• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

SAD NEWS-D&E/BluMedia

How very sad. I was not a great fan of Dustin but actually warmed to the one he did with Lane. My sympathy goes out to his family and friends and all who knew him at D&E.

"Hedd perfaith hedd." Welsh for peace perfect peace. XX

Excellent link btw Thomas..

How do i edit the video out of my post sorry for posting

Tragic news and I feel for his family, and for those who knew him and worked with him at Broke Straight Boys What a waste of a young man's life! I'll remember him for his lovely slightly lop-sided grin! RIP Andrew!

How do i edit the video out of my post sorry for posting

I'm not sure you should tbh. As sad as it is, the video may well be a wake up call and a reminder what can happen when you mess around with bad company and drugs.

What does amaze me is that there were 4 officers there and yet they still had to use the taser. A bit over the top to say the least.

The stun gun interrupted Dustin's swallow and respiratory mechanisms, assuring that the dry bag of weed lodged in his throat. It looks like it was more a question of an impromptu execution than anything else, and if it seems like that to Dustin's family I hope they have the wherewithal to mount a suit against the police. It's very seldom, in a case of police mishandling of an arrest, that there's video evidence to prove how it went down. And even if it weren't a question of money, the family ought to have the stupid little sliver of bitter comfort that the cops who killed him answered in public for what they did.

To see anyone die in a grainy jerky video is monstrous, but to see the guy who's given us so many great moments of one sort or another was completely heart wrenching. I personally liked him so very much in the last futon video we saw, him being picked up by Dave because his ride was down, so much himself, going along with the nonsense with that good guy, but not too good guy, manner that was typical of his Broke Straight Boys persona. It was a great shoot for us to remember him by. Typical of him in so many ways, showing what a complex and interesting person he was.

I'm sorry for some of the stuff I posted here about Dustin's performances, trying to be clever and mostly sounding just snarky. elyot made me change my mind about him, and the last video had me pretty much won over. I wish elyot didn't have to see the news footage, but most of all I wish the redneck fuzz hadn't paralyzed his chest just when he was trying to swallow.

I'm not sure you should tbh. As sad as it is, the video may well be a wake up call and a reminder what can happen when you mess around with bad company and drugs.

What does amaze me is that there were 4 officers there and yet they still had to use the taser. A bit over the top to say the least.

Is that the lesson? I think that there might be a lesson in here about police brutality, but that's just me. I didn't know that marijuana possession was a capital offense.

I am so sorry to hear about this. You feel like you get to know the boys on the site. It is very sad

Is that the lesson? I think that there might be a lesson in here about police brutality, but that's just me. I didn't know that marijuana possession was a capital offense.

Agreed it's not a capital offence but it seems rather strange that he would want to swallow the whole packet instead of putting his hands up and saying fair cop. But we do strange things in the heat of the moment and regretably things like this happen.

Good post Slim and I was thinking along the same lines. However, I don't regret the things I said about his performance some time ago, but did state that I liked the last released film. Also agree that if I were his family I would be thinking along the lines of an independant investigation.

both Eddie and I have been very sadden by this event. Tyler is very upset, and Monica our office secretary loved Andrew, they both kid around and Andrew/Dustin would buy her flowers.

I know we had to let him go due to the fact he was getting bald and chubby and his performance was going downhill and we no longer was able to use him as a model. Unfortunately this is part of the business but we still kept in touch with him and matter of fact he was going to visit us during our winter break.

I really didn't know who is Mom or family was, I'm sure they are very upset. I'm going to try to find an address of some sorts to send flowers or condolences. The only address we have is his address in Panama Beach were the incident happen.

WOW that's some news I didn't want to wake up with :(
I'm very sorry to hear that. May he rest in peace.

