• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

SAD NEWS-D&E/BluMedia

There are two reasons why nothing will be done. 1) Dustin/Andrew ran from the police 2) he swallowed the baggie to hide evidence.

I'm in no way defending the police, however, this needless death could have been averted had he not run or swallowed the baggie. Using the taser is preferable to using their guns. Right or wrong the police were within their rights to use the taser. Someone else spoke of it as being a misdemeanor. Once he ran, it became a felony. Depending on the amount of weed he had, that may also have been a felony as well. If this wasn't his first offense, and say his third, then he'd be looking at a very long time in prison.

Again, let me assert, I'm NOT defending the actions of the police in this; had Dustin not run he'd still be alive today. That's the real tragedy (a word I'm loathe to use though nothing else seems to fit), it all could have been avoided.

You needn't be loath to use a word that fits, and yes, it could have been avoided, but that was all up the the cops.

I too, am shocked by the news of Dustin's demise and the manner in which he chose to leave this earth. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family, his friends, those who knew him and those who thought they knew him.

We will never know, nor will we ever understand why Dustin chose this path in life, and why that path led to his un-timely death. However the fact remains that we, as individuals choose the road we wish to follow, we, and we alone are responsible for our own actions, and we, as individuals must be prepared to suffer the consequences of our actions. I think it is wrong in this case to blame the police for Dustin's death for it was Dustin who put himself in this situation in the first place. All Dustin had to do was surrender, he was caught, he was being handcuffed, he, or somone he knew, maybe even David, would have posted bail for him and he would have been out of jail by now. Instead, Dustin chose to fight aganist four police officer's, and he broke away from them. The officers did what they had to do to protect themselves and the public. The fact that Dustin was trying to swallow a bag of weed and choked to death on it, can not be blamed on anyone else but Dustin. What a waste of life! May he rest in Peace.

I already anticipate the backlash to this post, as we are all in a state of shock and we want to place blame for this tragic event on someone other than the "victim", and it is always easy to blame the police in situations such as these. Just remember this, when we are dealing with the police, we know who they are, they drive marked cars, they wear uniforms and badges. When the police deal with us, they often do not have a clue as to who we are and what we are capable of. They put their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe, let us never forget that.

Rest in Peace, dear Dustin.

Jason

You needn't be loath to use a word that fits, and yes, it could have been avoided, but that was all up the the cops.

no slim it wasn't. It wasn't the cops who broke away after being handcuffed. I'm as sad as anyone by this, but a little objectivity is called for. If he'd not broken away they never would have tased him. If he'd not swallowed the baggie he never would have choked. In spite of my coming from a long history of policeman in my family, I hold very little love for authority, but the cops aren't solely responsible for this. To think so is to be oblivious to reality.

I too, am shocked by the news of Dustin's demise and the manner in which he chose to leave this earth. My heartfelt condolences go out to his family, his friends, those who knew him and those who thought they knew him.

We will never know, nor will we ever understand why Dustin chose this path in life, and why that path led to his un-timely death. However the fact remains that we, as individuals choose the road we wish to follow, we, and we alone are responsible for our own actions, and we, as individuals must be prepared to suffer the consequences of our actions. I think it is wrong in this case to blame the police for Dustin's death for it was Dustin who put himself in this situation in the first place. All Dustin had to do was surrender, he was caught, he was being handcuffed, he, or somone he knew, maybe even David, would have posted bail for him and he would have been out of jail by now. Instead, Dustin chose to fight aganist four police officer's, and he broke away from them. The officers did what they had to do to protect themselves and the public. The fact that Dustin was trying to swallow a bag of weed and choked to death on it, can not be blamed on anyone else but Dustin. What a waste of life! May he rest in Peace.

I already anticipate the backlash to this post, as we are all in a state of shock and we want to place blame for this tragic event on someone other than the "victim", and it is always easy to blame the police in situations such as these. Just remember this, when we are dealing with the police, we know who they are, they drive marked cars, they wear uniforms and badges. When the police deal with us, they often do not have a clue as to who we are and what we are capable of. They put their lives on the line everyday to keep us safe, let us never forget that.

Jason

No Jason, you're right, and I for one won't hold it against you. It's only natural to want to blame everyone and everything for all the ills of the world. no one likes to face the truth, especially when they're grieving. Yet, by ignoring the reality of the situation, we minimize the real loss, someone who passed simply because they made some bad decisions.

What a tragedy. My condolences and thoughts go out to Andrew, his family and his friends.

I place no blame on anyone for his death. A series of misfortunate events resulted in a catastrophy and a young man was ripped from this world long before his time. He resisted arrest and swallowed the baggy. The police used a stun gun which caused his asphyxiation, the bag he swallowed became lodged somewhere in his esophagus. Each individually would not have caused his death (most likely).

