• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

With Princeton playing in The Sweet Sixteen this year, folks are talking to former United States Senator, former New York Knick and former Princeton standout, Bill Bradley.

From “The Princetonian”

“Bradley is far and away the best basketball player to ever don the Princeton jersey. His accolades are impressive; he was a three-time All-American, 1964 Team USA Olympic athlete, 1965 AP Player of the Year, and has a spot in the Basketball Hall of Fame. He is the only Princeton men’s basketball player to accomplish any of those feats. “

1FD164D7-67A7-4713-BE32-B78137947D86.jpeg
D1F57A55-3AFB-4AC8-BC8B-1BE717AE0D40.jpeg

I just read that New York Knicks legendary captain, Willis Reed died yesterday at age 80. I am so sad as for New York sports fans of the 1970 era will never forget that one special night. I was in college and can clearly remember that night 53 years ago.

”NEW YORK — Willis Reed, who dramatically emerged from the locker room minutes before Game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals to spark the New York Knicks to their first championship and create one of sports' most enduring examples of playing through pain, died Tuesday.”

Obviously a sad occasion such as this makes me very aware of my own mortality. Another piece of my past is gone. RIP Willis Reed.

4DAB3B99-382A-4F56-AF89-5C53644858C4.jpeg

Ironic that yesterday I posted the pic of Bill Bradly as an alumni of Princeton who advanced in this years NCAA Tournament. And my very next post on this thread is of his teammate, The Captain, Willis Reed, passing. So sad.

And as one generation passes, another emerges. 21 year old Yankee prospect, Anthony Volpe is having a spring training that is opening eyes of Yankees fans hopeful of a new star emerging.

The NCAA Tournament begins the second weekend today with a slate of 16 teams, but for me with Duke eliminated in
the round of 32, my focus is all about MLB and my Yankees. Today is my final work day of the week and the Yankees will be on TV Friday, Saturday and Sunday playing the final weekend of exhibition games leading up to Opening Day, a week from today.

What I am mot excited about this year is that there are so many young prospects with a chance to be impact players., to blend in with the veterans like Judge, Stanton and Rizzo. It’s almost time to “Play Ball”!

0973D2B1-CB87-4A3D-AF75-CA71940EC85D.jpeg

The Aztecs beat Number 1 Crimsons last night in the round of 16.
download (1).jpg
download.jpg

Last edited:
The number 4 Aztecs bet the their opponent by one point last night by one point to move on!

Although the Aztecs (SDSU) have been a force in the West for a long time, they have never reached the final four before.

Thursday, March 30th is Opening Day for all 30 Major League Baseball teams. There will be lot’s of changes this year with a pitch clock which should shorten games, the banning of the shift which could lead to more hitting and runs scored, and wider bases potentially leading to more stolen bases. I am looking forward to the 162 game schedule which runs from Thursday all the way through October and then into the post season.

For anyone who enjoys our traditional National Pastime, I wish you luck to all your favorite teams. And for one day, Thursday morning all teams are tied for first place. Play Ball and enjoy the season!!!

7325DF99-31C2-4ED2-A769-EC7F045C5199.jpeg
61BA137C-BE88-4AF6-B38A-720554B1F3FB.jpeg

The Aztecs won last night to make it to the finals for the first time against Uconn. I like both teams but for the Aztecs, this is their first time there.

Congratulations to the University of Connecticut Huskies and their coach, Danny Hurley on winning the 2023 NCAA Tournament. I must admit that I stopped watching the games intently after Duke bowed out to Tennessee in the Round of 32 a couple of weeks ago. But I’ve been keeping an eye on some of the games and I’m thrilled for Coach Hurley whose dad was a legendary high school coach at St. Anthony’s in Jersey City. And of course his brother, Bobby was an All American and has his number retired at Duke.

Congrats to UConn and their fans!

9B9D0F3A-1803-46E8-AEE9-45F39864813A.jpeg

It was a win-win for me as I am a fan of both teams having been born and grown up in Conn & my middle son went to UCSD & living many years in San Diego. The Aztecs never made it to the finals before, never even reaching the quarter finals.

Twenty one year old. Yankee rookie shortstop, Anthony Volpe hit his first major league home run last night leading off the game at Yankee Stadium. He has a world of talent and I find him very cute. That is what I started this thread and my original sports thread for, to highlight guys who I watch play the games and at the same time admire their “hotness”!!! :wink:

I am much more into the college scene because the athletes are mainly into the sport not the money or fame. It is far more interesting to me look at the unknown & little known players before they become jaded by fame and fortune.

That is fine for you to be into what you are into. First Tampa and then you totally changed the subject matter on the thread that I had started called “Hot Professional & College Sports Guys”, and so I began this one to get back to what I began the original one for.

Watching the teams I love, primarily The Yankees, Football Giants, and Duke Men’s basketball and the teams they compete against, inspired me to highlight both the athletic accomplishments and the physical beauty of some of the players on those teams. Anthony Volpe is a great story to me, a very humble and potentially great player, who grew up in New Jersey and dreamed of being the starting shortstop for the team he rooted for as a kid. And now he is living that dream. Being a Yankees fan, he is a very enjoyable young man to watch, on more than one level.

CC8BDF6B-B3E7-4AE7-BE0B-DEDEC4C9CCC2.jpeg

It was a win-win for me as I am a fan of both teams having been born and grown up in Conn & my middle son went to UCSD & living many years in San Diego. The Aztecs never made it to the finals before, never even reaching the quarter finals.
Making the NCAA national finals may very get San Diego State a bid to join the PAC 12 Conference, which needs two new teams to replace USC and UCLA when they move to the Big 10.

Making the NCAA national finals may very get San Diego State a bid to join the PAC 12 Conference, which needs two new teams to replace USC and UCLA when they move to the Big 10.
Long overdue,

Mike, do you not remember what I wrote the other day. My comments are meant to encourage more comments, not only to make a statement.