• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Real Sports - Athletes and Teams that we follow and admire.

It's been said before that this is NOT a strike. Rather the owners locked out the players! So instead to the owners crying and whining: "Horrible, horrible, horrible, we have to cancel games", they could by the stroke of a pen, declare their lockout over, and spring training would start as would the season on time under the terms of the old contract.
And it is us, the true fans of the game kg who are paying the price. Grapefruit baseball should be starting and you with your rebuilt Mets and me with the free agents and trades to complete the Yankee squad should be shaping up for Opening Day. After two COVID seasons, it was time for a full 162 game season for us, the fans of the game.

29A11EBD-5ADE-46FE-BB73-8CD95CB8ECEA.jpg

Alas life could be so simple if only people acted with others in mind.

And it is us, the true fans of the game kg who are paying the price. Grapefruit baseball should be starting and you with your rebuilt Mets and me with the free agents and trades to complete the Yankee squad should be shaping up for Opening Day. After two COVID seasons, it was time for a full 162 game season for us, the fans of the game.

View attachment 50176

Well at least by this time next week, the ACC tournament will be ongoing in Brooklyn and I believe the Big East tournament in Madison Square Garden will be going on simultaneously followed by March Madness into April. So lots of exciting college basketball as Duke seeks to go out with one more ACC tournament title and one more national championship!

Well at least by this time next week, the ACC tournament will be ongoing in Brooklyn and I believe the Big East tournament in Madison Square Garden will be going on simultaneously followed by March Madness into April. So lots of exciting college basketball as Duke seeks to go out with one more ACC tournament title and one more national championship!
Very true. Duke will be the #1 seed and draw the double bye and start a week from today at noon right here in Brooklyn.

BE5E869B-C495-46E7-B0FE-26C7B379F2EA.jpg

Just a random shot of Mason Plumlee, Height 6′ 11″, Weight 236 lbs Duke graduate in 2013, back when guys played their full four years. Today at age 31, he is still playing in the NBA for Charlotte. He is not one of the highest paid players in the NBA but his annual salary is $2.3Million. Not a bad salary at all. Lol

E8FA5B73-ACE4-41EC-89BB-C228D5567D7B.jpg

You don't see the unrest in the NBA you do in baseball, I wonder why.

You don't see the unrest in the NBA you do in baseball, I wonder why.
It is a similar situation in all professional sports. It’s just that the MLB collective bargaining agreement had expired this year and the owners locked the players out. The NBA agreement expires after the 2024 playoffs end. This is big business and in all sports it is the billionaire owners and the millionaire players arguing over how to split the pie.

It is a similar situation in all professional sports. It’s just that the MLB collective bargaining agreement had expired this year and the owners locked the players out. The NBA agreement expires after the 2024 playoffs end. This is big business and in all sports it is the billionaire owners and the millionaire players arguing over how to split the pie.

A tad cynical but very true!

Duke versus North Carolina is always a noteworthy college basketball game. But today being legendary Coach Mike Krzyzewski’s last home game at Duke will make it a very special day for Duke fans and college basketball fans everywhere.

33D38B5C-101B-4F34-ACA5-DD510E66BFE8.jpg

Yes I admit I was speaking in a moment of unrealism & yes Mike you were right. Also good luck in the game.

Duke versus North Carolina is always a noteworthy college basketball game. But today being legendary Coach Mike Krzyzewski’s last home game at Duke will make it a very special day for Duke fans and college basketball fans everywhere.

View attachment 50611
I’m kind of bummed out tonight as UNC beat Duke bad. It was an emotional night at Duke as over 80 of Coach K’s former players were there to honor him in his final home game, but a win would have made the night perfect. But he still can win the ACC Championship and another NCAA championship to finish his coaching career on top.

I’m kind of bummed out tonight as UNC beat Duke bad. It was an emotional night at Duke as over 80 of Coach K’s former players were there to honor him in his final home game, but a win would have made the night perfect. But he still can win the ACC Championship and another NCAA championship to finish his coaching career on top.

There may be one (in the ACC tournament) or two (ACC tourney plus NCAA tourney) Duke vs. UNC games to play. Duke is still the ACC regular season Champ and the two teams may be seeing each other again, possibly twice!

Boys I am sorry for your loss. We sports fans always have them & tomorrow is another day & more victories will follow. The perfect example is Rafa after a long down period won what is among his greatest victories at the Aussie Open recently,

In honor of Coach K’s retirement after 42 years leading Duke, this a great painting honoring Coach and just some of his great players over the years.

1D8E9FB6-C0C1-433B-884F-1DA07CD15615.jpg

Great picture, Mike. You are a very loyal fan.

Mike, you failed to add friends including those you have made on the Forum over the years. That I add from what I have observed since I first joined the Forum last year.

Wow, did Duke ever have a shocking scare against heavy underdog Syracuse in today's Noon ACC Tournament Quarterfinal, which was Syracuse's third tourney game in three days but only Duke's first game of the tournament thanks to its double bye. Plus Syracuse's top player Buddy Boeheim was suspended for one game sitting on the bench. Plus Duke had beaten Syracuse twice this season WITH Buddy Boeheim had lost to Duke by over 30 points both games. Guess what? Syracuse led the entire first half, well into the second half before Duke's far superior talent finally caught them and Duke finally won by 9 points I believe. There were lots of stunned frightened Duke fans today, but bottom line Duke did advance.