• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Olympics 2012

Olympic Crush: Australian diver Matthew Mitcham

"You gotta love a guy whose cover of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" shows him rocking it on the ukelele.

But the adorable Australian diver Matthew Mitcham isn't only a talented musician, he's also one of the cutest athletes at these Games.

The Australian diver's tousled blonde locks paired with his boyishly charming face make him hard to miss as he plunges into water. At the 2008 Olympics, Mitcham won the 10-meter platform with a score of 112.10, the highest single-dive score in Olympic history. His victory prevented the Chinese from claiming a clean sweep of all diving gold medals.

But Micham's win wasn't the only thing that made headlines -- he also came out of the closet.

"In Beijing, there were only 11 out gay athletes participating and I was the only male," said Mitcham. "It's a role that I take on wholeheartedly, and it influences a lot of decisions I make. I'm very conscious of how I present myself as a role model."

At these Olympics, there are now 21 openly gay Olympians, though only three of them are men.

As the Aug. 11 date approaches for Mitcham to defend his gold medal, he's just trying to relax and enjoy himself.

"I realize that I've already got an Olympic gold medal, so anything that I achieve is a bonus on top of that," he said. "That takes away the pressure of expectation, because I don't need to prove myself. I've already done it. Now I can just compete and just enjoy the competition, which is when I tend to compete best anyway."

Recent 4th Place winner from Austrailia!

Sincerely impressed,

Stimpy

Attachments

• M Mitcham 3.jpg
    M Mitcham 3.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 16
  • M Mitcham 2.jpg
    M Mitcham 2.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 15
  • M Mitcham 1.jpg
    M Mitcham 1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 18
I respect your opinion but its not so clear cut to me.

NBC broadcasts seep beyond national borders. NBC is being bashed for its coverage and I agree. Its 99% american athletes and deferred play of events. I watch with no effort and bias coverage here in Puerto Rico and its very different, less nationalistic fanfare. Not everyone is North American. Some people look to american media for a global view, this coverage erodes that. Try watching the olympics from outside the usa for once.

Thanks Web-Monkey! I was not trying to be argumentative. I understand and agree with you, the Olympics are so much more meaningful when you see the human stories behind the athletes. I just thought I was getting that. I am sorry if you are not. I don't think of American media as presenting a global view, quite the contrary! And actually, I do get another perspective, outside the usa. Living along the border with Mexico, I watch the Mexican news broadcasts quite often, and I have to say, they do offer a more global and a less biased perspective. Perhaps that is why I don't expect as much from american media.

Muah!

On a sadder note, one of the Kenyans who came first and second in the 3000 metre steeplechase, was granted special permission do come over and run for his country. He is country awaiting trial in Kenya for a stabbing offence.

"Police are investigating Olympian Ezekiel Kemboi's involvement in an attack where a 26 year-old lady was attacked and stabbed with a knife on the chest. Kemboi's documents were found on the place where the attack took place.The lady identified as Ann Njeri Otieno is said to have been attacked and stabbed with a knife as she was entering her home. Her sister Millicent Otieno said that she heard screams from their home entrance and on reaching there she met the guy who stabbed her sister but he drove off in a vehicle that was parked by the gate side. They rushed her to Medihill Hospital in Eldoret where she is receiving treatment. Millicent said that they found Kemboi's documents at the scene of the attack. Kemboi denied involvement in the nights attack saying that he was being trailed by thugs who attacked him but unfortunately the knife targeted at him got the lady. He said that the thugs stole from him money and documents. He also claimed that the lady was part of the gang. Police officers have not responded to the allegations or link the athlete to the accusations. Kemboi has won several championships including 3000 metres steeplechase at the 2004 summer Olympics, 2009 world Championships and the 2011 World Championship."

http://allafrica.com/view/resource/main/main/id/00040363.html

The pansies!

At these Olympics, there are now 21 openly gay Olympians, though only three of them are men.

Woman have far bigger balls than man!

huge-boobs-small.jpg

PS: Trying to keep the news quiet Jon? Love your new font color.

Last edited:
"You gotta love a guy whose cover of Beyonce's "Single Ladies" shows him rocking it on the ukelele.

But the adorable Australian diver Matthew Mitcham isn't only a talented musician, he's also one of the cutest athletes at these Games.

The Australian diver's tousled blonde locks paired with his boyishly charming face make him hard to miss as he plunges into water. At the 2008 Olympics, Mitcham won the 10-meter platform with a score of 112.10, the highest single-dive score in Olympic history. His victory prevented the Chinese from claiming a clean sweep of all diving gold medals.

But Micham's win wasn't the only thing that made headlines -- he also came out of the closet.

"In Beijing, there were only 11 out gay athletes participating and I was the only male," said Mitcham. "It's a role that I take on wholeheartedly, and it influences a lot of decisions I make. I'm very conscious of how I present myself as a role model."

As the Aug. 11 date approaches for Mitcham to defend his gold medal, he's just trying to relax and enjoy himself.

"I realize that I've already got an Olympic gold medal, so anything that I achieve is a bonus on top of that," he said. "That takes away the pressure of expectation, because I don't need to prove myself. I've already done it. Now I can just compete and just enjoy the competition, which is when I tend to compete best anyway."

Recent 4th Place winner from Austrailia!

Sincerely impressed,

Stimpy

Stimpy, it was so cute, watching him play and sing! I loved it! He's adorable!

Go back to the original tradition

What a great link LoveLumps! Super funny and did you see this one.... In the original Olympics the athletes were naked! And that makes sense.... with all those hot and young bodies. And MikeYank called me KRU for even thinking this...

50195bf8e318b.jpg

It's all part of tradition. Some ancient events (L to R): Pole-diddling, gimp-masking, hand-balling.

Anyone know who won the match last night in Indoor Volleyball? I went to bed before it ended, I believe it was the Italians versus the Netherlands.

Last edited:
Anyone know who won the match last night in Indoor Volleyball? I went to bed before it ended, I believe it was the Italians versus the Netherlands.

Dunno, but I do know that the Brits have now won 22 golds, which is a record for us. Not bad for a lil island.

What a great link LoveLumps! Super funny and did you see this one.... In the original Olympics the athletes were naked! And that makes sense.... with all those hot and young bodies. And MikeYank called me KRU for even thinking this...

50195bf8e318b.jpg

It's all part of tradition. Some ancient events (L to R): Pole-diddling, gimp-masking, hand-balling.

KRURobert. I like that pronounced with a French accent, like Cru Robert. You are Grand Cru!

I'll take pole-diddling. I bet I could win a gold!

Buy your ticket now

In the Pole-diddling you would have to compete with some of the ladies here. Woman like Beastie Beth:smiley-love001:, Godzilla Grace
asset.php
, Daring Miss D. etc...

New+Street+Address.jpg

Last edited:
Come on guys and girls, this thread was supposed to be about the Olympics.. It's quite obvious that most of you cba about them or you would have commented on the 3 golds the US won yesterday evening. If you want to digress or post stupid irrelevant pics do so on another thread please.

As if we are not talking about the Olympics....

In the antiques, and present. About the medals and those whom compete.

But this is the Broke Straight Boys forum... and a hot athlete is a hot athlete!