I have taken time to reflect what I said earlier. I also think that Baal's post hits home the most of what I've read so far - thanks for that Baal. Maybe we should take a break from pointing the finger of blame and reflect on the loss of a young man.

When I signed into the members area a few minutes ago, there was Dustin in the middle next to Logan, looking gorgeous. I too wish I hadn't viewed the video and seen him all cut up and desparate as that will now be ingrained on my mind whenever I think of Dustin.

My God, been away for 2 days and just logged in and this...I am in shock..
I was not a fan of Dustin ( the performer) anymore, but liked Andrew ( the person) always good fun, for me his best work was on College Boy Physicals with Danny...I am very sad
This tread is a memorial to Dustin/Andrew and let's keep it that way, not the time and place to argue who was right or wrong, it happen and it's tragic
Condelances to his family, friends & work mates
May God bless him

Mat

RIP dustin remember it is not a good bye is a see you later.
we will all miss you u where shuch a great person i loved your shots you where one of my favort guys. my thoughts and prayrs go out to your famaly and fans god bless you dustin

Jason

Jason, I totaly agree with on this. All Dustin had to do was put his hands behind his back. But he chose to fight the police and to swollow the bag of pot. No one made him do it he chose to do it.

Thank you Jon for putting my feet back on the ground. I signed on wanting to see more tributes to Drew and, as luck would have it, got angered by the side tracked tributes. I found myself pouring back over earlier disputes meaning to toss lines from the past in people's faces. When I came back to the thread, I met Jon's good words and was fortunately slapped to my senses and pointed to baal. Baal, I am so moved by your post. It sums what we should all feel. David and Eddie, thank you for including Monica in your grief. I hear constantly of her wonderful laughter and it is so nice to know that Andrew shared in it. Thanks also to Thomas for the lovely Parsons post. For those who want the softer, gentler Andrew, go back to Ryan, CJ, Dustin and Tyler. Everyone is so at ease. David's interview is special, no hard edges show through on anyone. Drew wanted so much to be that kitten he gave to his mother. The innocent, cuddly sweetness was still there; it just got covered up for a while by things that made him make the wrong decisions, make the wrong demands. We can only believe that, had time not run out, he would have found his way home. In our hearts, we know he's there already.

Thank you Jon for putting my feet back on the ground. I signed on wanting to see more tributes to Drew and, as luck would have it, got angered by the side tracked tributes. I found myself pouring back over earlier disputes meaning to toss lines from the past in people's faces. When I came back to the thread, I met Jon's good words and was fortunately slapped to my senses and pointed to baal. Baal, I am so moved by your post. It sums what we should all feel. David and Eddie, thank you for including Monica in your grief. I hear constantly of her wonderful laughter and it is so nice to know that Andrew shared in it. Thanks also to Thomas for the lovely Parsons post. For those who want the softer, gentler Andrew, go back to Ryan, CJ, Dustin and Tyler. Everyone is so at ease. David's interview is special, no hard edges show through on anyone. Drew wanted so much to be that kitten he gave to his mother. The innocent, cuddly sweetness was still there; it just got covered up for a while by things that made him make the wrong decisions, make the wrong demands. We can only believe that, had time not run out, he would have found his way home. In our hearts, we know he's there already.

Thank you for that Rifle. I'm glad that you are here to share this moment with us, as heartbreaking as it is. Thank you Jon and Baal for your words of wisdom. It is so much easier while in the midst of great grief to get angry and assign blame. Because anger is a much easier emotion to deal with than grief. I myself don't want to get bogged down in the blame game right now. My emotions are too raw at the moment. Especially with the images in the video running through my mind.

I would rather just be giving tribute to and mourning Andrew. He was such a handsome young man with so much potential. Yet he struggled in life on so many levels. I know that there was a good person in there who just wanted to find love and be liked and loved.

I'm not ashamed to say that I have been crying off and on since last night. And I said many prayers for him in church this morning. His passing holds many lessons for all of us. We may not all agree on what those lessons are but I think we can all agree that this has been a learning experience.

I would like to remember both Dustin the character on film and Andrew the person as he was on the College Boy Physicals scenes with Danny. Smiling, relaxed, comical and giving his fans a good show. Including the part where he proudly tells Dr. James that he's not going to bottom because, "I'm not gay". In hindsight it brings a smile to my face. It was very important to his self image in life that he not bottom. So I'm glad that he was able to leave this earth on his own terms on that point. If it meant that much to him then God bless him.

I wanted to take a moment to address dear Pooh. Pooh you do not need to apologize for posting the video. As horrific as it was, many of us wanted to know the honest truth about what happened. Most of us would have found it online anyway. As I did again last night trying to find out anything more online that I could about what happened. The contents of the video were not your fault.

