• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Weather

Today is a picture perfect day in NYC, with blue skies, sun shining with a high of 68 degrees predicted. I may take a walk to the new Brooklyn Bridge Park along the East River on the Brooklyn side to check out the beautiful day, and maybe some beautiful guys too!!! :drool:
I did have a great walk through the park today. It was a bit chilly for many shirtless guys, except on the beach volleyball courts, but a lot of people were out walking the 1.3 mile length of the park along the river, with the Manhattan skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge always in the background. I don't have a camera phone, but these are some images of the park from the internet. The first image puts the location in perspective in the lower right part of the picture, with Manhattan on the other side of the Brooklyn Bridge.

f1de507151236a46ebabaed1516988b3.jpg

1907f02362f3f2d79fab5e3427a4e53f.jpg

d4150de935fb545acab0e5d7d0da46b3.jpg

e21f3b3dcdc3028de577cd9ff7b558f1.jpg

60bad9056f50a02b2abfccf2a0e5ee04.jpg

Great pics Mike. Did you take them with your camera phone or a proper camera ? Oops I just read your post lol. Still great pics though.

Well, it certainly looks like I will have a probable hurricane knocking on my windows at around 2 am tonight. I'm pretty much ready for it though. I'm literally within walking distance of the ocean. I can see the waters of Tampa Bay from my living room window on the eighth floor. And I can see the open Gulf of Mexico from the windows at the top of my building. So it could get interesting with storm surge. Hopefully my car will be alright in the parking lot.

They had been saying it would only arrive near us as a tropical storm. Meaning sustained winds of 39-73 mph. We've expected a strong tropical storm in the upper range. Now they're saying it will probably reach hurricane strength tonight as well as being a hurricane before actual landfall tomorrow. I'm not too worried about the hurricane designation in itself, provided it stays a CAT 1. (74-95 mph) The practical difference between a strong 70 mph tropical storm, and a 74-85 mph HURRICANE is...not much. haha Still... The bad news is that a strong tropical storm/low-end hurricane is coming our way. It's still enough to dump lots of rain. (Which we could actually use here by the way.) But we don't want massive street flooding where there are accidents and the flooding out of people's cars. We don't want tornadoes. And regardless as it stands now in Florida...we will have some downed trees or limbs, downed power lines and loss of electricity for some, along with damaged boats and marinas and so on.

Hopefully we won't lose electricity or be put on a boil water alert near where I am. Unfortunately though we are not anywhere near the peak of or the end of the hurricane season yet. If you don't hear from me tomorrow it may be because I have no power.

The Category 3-5's are the ones you have every reason to be fearful of. Those can cause the structural collapse of buildings, toss mobile homes around like they're toys, and can generally be counted on for producing a death toll.

Tropical Depression < 39 mph
Tropical Storm 39-73 mph
CAT 1 74-95 mph
CAT 2 96-110 mph
CAT 3 111-129 mph
CAT 4 130-156 mph
CAT 5 157+ mph

Last edited:
Well, it certainly looks like I will have a probable hurricane knocking on my windows at around 2 am tonight. I'm pretty much ready for it though. I'm literally within walking distance of the ocean. I can see the waters of Tampa Bay from my living room window on the eighth floor. And I can see the open Gulf of Mexico from the windows at the top of my building. So it could get interesting with storm surge. Hopefully my car will be alright in the parking lot.

They had been saying it would only arrive near us as a tropical storm. Meaning sustained winds of 39-73 mph. We've expected a strong tropical storm in the upper range. Now they're saying it will probably reach hurricane strength tonight as well as being a hurricane before actual landfall tomorrow. I'm not too worried about the hurricane designation in itself, provided it stays a CAT 1. (74-95 mph) The practical difference between a strong 70 mph tropical storm, and a 74-85 mph HURRICANE is...not much. haha Still... The bad news is that a strong tropical storm/low-end hurricane is coming our way. It's still enough to dump lots of rain. (Which we could actually use here by the way.) But we don't want massive street flooding where there are accidents and the flooding out of people's cars. We don't want tornadoes. And regardless as it stands now in Florida...we will have some downed trees or limbs, downed power lines and loss of electricity for some, along with damaged boats and marinas and so on.

Hopefully we won't lose electricity or be put on a boil water alert near where I am. Unfortunately though we are not anywhere near the peak of or the end of the hurricane season yet. If you don't hear from me tomorrow it may be because I have no power.

The Category 3-5's are the ones you have every reason to be fearful of. Those can cause the structural collapse of buildings, toss mobile homes around like they're toys, and can generally be counted on for producing a death toll.

Tropical Depression < 39 mph
Tropical Storm 39-73 mph
CAT 1 74-95 mph
CAT 2 96-110 mph
CAT 3 111-129 mph
CAT 4 130-156 mph
CAT 5 157+ mph

Take care Tampa24...will think about you tonight...

Thanks SFP! It actually looks like the storm may be weakening in the last two hours. That would be fine with me.

Well, that turned out to be much ado about nothing. It was nothing more than some rain and wind and high surf in the Bay area. Other parts of Florida had it tougher. We got lucky this time.

Well, that turned out to be much ado about nothing. It was nothing more than some rain and wind and high surf in the Bay area. Other parts of Florida had it tougher. We got lucky this time.
So glad you’re safe and everything was minor

glad your ok

We haven't heard from Mikeyank today. And Hurricane Grace seems to be setting her sights either on or near Long Island. So I certainly hope he is safe and is stocking up on supplies in case he loses electricity. I also hope he checks in with us soon. :)

I am in Northern NJ , the only thing here is cloudy skies and perhaps a bit of rain.

Oops! I confused Grace in Mexico with Henri. :blush:

It's Henri that's headed to New England.

Yes but unless he is on the outer fringes of LI he should be safe, Tampa.

Absolutely Tampa & Br. It is partly cloudy and warm today. As Br said, the eye of Henri is supposed to hit Eastern Long Island sometime tomorrow. I am heading into Manhattan later for dinner. The Yankees are playing right now in The Bronx. I plan to be home tomorrow during any wind and rain. But I appreciate your well wishes. :smile:

Glad to hear from you Mike keep us informed tomorrow if you can.

Oops! I confused Grace in Mexico with Henri. :blush:

It's Henri that's headed to New England.

Up until Noon today, Henri was projected to make land fall in CT on the town where I live. Now it may land closer to New Haven, but I still will get 5-7 inches of rain and high winds threatening my power. So if you do not see me posting for the next few days, I will be waiting to get my power back!

Thanks for the update. Born in Stamford, grew up around but not in New Haven.

Up until Noon today, Henri was projected to make land fall in CT on the town where I live. Now it may land closer to New Haven, but I still will get 5-7 inches of rain and high winds threatening my power. So if you do not see me posting for the next few days, I will be waiting to get my power back!
Last summer I learned a geography lesson when I went to the North Fork of Long Island to go to the wine country. It was my first time out there and I discovered that Connecticut was just across the Long Island Sound. And so I wish you well KG as you are more likely to be affected negatively by Henri than I will up on the high land of Brooklyn Heights. Good luck!

Ss4LuFMZmU8sm-_-0o8BeV-ltAXb94pLJE2_Td5owO1t4MhVRBEreo91GKwx1ShkqO94TjlAPOsoX85otugplJRg8UF517xEkOuncVR-1E0CdRFTgP3-eQ