hope Baruch, wherever he may be, can feel my affection for him. It's hard to think of something different to say daily. That ends now, but I will try to drop in to wish people good and painless days now and again.

Speaking of pain, I already have homework and classes won't even start 'til Tuesday! But, like sex, it's a good pain? Or something. I dunno. (I am going to be great at giving closing statements at trial.)

Have a restful and/or fun Sunday, my friends.

Is Sunday the start of the week, or the end?

We have not had a day with one inch or more of snow in New York City since February of 2022, a record snow drought since they have been keeping records, that’s over 700 days without one inch or more. However today the drought may end. Right now there is a light snow coming down and it appears to be under an inch but the forecast is up to four inches. While that’s not much, as I spoke to a vendor at work yesterday who is in Nebraska and she told me that they had eleven inches, and of course in Buffalo it’s been coming down for a week with several feet fallen so far.

But for the first inch in New York City in almost two years, I thought a pic was in order.

IMG_4554.jpeg

P.S. I had said last month that I would no longer post on this thread, but as others have continued to do so, I decided that it is a good thread to talk about our days and so I will utilize it from time to time. Hoping everyone is having a good one. :thumbup1:

I had a lot of that in my hard today, and I wouldn't call it pleasant!
I have been trying to decipher this statement. Does hard mean yard? And are you just talking about snow? Or cats?

Either way it was the cute snow cat. Not snow or even cats.

The weather was awful and I narrowly avoided an accident multiple times, one of which led me to being stuck on a bus for a couple hours.

I have been trying to decipher this statement. Does hard mean yard? And are you just talking about snow? Or cats?

Either way it was the cute snow cat. Not snow or even cats.

The weather was awful and I narrowly avoided an accident multiple times, one of which led me to being stuck on a bus for a couple hours.
My bad! I meant to type "yard" and my typo made it "hard!" I just edited that post to change "hard" to the intended "yard!" And yes I was making a snow and ice reference! Good close reading on your part!

I have no classes today, but instead of doing homework I did nothing. Actually, I did watch a movie. It was unpleasant and not the gay romance I wanted. Oh well. I better get to that homework. Bleeeaaaqhhhhh.

I have no classes today, but instead of doing homework I did nothing. Actually, I did watch a movie. It was unpleasant and not the gay romance I wanted. Oh well. I better get to that homework. Bleeeaaaqhhhhh.
I've worked every day since 1/8 (either as on call or working). I'm so ready for this weekend, I'm not on call and hopefully I can take a nice snooze in on Saturday and Sunday LOL. In fact, I only have to work a few hours tomorrow and I'll be in overtime for the week.

I've been thinking about going to night school or online classes to finish up my degree. Though it has been probably 20 years since I last took a class at the local college. I hope I don't lose those credits, that would suck 💀

Do it, Doug!!!

(I have no idea if your name is Doug. It's from a movie, and I don't remember who Doug is, but it was said by Jay [of jay and Silent Bob fame] and I love to say it when I am rooting for someone.)

Do it, Doug!!!

(I have no idea if your name is Doug. It's from a movie, and I don't remember who Doug is, but it was said by Jay [of jay and Silent Bob fame] and I love to say it when I am rooting for someone.)
I agree. Do it Doug!!! :001_smile: But seriously I think you should do it Chac. But of course, I have ulterior motives and had fantasized about going back to college……to be around college aged guys. I do have a one track mind. But if you have the time there is no down side to finishing your degree. It may not help you but it sure couldn’t hurt.

The weather In New York City has been rather unfavorable to being outside for the past few weeks, from bitter cold to a messy snow/rain/slush mix to just rain and mist. But yesterday the rain stopped and the temperature was in the upper 40’s Fahrenheit and I decided to get out of my apartment and take a subway ride into midtown Manhattan. It was my first time in the city since Christmas.

I decided to visit The Museum of Modern Art, (MOMA), on West 53rd Street. The day wasn’t great for walking and people watching and the exhibits at the museum didn’t captivate my attention. But overall it was good to get out during the winter on one of my non-work days. I have another museum visit planned for next week with a friend.

Here are a few pics I took yesterday.

IMG_4563.jpeg
IMG_4558.jpeg
IMG_4560.jpeg
IMG_4562.jpeg

I've worked every day since 1/8 (either as on call or working). I'm so ready for this weekend, I'm not on call and hopefully I can take a nice snooze in on Saturday and Sunday LOL. In fact, I only have to work a few hours tomorrow and I'll be in overtime for the week.