This is indeed very sad news. It is so not the natural order for someone so young to be taken. The stories management have shared should also be a lesson. We thought we knew Andrew and judged him very harshly when in fact we only knew Dustin, the persona he chose to show on film. The criticisms should have been only to that online persona and not the living, breathing person who was so many other things, some quite sweet that have been shared in this thread. I will be remembering this lesson in the future and I hope others do too...

this is indeed very sad news. It is so not the natural order for someone so young to be taken. The stories management have shared should also be a lesson. We thought we knew andrew and judged him very harshly when in fact we only knew dustin, the persona he chose to show on film. The criticisms should have been only to that online persona and not the living, breathing person who was so many other things, some quite sweet that have been shared in this thread. I will be remembering this lesson in the future and i hope others do too...

i agree with everything you just said baal

http://nateo.blogspot.com/2008/06/more-tasers-for-nyc.html

Anyone who thinks he might at any point ever be suspected of a misdemeanor by 4 overweight and mini-IQed members of any corrupt police force within the borders of the continental USA should carry at least pepper spray at all times to fucking slow the bastards down. God what a bad idea, but this thing with Dustin is eating my brain.

I very mistakenly watched the posted youtube video and found it absolutely more than i could handle I would not suggest watching it to any more fragile members of this site The more i think about this , the more my heart is breaking. The thought I have is that we are all perfet in ourselves and although all the things that David said about Dustin may have prevented him from being a model they certainly did not prevent him from being a friend and a companion. There were obvious demons with him and I wish someone had helped him but no one can help anyone who does not first seek that help. I think all we can be is supportive. Today I will be looking at the people around me in a much more compassionate light. I know that it will probably not happen, but the treatment of Dustin/ Andrew by the police force in horrendous an I hope some action will be taken. I, unfortunately do not have a good feeling about this . David , Eddie ,Tyler and Monica please accept my personal deepest sympathies I know we do not know each other but the more i think about this, the more my heart is breaking. Be kind to each other and I offer my deepest,if totally inadequate support

I very mistakenly watched the posted youtube video and found it absolutely more than i could handle I would not suggest watching it to any more fragile members of this site The more i think about this , the more my heart is breaking. The thought I have is that we are all perfet in ourselves and although all the things that David said about Dustin may have prevented him from being a model they certainly did not prevent him from being a friend and a companion. There were obvious demons with him and I wish someone had helped him but no one can help anyone who does not first seek that help. I think all we can be is supportive. Today I will be looking at the people around me in a much more compassionate light. I know that it will probably not happen, but the treatment of Dustin/ Andrew by the police force in horrendous an I hope some action will be taken. I, unfortunately do not have a good feeling about this . David , Eddie ,Tyler and Monica please accept my personal deepest sympathies I know we do not know each other but the more i think about this, the more my heart is breaking. Be kind to each other and I offer my deepest,if totally inadequate support

There are two reasons why nothing will be done. 1) Dustin/Andrew ran from the police 2) he swallowed the baggie to hide evidence.

I'm in no way defending the police, however, this needless death could have been averted had he not run or swallowed the baggie. Using the taser is preferable to using their guns. Right or wrong the police were within their rights to use the taser. Someone else spoke of it as being a misdemeanor. Once he ran, it became a felony. Depending on the amount of weed he had, that may also have been a felony as well. If this wasn't his first offense, and say his third, then he'd be looking at a very long time in prison.

Again, let me assert, I'm NOT defending the actions of the police in this; had Dustin not run he'd still be alive today. That's the real tragedy (a word I'm loathe to use though nothing else seems to fit), it all could have been avoided.

I am deeply saddend by the news of Dustin/Andrew's passing. I'll say some prayers for his family, friends and co-workers so they may quietly tolerate the horrible, emotional pain that has come to them.

Be strong for the people who need your strength and lean on the people that can hold your weight. You all will need to have that person once in awhile. One last thing, please remember to cry. It's very important that you allow yourself to mourn for as long as you need. Crying helps release a lot of that tension and helps you get over the pain quickly.