• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

A song that reminds me of the forum, is Fahrenheit by Joe McElderry.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q35rTNtUdY

[FONT=&quot]I can feel it deep inside of me / Something primal the beginnings of a scream / About to let go / I can hear it bouncing in my head / Keeps repeating every thought I've ever had / Like an echo

If you feel like I feel / And need to come in from the cold / So who cares if it’s real / Just pretend there's sand between your toes

Just a little bit of fahrenheit / Just a little bit of heat tonight / As the mercury is rising / Temperature is climbing / I know what's on your mind / Just a little bit of fahrenheit / Just a breath away from paradise / But it's not too hot for dancing / Or for taking chances / So don't apologize

Can you see the lightning in the air / All the faces and electric atmosphere / They wana let go

For the urge for the surge / Of the power of inside / Being blinded sometimes / By the lights it's all right / It's somewhere to go / Where your heart wants to be / Something you need when you've got to be free[/FONT]

This is absolutely one of my favorite threads, because even if someone's music selection doesn't appeal to another, nobody is dogging another person because of their preference of music. Too bad that civility doesn't carry over to other threads.

MsK that is a catchy tune, and RR your offering reminds me of Abba--also upbeat with great lyrics. Not surprising that these would remind you of the forum, as it brings to my mind the great responses and personalities that I've found far more appealing than recent videos :p

Anybody hear of Good Old War?

They are in the hot, modern folk/harmonies trend, best shown off by the Avett Brothers and Fleet Foxes. I've been waiting 35 years for this kind of music to come back. Not that I haven't enjoyed the last 35 years (I do have a complete Ramones and Clash collection on vinyl, along with many other bands), but there is something very appealing about catchy tunes with a minimum of instrumentation, sung with three part harmonies. Crosby, Stills and Nash have made a good career on that.

Here's their My Space page with a bunch of songs on it for you to hear. They have two recordings out, a College Dudes from a year or two ago and a new, self-titled project. That's the one I'm hung up on right now. The vinyl sounds great, BTW.

Anybody hear of Good Old War?

They are in the hot, modern folk/harmonies trend, best shown off by the Avett Brothers and Fleet Foxes. I've been waiting 35 years for this kind of music to come back. Not that I haven't enjoyed the last 35 years (I do have a complete Ramones and Clash collection on vinyl, along with many other bands), but there is something very appealing about catchy tunes with a minimum of instrumentation, sung with three part harmonies. Crosby, Stills and Nash have made a good career on that.

Here's their My Space page with a bunch of songs on it for you to hear. They have two recordings out, a College Dudes from a year or two ago and a new, self-titled project. That's the one I'm hung up on right now. The vinyl sounds great, BTW.

Thanks Smiley that's good stuff I need to dig into that a bit deeper.

Okay, I'm a little compulsive...another Jamie Cullum song I like. This, to me, sounds a little 'pop', but really love the lyrics. Think back to the days before CDs and one actually made casette tape mixes and gave them to someone they loved. A couple of the lyrics: 'I'll make you a mixed tape, that's a movement of my soul.' and 'My love contains a million songs from Nine Inch Nails to Louie Armstong'. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LU7leX9RCc

Thomas.

Anyone remember THIS???

Okay, I KNOW I am NOT the ONLY 'quasi' chronologically blessed member here, and that there ARE some that were around, (as was I), in the mid 70s. So, here is my NEWEST old FAV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZim6ybvdA

Now, YOU tell me, has my MIDLIFE started to set in yet??? LOL

:001_tt2:

music!!! let's see.....

Portishead, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Dido, VNV Nation, Combichrist, CocoRosie, Tricky, Curve, This Side of North, Smashing Pumpkins, Clover, Hooverphonic, Eminem, Baxter, The Rolling Stones, T. Rex, Beth Orton, the Beatles, Charlotte Martin, Citizen Cope, Trespassers William, Daughter Darling, Highspire, the FLIR, Tegan and Sarah... to name just a handful.

All time favorite....

Barbra Streisand - Woman in Love
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHqAllSQ_eM&feature=related

Barbra-DualDisc-Guilty-2005.jpg

music!!! let's see.....

Portishead, Tori Amos, PJ Harvey, Bjork, Dido, VNV Nation, Combichrist, CocoRosie, Tricky, Curve, This Side of North, Smashing Pumpkins, Clover, Hooverphonic, Eminem, Baxter, The Rolling Stones, T. Rex, Beth Orton, the Beatles, Charlotte Martin, Citizen Cope, Trespassers William, Daughter Darling, Highspire, the FLIR, Tegan and Sarah... to name just a handful.
Welcome back tightywhitieboy. You've been gone a long time. I hope you still remember some of us on the forum, as many are no longer here. We had a guy called Undiefun here for a while and I always thought about you when he posted, but I guess you missed each other.

Broke Straight Boys is different , David and his futon are gone, and the forum is somewhat different, but it's great to see an old friend back in the fold. :thumbup1:

i miss david and the futon. :) but i will try to be around on the boards more... real life sometimes gets crazy! thanks for the welcome back!

Okay, I KNOW I am NOT the ONLY 'quasi' chronologically blessed member here, and that there ARE some that were around, (as was I), in the mid 70s. So, here is my NEWEST old FAV:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaZim6ybvdA

Now, YOU tell me, has my MIDLIFE started to set in yet??? LOL

:001_tt2:

OMG Bob! I'm not sure what to say... I'm appalled! I've got quotes from Priscilla rolling through my head! Along with a song that makes absolutely no sense and makes me want to gouge out my eardrums, only it won't help! It's still there!!! :001_tt2::lol: Now I have to come up with a trump song!

just ridiculous!

OMG Bob! I'm not sure what to say... I'm appalled! I've got quotes from Priscilla rolling through my head! Along with a song that makes absolutely no sense and makes me want to gouge out my eardrums, only it won't help! It's still there!!! :001_tt2::lol: Now I have to come up with a trump song!

I remember being so confused about McArthur Park when I was a girl. I even had the sheet music for piano, and learned to play and sing it, but it never made sense to me.

This isn't quite the same, but it's from a talented popular performer from the same time, and a movie musical to boot!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6WidQqhu4