I've been thinking about going to night school or online classes to finish up my degree. Though it has been probably 20 years since I last took a class at the local college. I hope I don't lose those credits, that would suck 💀
You should be OK particualarly if you go back to the same school where you earned those credits.

Sorry been MIA I had a colonoscopy and took 24 pills to prepare and ended up getting very sick and throwing up. Took like a week for me to recover from that shit show. :ROFLMAO:

Oh no 😳, very aptly described though 🤣🤣. hopefully you were still able to have it done. My Uncle threw up his last few cups of the big ole jug and they had to reschedule it, so he had to endure the prep twice (and it killed the plant he threw up on from the mix he was drinking 🤣). My Dad did the Gatorade prep and he said that one was the easiest, it was dulcolax, miralax and the Gatorade all consumed on a schedule.

My primary care doc already warned me my turn is coming up late this year or early next (I turn 45 😭), I've been lucky so far and never had to have surgery before where I needed to be sedated or knocked out and I'm PETRIFIED of what shit will come out of my mouth with no filter. I have a bit of a potty mouth and can be snarky at times so a filter is a must for me 💀

Hope you feel better soon!

Oh no 😳, very aptly described though 🤣🤣. hopefully you were still able to have it done. My Uncle threw up his last few cups of the big ole jug and they had to reschedule it, so he had to endure the prep twice (and it killed the plant he threw up on from the mix he was drinking 🤣). My Dad did the Gatorade prep and he said that one was the easiest, it was dulcolax, miralax and the Gatorade all consumed on a schedule.

My primary care doc already warned me my turn is coming up late this year or early next (I turn 45 😭), I've been lucky so far and never had to have surgery before where I needed to be sedated or knocked out and I'm PETRIFIED of what shit will come out of my mouth with no filter. I have a bit of a potty mouth and can be snarky at times so a filter is a must for me 💀

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. Yeah I definitely don't recommend the pills. Luckily I was able to complete the exam. I thought the drinks were bad but the pills were way way worse. I was going to try the Gatorade thing next time.

IMG_4569.jpeg
IMG_4570.jpeg
IMG_4571.jpeg
IMG_4568.jpeg
After a seemingly endless string of cloudy, cold, dank days in New York City, we finally had two still cool, but bright sunny days. Today I met a friend at The Paley Center For Media on West 52nd Street in midtown Manhattan. I’d been there years ago when it was called The Museum of Television & Radio. Back then prior to computers and YouTube it was great to be able to view old programs from my youth. They still have a floor for that, but now with personal computers with headphones at tables where you can search and view and we spent some time on that floor.

But today’s theme at the museum was called “Beyond the Big Game”, all about the history of broadcasting the Super Bowl. There were two floors of artifacts and balls and jerseys and a theater showing old telecasts. That was fun.

And after a really nice lunch at a nearby restaurant as I walked back to the subway on Lexington Avenue, I had to take a few pics on Park Avenue of the majestic buildings plus a glimpse of the iconic Art Deco Chrysler Building. It was a beautiful day to get out and enjoy the city. :001_smile:

IMG_4573.jpeg
IMG_4574.jpeg
IMG_4575.jpeg
IMG_4576.jpeg

And after a really nice lunch at a nearby restaurant as I walked back to the subway on Lexington Avenue, I had to take a few pics on Park Avenue of the majestic buildings plus a glimpse of the iconic Art Deco Chrysler Building. It was a beautiful day to get out and enjoy the city. :001_smile:

View attachment 182256View attachment 182257View attachment 182258View attachment 182259

They have such great buildings and architecture there, unless I win Powerball I'll never be able to afford to live in NYC 🤣

They have such great buildings and architecture there, unless I win Powerball I'll never be able to afford to live in NYC 🤣
I was very fortunate to be born here and to have a very affordable rent stabilized apartment so close to Manhattan. On a beautiful sunny day like yesterday, I still find it awe inspiring just looking up and taking it all in. I’m glad you enjoy my iPhone pics when I post them here. Thanks.

I got a new job in a PRISON!!!!!

I'm looking after them at night. I'm still finishing uni this year, but as I have only 2 modules to complete, and I really really need the money I had to get real life job!!!

I'm not sure I'm cut out for it all as it's quite macho, and I'm just not - but i'm not a proper prison officer, it looks like just normal people look after them at night. Anyway, that's my update. I kind of split up with ryan sadly, and I'm not covered for my house from this month so have got this really weird job. Everybody seems nice, it's a bit out of my comfort zone. My cousin used to watch WWE wrestling and he had a poster of the big boss man who was a prison officer - I keep thinking of myself as him :ROFLMAO: