• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

The reason I started my original, “Hot Professional & College Sports Guys” thread back in 2016 was because of my love of my favorite sports teams and highlighting some of the especially “hot” guys who play for my teams and the opposing players who I get to watch. I was once asked if that means I don’t like the less attractive guys on my teams and of course that is not the case at all. But two of my favorite “pastimes” are watching sports and watching hot guys and when the two coincide, that is a double bonus and why I started that thread. :thumbup1:

Others totally changed the direction of that thread and so I started this one to get back to my original purpose of highlighting hot sports guys who I watch and can name, and not just anonymous guys wearing sporting garb. And right now on my favorite sports team, the New York Yankees, our shortstop is both extremely talented and extremely cute, 22 year old Anthony Volpe. The Yankees had a competition in sporting training for the starting job and although Anthony had not yet played a full season in Triple A ball, he impressed and won the starting job. He is struggling a bit at hitting for average, currently below .200, but he has shown surprising power for his size, 5’9”, 180 lbs. Yesterday he hit a huge two run homer to give the Yanks the insurance runs to win the game and the series against The Los Angeles Dodgers. Volpe now has nine home runs this year, and assumedly he will get bigger and stronger as his body matures. But right now, I love the way he plays and the way he looks! :smiley-love021:

IMG_1862.jpeg
IMG_1861.jpeg
IMG_1866.jpeg

Congrats to former Duke Blue Devil, Aussie Jack White who is now a bench player on the Denver Nuggets for being on the NBA Championship team. Way to go Jack!!!

IMG_1878.jpeg
IMG_1880.png
IMG_1881.jpeg

Yankees' Domingo Germán throws 24th perfect game in MLB history vs. the Athletics. Unfortunately for me I worked yesterday and the game played in California was much too late for me to stay awake until the glorious finish but I have watched highlights and post game interviews.​

A historic event for baseball and the Yankees.
IMG_1339.jpeg

This summer has not gone the way I’d hope regarding my baseball team, The New York Yankees. Today on July 26th, they have played 101games with 61 remaining and they are 9 games out of first place and 3 games back for the final wild card. Is it impossible for them to make the postseason and go on a run? No, not impossible but it seems less and less likely based on the lackluster play over the last month or longer, particularly since their star Aaron Judge went down on June 3. But there are still over two months remaining in the regular season and I will keep watching.

I love all my teams, win or lose but winning makes watching a lot more fun. If the Yankees do not make it, I still have my New York Football Giants starting their season on September 11, and my Duke Blue Devils starting on December 1. I am a loyal fan to my teams! :001_smile:

IMG_1969.png
IMG_1972.png
IMG_1971.jpeg

This has been one of the most disappointing Yankee season in decades, so I haven’t been following MLB as closely as I should, but Shohei Ohtani is having another monster season for The Angels as he hit his 43rd homer of the season with a grand slam last night. This is in addition to his great pitching.

2023 has been one of the more disappointing Yankees seasons in decades. In late August the team was going no where and they released underperforming veterans like Josh Donaldson and Harrison Bader. They brought up a slew of their top prospects from the minor leagues including their brightest star in the making, 20 year old Dominican, Jasson Dominguez, nicknamed The Martian for his “unworldly” talents. Well the kid is coming through with home runs and extra base hits and low and behold, The Yankees who were 11 games out of the playoffs on August 28, have won eight out of ten games and five straight and are now 6.5 games out. There are still 23 games left in the season and anything is possible…..But realistically it is all early spring training for next year. But they kids sure are fun to watch and as a fan, to quote the late Met, Tug McGraw, “You Gotta Believe”! :thumbup:

This is El Marciano or the Martian!

IMG_2031.jpeg
IMG_2030.jpeg
IMG_2032.jpeg

And of course the NFL starts tonight with Champ Kansas City taking on Detroit!

Another season begins! Good luck to your teams, (and my team, The Giants, lol).

IMG_2033.png
IMG_2036.jpeg

How we feeling after that NFL opener?

I watched some of the game, but was way too tired after work to stay up for the shocking final score. However I feel strongly that KC will get back on track and be one of the top teams in the league again.

2023 has been one of the more disappointing Yankees seasons in decades. In late August the team was going no where and they released underperforming veterans like Josh Donaldson and Harrison Bader. They brought up a slew of their top prospects from the minor leagues including their brightest star in the making, 20 year old Dominican, Jasson Dominguez, nicknamed The Martian for his “unworldly” talents. Well the kid is coming through with home runs and extra base hits and low and behold, The Yankees who were 11 games out of the playoffs on August 28, have won eight out of ten games and five straight and are now 6.5 games out. There are still 23 games left in the season and anything is possible…..But realistically it is all early spring training for next year. But they kids sure are fun to watch and as a fan, to quote the late Met, Tug McGraw, “You Gotta Believe”! :thumbup:

This is El Marciano or the Martian!

View attachment 158115View attachment 158118View attachment 158117
Injuries are a part of sports but two New York teams were devastated in the past couple of days. Dominguez, “The Martian” will have elbow surgery putting him out of commission for possibly ten months, that is next July.

And last night, the Jets 75 million dollar quarterback possibly suffered a torn Achilles tendon ending his season and maybe career. Yikes. Nothing definite on Rogers yet. MRI coming up today……

IMG_2043.jpeg

I’m watching The Giants play the San Francisco 49ers. I’ve heard of Christian McCaffery, their star running back. In fact his father Ed McCaffery started out as a Giant. But I didn’t realize how HOT, Christian is. As I watch the game, I found some pics of Christian. :drool:

IMG_1402.jpeg
IMG_1405.jpeg
IMG_1406.jpeg

IMG_1404.jpeg

The Major League Baseball Regular season ended yesterday with a whimper for New York baseball. The Mets who signed two of the best and highest priced pitchers, Justin Verlander and Max Scherzer before the season had great expectations of going far in the post season. And my team, The Yankees thought that Aaron Judge coming off his American League record setting 2022 home run season, long with the basic same cast as 22 might go all the way……but neither team made the playoffs. Back to the drawing board for both teams.

So now the NFL gets my full attention until Duke basketball starts next month. Last night was an extremely entertaining game between the champs, The Kansas City Chiefs and the must maligned New York Jets. Aaron Rodgers, their high priced quarterback is out and the backup is “pretty boy” Zach Wilson who has been terrible in his first two years and his first three games this year. “But last night Zach had a “coming out”, no not that kind, lol But he had a marvelous game until a late fumble and the Chiefs eeked out a three point victory. The headline from Sunday night was the play of Wilson, who had arguably the best outing of his young career. He completed 28 of 39 passes for 245 yards and two touchdowns. His 28 completions marked a career best, and his two passing touchdowns tied his career high.”

Tonight My Giants play at home against Seattle. Hopefully for me they can win and not go to 1-3.

Here is Zach from last night.

IMG_2074.jpeg
IMG_2073.jpeg

Looking at the pic I posted above I realized that it has connotations for this website. Pretty Zack is on his knees and on one side is a Chief named Gay and the other side a teammate named Cobb. :001_rolleyes:

IMG_2074.jpeg