Having said that, it was also a good idea to delete it. Only because I myself don't want it to be so easily accessible from the forum. I don't want anyone to be tempted to watch it in the future so easily. If they want to see it they know they can find it online. God forbid some newbie in the future finds it in here and we have to go through the whole grieving process with him all over again. Though I admit that it could still happen anyway...video or no.

So again Pooh, you did nothing wrong. We're all adults in here. Peace be with you my brother.

David please pass on our condolences from a tearful Forumland to Monica, Tyler and the rest of the staff whose names we do and don't know... but who join us in mourning the untimely passing of Andrew.

I am also torn now on whether his image should be removed from future upgrades of the secondary login page. It IS a very good photo of him. And his videos on the site are quite prolific. It obviously doesn't need to be decided soon. But I myself would like to see his photo stay in any future mix

David,will you be sending flowers or some other form of tribute to the funeral? If so, in addition to naming specific people could you also include something in the wording that would encompass all of us in the Broke Straight Boys membership?

I've been away from my computer, for a few days, and was shocked to just read about Dustin's passing. He was the face, (and body) of Broke Straight Boys, when I first joined. He was in many of the XTube and some censored UTube videos that I saw, that convinced me to join. I liked his look and his attitude. In fact, he is still featured prominently in ads that I see for Broke Straight Boys, on various websites, as I cruise the net.

Dustin's time as a model came and went, as David points out, he no longer had the physical attributes for a model on this site, but I always thought that he was a cool dude. I liked his attitude and his smile. It is certainly unfortunate that he found himself in that situation with the "large" bag of pot running away from the police.

This is indeed sad news for me to come back to, and I do pay tribute to Dustin, one of the early star's of Broke Straight Boys

Tampa, here is something from a gravestone on top of a mountain near my parents in Wales.

He never failed to do his best
His heart was true and tender.
He struggled hard for those he loved
And left them to remember.

When I was a mere 10 year old lad my grandad used to take me up to this gravestone and tell me the story of the verse. Basically it was about a man who worked his fingers to the bone to raise a family, but his kids didn't appreciate it until he died. What's this got to do with Dustin - I don't know and probably nothing, but at least he'll be up there now looking down at us all and probably screaming at the future Broke Straight Boys models "Don't bottom for any amount". RIP XX

There are two reasons why nothing will be done. 1) Dustin/Andrew ran from the police 2) he swallowed the baggie to hide evidence.
Again, let me assert, I'm NOT defending the actions of the police in this; had Dustin not run he'd still be alive today. That's the real tragedy (a word I'm loathe to use though nothing else seems to fit), it all could have been avoided.

Personal opinion I grew up with a family of police officers from NY and the police in said video used unneccisary force to attempt to arrest Andrew they were not more than 2 feet away from him and couldve gone about the whole situation completely differently. I truely hope his family sues the county or the state to have the officers to answer for what they did completely unneccisary, He may have resisted arrest and tried to hide the evidence but none of that calls for a tazor they managed to get him down once they couldve done it again easily since he already had one cuff on his wrist... granted I did not have the opportunity to work with Andrew but when I see such straight up stupidity from people who have sworn to protect the public from anything even themselves.

Personal opinion I grew up with a family of police officers from NY and the police in said video used unneccisary force to attempt to arrest Andrew they were not more than 2 feet away from him and couldve gone about the whole situation completely differently. I truely hope his family sues the county or the state to have the officers to answer for what they did completely unneccisary, He may have resisted arrest and tried to hide the evidence but none of that calls for a tazor they managed to get him down once they couldve done it again easily since he already had one cuff on his wrist... granted I did not have the opportunity to work with Andrew but when I see such straight up stupidity from people who have sworn to protect the public from anything even themselves.

I agree. Tasers are deadly force! This whole thing was so senseless. Maybe the kid was high and not thinking clearly, but is that any reason to kill him? I hope his family sues.

Hunter dude you are so fucking cool. I've e-mailed the video shot by the reality crew of Dustin's killing by the police to a lawyer and she's gonna tell me on Tuesday afternoon if she believes the family has a case against them. I feel really weird saying this in a forum where so many of my friends have come out defending the police action, but it seems to me a sad fact that if, speaking of stupidity, one of the requirements for joining the nation's police forces was a thorough IQ test, we wouldn't have half the cops on the beat that we do. Add to that a very complete psychological screening for people with self esteem problems, chips on their shoulders, anger issues. The police forces all over Spain cleaned up their acts about 5 years ago, and you couldn't find nicer guys anywhere. I wish that had happened in the US before those cowardly bullies got to Dustin.

Wow, I saw the news reel on this. I am shocked. It is evident that he was simply trying to signal to the police that something was wrong. That type of strength comes from an adrenaline rush and that should have also been evident to these cops.

Personal opinion, this is a thread for expressions of grief and condolences. If you wish to discuss other things, please honor Dustin's memory by creating another thread.