• CLICK HERE To Join Broke Straight Boys & Instantly Get Full Access To Entire Site & 3 FREE bonus sites.

Members favourite music

Nice cover of Sloop John B
I loved it Chac! Great harmonies and it seemed like a bunch of guys having fun. It’s interesting that this song was one that we sang in the Boy Scouts and I was surprised when in 1968 I heard The Beach Boys version on the radio.

I love your varied musical taste and I always enjoy your selections of music. Keep it up, please! :thumbup:

I loved it Chac! Great harmonies and it seemed like a bunch of guys having fun. It’s interesting that this song was one that we sang in the Boy Scouts and I was surprised when in 1968 I heard The Beach Boys version on the radio.

I love your varied musical taste and I always enjoy your selections of music. Keep it up, please! :thumbup:
Their smiles are so cute as they are absolutely nailing a difficult song with all the harmonies.

I remember watching Batman as a kid and seeing Liberace and wishing I could play as good as he did on the piano.

Great clip Chac on two levels for me. Number one it was a fine performance by Tommy singing, “Draggin’ the Line”. But number two was Dick Clark reminiscing and showing the clip from Dick Clark’s 1966 summertime afternoon show from Malibu Beach called, “Where the Action Is”. I was 16 at our family’s summer bungalow in Long Beach, New York and discovering how hot teenagers looked on the beach and I got to listen to great rock and roll and check out hot sexy guys on our black and white TV every day at 4 PM, I believe. Wow, Great memories! Thank you so much.
Just hearing the theme song still gives me a boner. lol 😂

Back in 1965, Barry McGuire sang this most controversial at the time song which was a Top 10 hit, but now today in 2023, 58 years later, it still rings very true. Sad but true……….😥

Back in 1965, Barry McGuire sang this most controversial at the time song which was a Top 10 hit, but now today in 2023, 58 years later, it still rings very true. Sad but true……….😥

We have forgotten our history, some would prefer not to teach it as it actually happened. We are doomed to repeat our past mistakes.

Powerful words sung years ago that are very applicable to today sadly. I keep saying that if alien life were to covertly look at our world to make friendly contact, they would pass us by as we are not anywhere near intelligent to be part of a broader galaxy. We can't get along on this planet, how can we expect to be welcomed into another society when all we want to do is conquer and kill those who do not think like us.

We have forgotten our history, some would prefer not to teach it as it actually happened. We are doomed to repeat our past mistakes.

Powerful words sung years ago that are very applicable to today sadly. I keep saying that if alien life were to covertly look at our world to make friendly contact, they would pass us by as we are not anywhere near intelligent to be part of a broader galaxy. We can't get along on this planet, how can we expect to be welcomed into another society when all we want to do is conquer and kill those who do not think like us.
Very well stated Chac.

Chac, you are a treasure trove of eclectic music. Whenever I see your name appear on this thread, I get excited as I never know what you have in store. That Simon & Garfunkel cover is very cool. And Neil Sedaka, a fellow Brooklynite was unexpected too. I’m loving it. :smiley-love021: