• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Depeche Mode any 1? Then there was Weird Ak and a few other weirdos .

There you go again Chac with your eclectic taste in music. Although I bet you know which of those three I enjoyed most. Unlike you I am “stuck in the sixties”, but I enjoyed the others as well. Never too old to learn some new tricks.

IMG_2142.png

Once again Chac, you have used the “way back machine” to as far as 55 years ago, well before you were born to find some great tunes. Thank you for being you and posting this great music from the past Your selections always make me smile.

chac54, do you listen to an pre historic music or am I the only fossil here.​

I do listen to classical when I am stressed out, mostly piano pieces. I love some ragtime every now and then. I also could listen to the Wanamaker organ all day.

Once again a great trio of songs, Chac. I recall Tracey Chapman but had forgotten about her. What an unusual voice. Hard to believe it was 35 years ago. The Doors and Rolling Stones are among my favorites, especially Jim Morrison and The Doors. I saw both The Doors and The Stones live at Madison Square Garden during my college years. Mick Jagger is still rocking with Keith, coming to the U.S. again. Thanks Chac for sharing the music on your mind today. :thumbup1:

I think the most famous song by The Troggs, a sixties British band is this loud rocker

But they also sang this pretty love song.

This was always a favorite song of mine from 1966. And today in 2023, I finally see what the band, The Cyrkle looked like and they were kinda hot, 57 years ago. :drool:

The first two selections today Chac are noteworthy in that December 1963, (Oh what A Night) was the first Four Seasons hit in over a decade in 1975. It was the only hit without Frank Vali singing lead. As seen in the video, it is the drummer in the lead and Frankie sings harmonies. It was a hit several times since. Great song.

And sadly Jim Croce was killed in a plane crash before he ever became the big star he became. Very sad. His hit of Big Bad Leroy Brown came after he died to my recollection.

Leslie Jordan was Marks friend. I haven’t watched your third selection yet, Chac.

I discovered this brilliant song written by my favorite singer songwriter/performer, Bob Dylan only an hour ago, listening to YouTube while coming out of the first part of my sleep. I looked it up and saw the most famous version was recorded by Bob’s onetime girlfriend and muse, Joan Baez. Here is a live 1966 version performed by Joan.

There is a genre on YouTube of young “creators” reacting to music videos from older generations. And this kid Silas Bailey is very cute, so it is a double pleasure watching him react to great stuff from over 50 years ago, 1969 Woodstock Festival. When I saw that this video is of the manic Joe Cocker doing “ With A Little Help From My Friends“, I knew that Silas would go nuts to the equally nutty Joe Cocker. And it all comes off as I expected here.

I’d have to say that Simon & Garfunkel are in my Top five all time artists, and this morning as I was outside looking at the trees, this song came to mind. It probably would have been more appropriate a month or two ago, but it is still a great song!