• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Well I need cemo.

It should be known that many tribes have a chief. Most people are not aware it is the clan mothers that appoint the chief in mos t Native American Societies. Yes, Mother always knows best...:001_wub: :biggrin:

Very informative, no i for one wasnt aware of who appointed the chief.

cool where was he from?

Originally my great great grandmother, who was full Cherokee, was from the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. My great grandfather was half. So I think I'm 1/16th. LOL But alas I have no documentation to back it up.

Originally my great great grandmother, who was full Cherokee, was from the Smokey Mountains of North Carolina. My great grandfather was half. So I think I'm 1/16th. LOL But alas I have no documentation to back it up.

Documentation, we don't need no stinking documentation. LOL Unfortunately in this case you do. However; if you have there names you can look for them on the roles. I am not certain of the laws I do believe that if you can prove 1/16 you can still be acknowledged and be adopted by the Tribe. I do believe that you would need to marry someone who is 1/4 or more in the tribe to become considered for the roles though. I know that the Native Americans recognize homosexuals pretty openly. I am not sure they accept gay marriages. I am not that familiar with Native American law in regards to this. Can you speak to this I2?:thumbup:

It may take some time but, You can call the tribe from NC. with your ggmothers name and other names and if their on the roll's you maybe able to get recignised. Or you can call the Bureau Of Indian Affairs in DC. Call 202-289-6322 with the names. I hope this helps.:thumbup:

I just thought about this actually you would probably be more than 1/16 you could be more like 1/8 to 1/4. :thumbup: I2 thank you for shedding some light.:thumbup:

Sorry guy's but at this time I need to cancel my sub. To the site. But I will be back once I get my bill's straightened out. I will miss you all. Good luck and god bless you all.

Your Friend
John

Sorry guy's but at this time I need to cancel my sub. To the site. But I will be back once I get my bill's straightened out. I will miss you all. Good luck and god bless you all.

Your Friend
John

I2, hurry back!! You take care! I send you my best wishes!

Paris

Your Friend
John

What a shame. We'll miss you I2. Please know that we send you our love, prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery. You're a strong man who isn't easily kept down. If you can find a way to keep us informed of your progress please do.

Take care of yourself. We'll be thinking about you.

Thanx tampa and paris, I will be back.

Your Friend
John

We will keep in touch and keep praying for you too. :thumbup:

you can pm with yours and I will keep in touch.

I think my sub end's at mid-night on the 27th witch is tomorrow.

I think my sub end's at mid-night on the 27th witch is tomorrow.

I have been reliably informed that John is good to go for a while. He can continue to post away and be a contributing member of our family.

Jayce