• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Game - linking songs

Good grief! I am sooo losing it today...I'd better just shut up and link my song

Revisiting another childhood musical choice...

Love, love, love this song!

A few years ago when this song was HOT, The Kings of Leon participated in a concert to help raise money for people who'd suffered massive devastation from bush fires across the state of Victoria, and with the best of intentions they chose not to sing this song because of the fire/burn association. Unfortunately this was a huge disappointment to a lot of people who'd traveled a long way especially to hear 'Your Sex is on Fire' (at that point their other songs were relatively unknown).

The next band in the line up was an classic Aussie band 'Midnight Oil' and they happily sung a classic Aussie song 'Beds are Burning' and the crowd went wild...in a good way!

A case of cultural misunderstanding...

BTW...Pink donated half a million dollars to the cause and is now a much loved 'honorary' Aussie!

Last edited:
I've always considered this song to be very regal and beautiful. A little soft perhaps. But still a good one. :)

Love, love, love this song!

A few years ago when this song was HOT, The Kings of Leon participated in a concert to help raise money for people who'd suffered massive devastation from bush fires across the state of Victoria, and with the best of intentions they chose not to sing this song because of the fire/burn association. Unfortunately this was a huge disappointment to a lot of people who'd traveled a long way especially to hear 'Your Sex is on Fire' (at that point their other songs were relatively unknown).

The next band in the line up was an classic Aussie band 'Midnight Oil' and they happily sung a classic Aussie song 'Beds are Burning' and the crowd went wild...in a good way!

A case of cultural misunderstanding...

BTW...Pink donated half a million dollars to the cause and is now a much loved 'honorary' Aussie!

Love KOL Grace and my friend plays in a band and they play Sex on Fire in their portfolio. My late dad's album collection which I now have includes an album by Midnight Oil which he bought purely for Beds are burning. Major disasters as you quote are terrifying and being burned or drowned are 2 types of death I would not like. It's good that bands can put together concerts like that and Live Aid to generate much needed aid for the affected.

Kings. Queen. Regal. Trumpets blaring in a palace reception and celebration. :)

Kings. Queen. Regal. Trumpets blaring in a palace reception and celebration. :)

Now that's what I call word association!!!

Distance made me thing of long distance relationships, which made me think of this one... and even if the title doesn't match up, the lyrics do include the words "miles away" and "long distance".