• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

What's Life Like in New York City?

Mike, I am glad you developed a love of history. I had an interest in history dating back to my childhood & it was a battle to choose between history and my eventual career choice.

That's some great historical background! Thanks. And I love the picture of what used to be a main aquaduct into the city. :)

Sunday, August 7, 2022

Just a few random pics from my short walk to the connivence store, supermarket and deli on this very hot Sunday morning.

B7CDE05F-1CAF-4782-9EC0-F1B040B8DA31.jpg

89ED6BA2-A5E5-4577-8889-FD0B8BF65BB6.jpg

2AFCA3DA-45C9-49D9-AFE7-BE44E9D63917.jpg

64C30F9A-4DEB-490B-9CA6-E400D84ED63F.jpg

Now I shall spend the rest of the day in my air conditioned apartment, watching the Yankees hopefully win a game for a change. Tomorrow begins my two day work week, although I do expect to be asked to start working four days a week over the next few weeks as it is the beginning of busy season at work.

Thank you for those great pictures. Don't overdo the working, my friend.

Thank you for those great pictures. Don't overdo the working, my friend.
Thank you br. I do live in a beautiful neighborhood and I am happy to share pics of it here on the forum. As far as the extra work days, it is a trade off with my company. I get the connivence of putting in two days a week for most of the year, but I’ve agreed to help them out with the extra days three or four weeks a year, and that time will be starting shortly.

Thanks for the great pics! I enjoy them!, It's nice to see different areas. I used to love just driving up in Maine, all the old buildings and corn fields. Oh, the corn, so sweet picked fresh off the stock. Yum!!!

Thanks Chac. I enjoy sharing my pics of my neighborhood with the forum. I’m pleased that you are enjoying them.

Mike I just posted this gif on the sports thread I thought you might like here .

31.jpg

Mike I just posted this gif on the sports thread I thought you might like here .

View attachment 79720
From his uniform he plays for The Giants but I’m afraid I don’t know who he is. The Giants play their first pre-season game on Thursday but I doubt if I will watch much. But when the regular season starts I will be in front of my TV. I watch every game, but it has been more a chore than a pleasure in recent years. But I am a loyal fan.

But who is he and why did you post him on the “What’s Life Like in New York City” thread?

Last edited:
I posted him on the sports thread but knowing you did not look I wanted to brighten your day before work. And as for the connection, well the giants are part of the life of the city are they not?

Living in New York City, it is very common to see streets closed off for movie and television production shoots. This morning on my way to do errands on Atlantic Avenue, I was stopped from walking as a film crew was shooting outside of the Key Food supermarket on Clinton Street & Atlantic Avenue. After they let me through and I finished my chores, the set had cleared, but these are a few remnants of today’s shoot that I was able to photograph.

264BF735-9615-41F7-B77C-F747E04EC563.jpg

FB181B5C-E492-4E95-ABBD-F1CB3AB724BC.jpg

EC5835C2-91D8-4964-9095-C4FD8260FFD5.jpg

I posted him on the sports thread but knowing you did not look I wanted to brighten your day before work. And as for the connection, well the giants are part of the life of the city are they not?

I concede the point that the football Giants "are a part of the life of the city", but for decades they have played in New Jersey and not New York, having abandoned New York City for the New Jersey Meadowlands. Shortly after the Giants made that move and induced the Jets to go with them (almost an imitation of the old Brooklyn Dodgers moving to LA, and then Dodger owner Walter O'Malley talking the then baseball Giants owner Horace Stoneham to move the baseball Gants to San Francisco, without which O'Malley would probably have not received permission to move). Shortly after the football Giants and Jets abandoned New York City for the New Jersey Meadowlands, former morning drive time radio DJ Don Imus loudly declared, "as a loyal New Yorker, I am, from this day onward, rooting for New York State's only NFL team, the Buffalo Bills!" In the interest of full disclosure, my fav NFL team is the Jets, equally guilty as the Giants. But at least we have a hotter looking quarterback!

I concede the point that the football Giants "are a part of the life of the city", but for decades they have played in New Jersey and not New York, having abandoned New York City for the New Jersey Meadowlands. Shortly after the Giants made that move and induced the Jets to go with them (almost an imitation of the old Brooklyn Dodgers moving to LA, and then Dodger owner Walter O'Malley talking the then baseball Giants owner Horace Stoneham to move the baseball Gants to San Francisco, without which O'Malley would probably have not received permission to move). Shortly after the football Giants and Jets abandoned New York City for the New Jersey Meadowlands, former morning drive time radio DJ Don Imus loudly declared, "as a loyal New Yorker, I am, from this day onward, rooting for New York State's only NFL team, the Buffalo Bills!" In the interest of full disclosure, my fav NFL team is the Jets, equally guilty as the Giants. But at least we have a hotter looking quarterback!

Well my Pats also have a hot QB.

I agree that your quarterback is hotter than our’s. But I would do Daniel Jones. :biggrin:

FFEF7217-AC13-4709-AC96-F87B51363D15.jpg

51B3040A-D187-48CF-A0D7-BA4B0D85D21A.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge Park - August 12, 2022

A beautiful sunny mid August Friday, with temperatures in the low eighties and low humidity. A nice break from the last few weeks.

8A186043-1213-4A18-B77B-DAB988D3536C.jpg

CAA1DB28-E1B6-4209-B97B-1DDE0BDE888B.jpg

F941D89C-7F8B-4438-AF63-18313B7A46A4.jpg

19566935-4673-4B73-8BE7-ADB500B62DB4.jpg

5A4A0D15-8301-448B-9201-CE709681C8F0.jpg

And a bit of history remembering what used to be here.

50601554-2EF2-4843-8C2C-35E18478D02E.jpg

Thank you, Mike, for your latest pictures. Please note I do not use abbreviations when writing for you.